Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

CloudAHK - Cloud Compiling

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Poll: Should AutoHotkey:Build be hosted at build.autohotkey.net (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Should AutoHotkey:Build be hosted at build.autohotkey.net

1. Yes (32 votes [82.05%])

Percentage of vote: 82.05%

2. No (7 votes [17.95%])

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote
mrmike
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  • Last active: Jun 07 2014 04:38 PM
This is sweet. Thank you.
Posted Image
Vista 32 Home Premium SP2

octal
  • Members
  • 102 posts
  • Last active: Jul 24 2015 03:14 AM
Yeah no problem.

I'm glad other people are finding a use for it.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
Showing permissions does not work. If someone uses a DllCall, all permissions are automatically included.

nimda
  • Members
  • 4368 posts
  • Last active: Aug 09 2015 02:36 AM

Showing permissions does not work. If someone uses a DllCall, all permissions are automatically included.

I assume that that is by design... someone could easily obfuscate a DllCall (think Chr()), but commands cannot be called dynamically.

octal
  • Members
  • 102 posts
I don't think any of this will be nessesary.

There isn't a way to share the apps yet and if there is, it should be the users responsibility.

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

... but commands cannot be called dynamically.

Built-in functions can be called dynamically...

nimda
  • Members
  • 4368 posts
  • Last active: Aug 09 2015 02:36 AM

... but commands cannot be called dynamically.

Built-in functions can be called dynamically...

This is a good point. A script could generate the character "D" and use it in %var%llCall(). Without a full-blown virtual machine which tests every state that the script can be in, it is impossible to accurately provide a list of permissions. In fact, a script could simply download and run a virus :roll:

This is the reason that I think that it should function as a "pastebin with a 'compile' button" -- users can already share potentially malevolent .exe's elsewhere, and it is best to let a human determine how a script may act. While they may not always be able to do so, they are no worse off than manually running a script from source code.

• Guests
  • Last active:
The only thing 'cloud computing' is really useful for considering the average Joe is file sharing. There are umpteen-zillion sites for that.

The rest of it is just marketing from the likes of Google and Microsoft telling people things will somehow be better (as in, give us ALL of your info).

Give this shit a rest, please. It's as useless as tits on a boar hog.

And before any of the normal AHK drama queens that currently run loose chime in... cut some grass and buy a real phone before you kiss up on this.

octal
  • Members
  • 102 posts
Wow.

First off, the fact you had to post as a Guest says alot about you. Grow some balls.

Second off, cloud computing and compiling is extremely useful. You're just making yourself sound dumb, and you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Which is also why I assume you posted as guest.

Check out.
<!-- m -->https://build.phonegap.com/<!-- m -->
<!-- m -->http://c9.io/<!-- m -->

Not all of us can just sit in front of our desktop at our parents house all day.

Good day, sir
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Yeah no problem.

I'm glad other people are finding a use for it.

Hmm... you don't like it, but the 15 people who voted "yes" apparently do. I'm interested in knowing why you think it is useless to everyone.
What is one man's trash is another man's treasure
Oh, and you might benefit from the Roman tale of Jupiter, Neptune, Minerva, and Momus.
Sincerely,
Trollfeeder

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

... it is impossible to accurately provide a list of permissions.

However, I believe the following can be used to disable DllCall.
DllCall() {
}

Uberi
  • Moderators
  • 1119 posts
  • Last active: May 02 2015 06:05 PM
I'm going to try to be objective here.

The only thing 'cloud computing' is really useful for considering the average Joe is file sharing. There are umpteen-zillion sites for that.

Incorrect. Webmail services like GMail or Hotmail, for example, are a very popular way of accessing email. Social networks have also enjoyed enormous successes in recent years.

The rest of it is just marketing from the likes of Google and Microsoft telling people things will somehow be better (as in, give us ALL of your info).

It is possible that online privacy may be a thing of the past, but I'm afraid I don't see the relevance to the topic at hand here.

Incorrect. Boar hog tits are commonly used as filler cuts and are almost always kept. Jokes aside, I don't see why a cloud compilation service for AutoHotkey is useless.

And before any of the normal AHK drama queens that currently run loose chime in... cut some grass and buy a real phone before you kiss up on this.

So as you are entitled to your opinions, as you have so eloquently demonstrated, so as the "AHK drama queens" are entitled to theirs. The phones they carry should not be of concern if it does not impact you.

First off, the fact you had to post as a Guest says alot about you. Grow some balls.

I agree that it was inflammatory, but I don't think it is fair to discriminate against all guests. After all, guests have made many helpful and valuable contributions before.

Anyways, great work with the service, octal, I hope you pursue this idea further.

octal
  • Members
  • 102 posts
I was not knocking guests.

<!-- m -->http://en.m.wikipedi... ... ion_effect<!-- m -->

These kind of comments are discouraging, although I know I should just ignore it.

Anyway, thanks for the support.

octal
  • Members
  • 102 posts
Added support for importing from pastebin. Please check the first post.

octal
  • Members
  • 102 posts
Also added Firefox and Chrome extensions.