Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

GUI Alpha-Test #2 Version Available

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
If you have the inclination and the time, feel free to download this small zip file (162 KB). It contains the latest test version of of the GUI feature and some sample scripts. To run a script, drag & drop it onto the included EXE. You can also download the latest installer if you prefer to have everything, including the updated compiler and help file (which mentions the GUI command).

Preliminary documentation for the GUI feature is here: http://www.autohotke...ommands/Gui.htm

Changes since first alpha-test (possibly not a complete list):
- Once a gui window is created, a script becomes persistent and stays that way.
- Use the word default in a button's option list to make it the default button. This button gets a darker border to indicate that pressing ENTER is the same as clicking the button.
- Added a new automatic label GuiEscape, which is like GuiClose except it takes effect when the user presses Escape.
- Pressing Escape does a "gui, cancel" unless the GuiEscape label is present.
- New Cmds: Font and Color
- Added control: DropDownList
- Renamed controls to: ComboBox, ListBox, GroupBox
- Deleted control: EditArea (multi-line edits are auto-detected via height, the R (rows) option, and some other ways.
- Added automatic control sizing based on current font whenever width and/or height is omitted (needs tuning).

Thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions on the previous alpha test release.

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
Cool, this one is wkd :D. Is the full GUI coming out soon?

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Hopefully next week there will at least be a beta release, and soon thereafter a v1.0.19. Then for v1.0.20 and perhaps other versions beyond there will be more control types and options added.

By the way, in case anyone wants just the updated demo scripts without the EXE, here is a 3K zip file.

Nemroth
  • Members
  • 278 posts
  • Last active: Dec 31 2011 10:53 PM
I tried this new version. It's great !
But is it possible

1) to have, in the ListBox & DropDownList controls, the first option in the list selected by defaut. If I go in one of these controls with {TAB}, I have at least to click on {Down} to select the first option. If I don't do that, noting is selected when I go out the control with an other {TAB}.

2) to have an option to have the contents of a list sorted or not. If I have as parameters of a ListBox or DropDownList, for example : "Letter|Fax|Paper", it will be displayed sorted, like that :
Fax
Letter
Paper
But I prefer to have :
Letter
Fax
Paper
in the order I give.

Thanks by advance. : :D

Nemroth
  • Members
  • 278 posts
An other thing I forgot :

Is it possible to have one letter to select an associated control ?

I explain :

I know that with CheckBox and Button controls, as the name is displayed (for example an button &Next will have the text "Next" with the N underlined).

With ListBox & DropDownList, the name of the control is not displayed and its displayed name comes from the associated text, so they can(t be selected withe a selection letter (may be I'm wrong ?).

for example, in :

gui, add, text, ym, Sample list box:
gui, add, ListBox, vMyListBox gMyListBox, LItem1|LItem2|LItem3|LItem4||,

the ListBox can't be selected by pressing Alt & the "S" Key. It would be a good thing to have the possibility to be able to write :

gui, add, text, ym, &Sample list box:
gui, add, ListBox, vMyListBox gMyListBox, LItem1|LItem2|LItem3|LItem4||

to have the "S" letter underlined and to be able to select the ListBox with Alt-S (or to achieve thar that by an other method...)

Nemroth
  • Members
  • 278 posts
Complement :
I know that with CheckBox and Button controls, as the name is displayed (for example an button &Next will have the text "Next" with the N underlined), it's works fine....

I forgot a part of the sentence...

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
The installer and smaller alpha-test ZIP file have been updated again. Changes:

Escape does nothing unless the GuiEscape label is present.

Font can be returned to default color by specifying cDefault in options.

Fonts can now be used in order of preference in case the preferred font does not exist on a system (see help file or http://www.autohotke...ommands/Gui.htm)

Added sub-command "gui destroy" to remove a window and its controls.

Added an optional NoHide parameter to the submit command (might later become Hide vs. NoHide, depending on new poll).

Upon submit, the contents of ComboBox's edit field will be saved to its output variable if no selection from its list has been made.

Listbox no longer auto-sorts contents alphabetically. There will be an option to enable sorting (or should sorting be the default)? [thanks Nemroth]

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

to have, in the ListBox & DropDownList controls, the first option in the list selected by defaut.

Just add a double-pipe after the first item in the list. At least, that seems to work ok with the test GUI I'm using.

to have an option to have the contents of a list sorted or not.

Fixed, thanks. There will be an option to sort later.

Is it possible to have one letter to select an associated control?

That's on the list, thanks.

Nemroth
  • Members
  • 278 posts

Just add a double-pipe after the first item in the list

I didn't know I will try

to have an option to have the contents of a list sorted or not.
Fixed, thanks. There will be an option to sort later

Thanks for the fix

Is it possible to have one letter to select an associated control?
That's on the list, thanks

Thanks again !!!
And again : AHK, Hotstrings, GUI = Superb job :D

• Guests
  • Last active:
Ok, so where are all the skins???

I'm kidding! Just kidding... :D

Pallie
  • Members
  • 56 posts
  • Last active: Feb 23 2005 11:53 PM
Wow!

compuboy_r
  • Members
  • 68 posts
  • Last active: Oct 29 2005 03:17 PM
How do I add a CheckBox control that is initially checked ?

compuboy_r

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
For now, use the Control Check command (perhaps right after "Gui Show"). But there should soon be an option to do this.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
The installer and smaller alpha-test ZIP file have been updated again:

Text controls will now interpret any ampersands (&) as shortcut keys for the nearest input-capable control. In the following example, the letter F will be underlined and when the user presses Alt-F, the keyboard focus will jump to the control nearest the label: Gui, add, text,, &First Name. To include a literal ampersand in the text, specify two consecutive ampersands (&&).

Nemroth
  • Members
  • 278 posts

For now, use the Control Check command (perhaps right after "Gui Show"). But there should soon be an option to do this.

Is there should soon be an option to do this on all type of controls witch can handle it, for example to be able to display a given element of a listbox or combobox (of course I don't talk about the default element marked by ||), for example sXXXX where "s" stands for "select" and "XXXX" the text to be selected in the list ?