Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

GUI Alpha-Test #2 Version Available

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Although it may have worked, surely it didn't actually ever launch the subroutine on its own? Because I haven't implemented change-detection for Edit controls, I thought it best to make it (and anything else not implemented) a syntax error because otherwise, these old scripts might get broken when the features finally are implemented.

Nemroth
  • Members
  • 278 posts
  • Last active: Dec 31 2011 10:53 PM
My english is not so good. I didn't understood well your answer... Is it normal now that a gosub parameter is considered as an error ? If it is the case, how to implement a routine to (for exampel) verify what is typed in the edit box ?

The routine is not launched as the error I talk about stop the script. For example the masked input of a date in http://www.autohotke...er=asc&start=75 would not be possible anymore (beardboy note after mine...)

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
I'll clarify: I don't think the gLabel option ever worked on EDIT controls with any version of the alpha GUI. This is because I never programmed anything to make it work. If you actually used it and it worked for you with a previous version, please let me know.

You can still use SetTimer as in beardboy's example.

Nemroth
  • Members
  • 278 posts
Sorry sorry sorry. I give my applogies in the wrong forum !!! I tired !!! I answered in the general chat programm under GUI ideas...

Nemroth
  • Members
  • 278 posts
I hope that I am more awake than this morning (for me - my predecent post).

I have a new (?) proposition :

As it is possible to give a gray state to a Checkbox, will it be possible to do the same to the other controls (so edit and his associated text, Button, GroupBox and Radio buttons, DropDownList, ComboBox and List Box) to indicate to the user that for any reason, they are not available but they still exists ?

I think it can be better than to hide controls that are not necessary at a given moment.

Thanks for your answer.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
use
control, disable

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

• Guests
  • Last active:

use
control, disable

I know that, Rajat, and I'm agree with you.

But as I said previously in this topic about the selection of an item in a DDL :

You can use the commands "Control Choose/ChooseString" to select an item in a DropDownList, ComboBox, or ListBox.

NB : Of course and it's a good thing for the GUI the AHK developper don't create and want to control.

I'm not shure is the best thing for the GUI the AHK developper creates himsel. He should have simpler way to control it's own creation... But that's only my opinion...

It's just that I think it's probably easier for an AHK developper to drive it's own GUI by the mean of options. Of course we can do with the Control command a lot of things on our GUIs, but perhaps it's more easy to use options...

Nemroth
  • Members
  • 278 posts
Precedent Guest is me... I was disconnected...

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

I think it's probably easier for an AHK developper to drive it's own GUI by the mean of options

More options are coming soon.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
i believe if something's readily doable by a single line cmd, then its quite easy... also it'd be better to add options to tackle things that're not possible or not quite simple to figure out.

MIA

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
also u'll still have to use the control cmd once... like if u initially bring it enabled then u'll have to control' disable it ...or vice versa.
unless u want to gui, destroy it and recreate it with opposite state!

MIA

Nemroth
  • Members
  • 278 posts

also u'll still have to use the control cmd once... like if u initially bring it enabled then u'll have to control' disable it ...or vice versa.
unless u want to gui, destroy it and recreate it with opposite state!

On this point, I cant say anything else that you are right...