Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

about forum politics

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic
really disturbed user
  • Guests
  • Last active:
is it now the official forum politic,
to not only accept software that is for actually killing,
but also to delete any protest against it?

i really can't believe this.

Huh?
  • Guests
  • Last active:
What are you refering to?

• Guests
  • Last active:
@Huh? This post (sport shooting app) the OP protested and asked for the thread to be deleted, a mod deleted the protest, kept the thread.

• Guests
  • Last active:
this post above is this post <!-- m -->http://www.autohotke...topic81793.html<!-- m --> (sorry forgot to paste)

Carcophan
  • Members
  • 1578 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2013 06:46 PM
Several pieces of software I've created have killed people. I originally tried to call it SkyNet, but it took over itself and is now self-aware.

For it is not us deleting anything, or to be fair, killing anyone... the 1's/0's now have a mind of there own.

True story.

sinkfaze
  • Moderators
  • 6367 posts
  • Last active: Nov 30 2018 08:50 PM
I deleted your post because you clearly don't understand what sport shooting is and you made sure to use as little tact as possible in expressing the level of your misunderstanding.

And you're concerned about registered users being rude to new forum members?

really disturbed user
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I deleted your post because you clearly don't understand what sport shooting is and you made sure to use as little tact as possible in expressing the level of your misunderstanding.

a computer operating a gun is NEVER sport.

i do understand what sport-shooting is, but this thread has horrified me.
25 years ago my country was divided by wall, that wall was guarded by hundreds of automatic-shooting-weapons that killed people trying to pass this boarder without any human interaction. so this is of course very emotionally for me.

but even if you are not horrified by this idea of punx, you should be able to see the potentional dangers of a gun-controlling software. and until now, the AHK-Forum was a place where potetially dangerous software was immediately banned. (there are no keyloggers and viruses in here afaik, and those have not killed a single human so far).

i request again, that this post is removed.

i would hate to leave this communtity, but can't be related (even remotely) to anyone supporting such (i can't even think of another word for that) obscenity.

And you're concerned about registered users being rude to new forum members?

that was another guest, not me.

sinkfaze
  • Moderators
  • 6367 posts

a computer operating a gun is NEVER sport.

There is nothing in the user's post that says a computer is operating the gun, which leads me to doubt your next statement:

i do understand what sport-shooting is...

...the AHK-Forum was a place where potetially dangerous software was immediately banned.

To my knowledge poker bot scripts have never been banned, and I would be willing to bet that poker bots have destroyed more than their fair share of lives.

Another moderator saw the post when it was created and did not suspect any ill-intent by that person either. As far as we are concerned the user has done nothing wrong and we will not be removing his/her post.

If you wish to appeal to Chris about the post, feel free to do so.

really disturbed user
  • Guests
  • Last active:

There is nothing in the user's post that says a computer is operating the gun, which leads me to doubt your next statement:

what about this

- Show distance, with the help of sensors mounted to the rifle
- Auto adjustment of features based on sensors

and

- Image verification, if possible. Basically, if a picture of a typical target shows up on the webcam, a red "hitbox" will appear around it etc...

if you've got a target verified, shooting is only a few lines of code away.

To my knowledge poker bot scripts have never been banned, and I would be willing to bet that poker bots have destroyed more than their fair share of lives.

probably. and i don't like those threads and never help out there, but they are just harming themself. a bullet from a gun(no matter if computer-guided or not) will usually hurt others.

which leads me to doubt your next statement:

i googled it right when saw that post(just to make shure he was not talking about a game), and found this http://en.wikipedia..../Shooting_sport as far as i understand it, the sport in this kind of activity is, a person holding a gun trying to hit the target WITHOUT further assistance.

punx obvously wants to build a software to find a target, measure the distance and adjust the gun to this target. definitly no sport. and again add a few lines of code and it shoots.

even if punx is a peacloving whatsoever, as long as script for that is available here, any freak can (at least try to) missuse it for real horrible things. (i can already see the CNN-Headline: Open-Source-Programming-Community delivers Software for Terrorist Attack)

i'll give you (and me) a day time to think about it,
but i doubt i can be with you anymore if you really don't see this things as verry problematic.

and no, i won't contact Chris, he is leaving AHK, as you know:http://www.autohotke...topic81753.html

sinkfaze
  • Moderators
  • 6367 posts
The intent of the sensors is so a shooter can relate what they're feeling about the shooting conditions versus what's actually happening. You may not feel a subtle breeze or notice an unconscious shift that alters your shot, but sensors will detect those things so you can analyze them and improve how you assess the shooting conditions. These are sensors no different than runners, baseball players, bowlers or even lumberjacks use to improve how they perform in their sports.

and no, i won't contact Chris, he is leaving AHK, as you know

There's no guarantee that he's leaving, what he announced are tentative plans. And regardless, right now he's still the person in charge, so please feel free to contact him if you feel so strongly.

really disturbed user
  • Guests
  • Last active:

but sensors will detect those things so you can analyze them and improve how you assess the shooting conditions.

i have no deep knowlegde about weapons, so i accept the fact, that punx might not be building the horrible killing machine, i imagined.
but whatever you build that controls, guides, aides or supports a weapon or that helps any any other way to use a weapon, is also an aid in killing people.

i know there was never a discussion about it, but the forum has so far always acted on a No Harm policy, i assumed that this would include the "real world".
i personally don't want to be where people are building weapons or any weapon-support technics.

i hope there is at least one mod here, who feels the same.
i 'll check back tomorrow to see if you have changed your mind.

Carcophan
  • Members
  • 1578 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2013 06:46 PM

i personally don't want to be where people are ...

i 'll check back tomorrow...

:roll:

Contradict much?

• Guests
  • Last active:

Please move to a country that doesn't teach you that guns (or software) is the problem instead of spelling out what is the actual problem and maybe you won't need to live such a fragile, pampered state.

really disturbed user
  • Guests
  • Last active:

i personally don't want to be where people are ...

i 'll check back tomorrow...

:roll:

Contradict much?

Not funny,
i am seriously worried about this topic. there is no reason to rip words out of context to make a lousy remark.

but to make it clear to you.
i will wait untill tomorrow, to see if the thread is still there,
and if it is still there i will leave(that means i stopp supporting in the AfH section and i will remove the scripts i've posted so far)

dmg
  • Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Last active: Nov 04 2015 06:46 AM

25 years ago my country was divided by wall, that wall was guarded by hundreds of automatic-shooting-weapons that killed people trying to pass this boarder without any human interaction. so this is of course very emotionally for me.

I am sure we can all imagine how such an environment would make you uncomfortable over this issue, but for your own sake you need to understand that guns are just tools. They can be, and often are, used to help people, to stop those who want to do harm.

I cannot claim any knowledge of punx's intentions, but based solely on his posts it sounds like he does not intend any harm. And unless that impression is changed by something specific we can't condemn his request any more than we could condemn you for driving a car or using a kitchen knife, both of which can be used peacefully or to kill.

@all
Has anyone considered ASKING punx to explain what he is wanting to do a little more? This may not make really disturbed user any more comfortable but I don't see it doing any harm either.
"My dear Mr Gyrth, I am never more serious than when I am joking."
~Albert Campion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Website | Demo scripts | Blog | External contact