Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Send {SPACE} using Ctrl+Alt+Enter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
clarkj03
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Trying to read everything... this is what I came up with... doesn't work... I was looking for the modifier character for the Enter/Return key, but can't find it anywhere... am I out of luck?

!^Enter::
SendInput {Space} ; This line sends keystrokes to the active (foremost) window.
return

I have a USB smart button that sends CTRL+ALT+RETURN and need it to send either the spacebar keystroke to the active window or the pause/break keystroke to the active window. This is simply being used to pause and unpause a slideshow of sorts.

nimda
  • Members
  • 4368 posts
  • Last active: Aug 09 2015 02:36 AM
Picking up artificial keystrokes is occasionally a challenge. Run this script, press the USB "smartbutton" and then F5. Do you see anything other than F5 events?
#Persistent
#InstallKeybdHook
KeyHistory

clarkj03
  • Guests
  • Last active:
VK SC Type Up/Dn Elapsed Key Window
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A2 01D d 13.14 LControl C:\TESTER.ahk -AutoHotkey v1.1.02.03
A4 038 d 0.00 LAlt
0D 01C d 0.00 Enter
A2 01D u 0.03 LControl
A4 038 u 0.00 LAlt
0D 01C u 0.00 Enter
74 03F d 6.73 F5
Press [F5] to refresh.

----------------------

So I see the Down (Left Ctrl - Left Alt - and Enter) an the Ups for them... but I have no idea where to go from here...

I simply need when those 3 buttons are pushed to send a {SPACE} to what I think is the active window... if we have to specify a window... I can do that too.

I truly appreciate all help. I found another program, HotKeyPlus that will easily detect it, and I was trying to find a way to have that call a batch file to send a keystroke to a specific window... but that seems to be a dead end as well... trying a work around... but there has to be a way to do it straight through AHK...

clarkj03
  • Guests
  • Last active:
This works... when I press an 'h' it pauses...

h::
Send, {Space} ; This line sends keystrokes to the active (foremost) window.
return

This doesn't.... when I press a 'ALT', I get no pause...

!::
return

This is just on the regular keyboard, let alone the USB 'smart button'. Am I using the 'modifiers' wrong?

clarkj03
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I ended up doing this... and it worked.

*LAlt::
return