Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

AutoHotkey_L v1.1.06.02

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic
Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

New features, bug fixes, potentially script-breaking changes and other changes.

New features:
Integrated #InputLevel directive and SendLevel command by Russell Davis.
Integrated support for Link controls by ChrisS85.

Breaking changes:
Changed command parser to avoid trimming escaped characters such as `t or ` (space) at the beginning or end of an arg.
Changed MsgBox's smart comma handling to improve flexibility and consistency.
[*:2wafo4zf]% can now be used to make Options or Timeout an expression.
[*:2wafo4zf]If the first arg is an expression, any unescaped comma which is not enclosed in quote marks or parentheses/brackets/braces will cause multi-arg mode to be used. These commas were formerly interpreted as multi-statement operators within the first-and-only arg (Text).
[*:2wafo4zf]When Title is an expression, unescaped commas contained within the expression no longer interfere with smart comma handling.
[*:2wafo4zf]If there are exactly two args and the first is empty or an integer, multi-arg mode is used. The former behaviour was to combine both into a single arg (Text).
[*:2wafo4zf]Timeout can be a literal number or a single deref (and optionally part of a number; for example, %Timeout%.500). Contrary to the documentation, the former behaviour interpreted most other cases beginning with % as expressions (containing a double-deref).
[*:2wafo4zf]Title can be an expression even if Text and Options are omitted.Changed A_IsUnicode/A_IsCompiled to be defined as an empty string in ANSI versions/uncompiled scripts instead of being left undefined. This allows them to be checked without triggering #Warn warnings. Side effects include:
[*:2wafo4zf]Attempting to assign directly to A_IsCompiled or A_IsUnicode always causes a load-time error. Dynamic assignments always fail, either silently or with an error dialog as appropriate. Previously assignments were allowed in uncompiled/non-Unicode scripts.
[*:2wafo4zf]Attempting to take the address of A_IsCompiled or A_IsUnicode always fails.
[*:2wafo4zf]A_IsCompiled and A_IsUnicode no longer appear in ListVars when referenced by a script which is not compiled/Unicode.Changed Send and related commands to respect #MenuMaskKey when changing modifier keystates.

Other changes:
Changed GuiControl Choose to remove the ListBox/ComboBox/DDL's current selection when N=0.
Changed RegisterCallback to allow a Func object in place of a name.
Changed ListLines to show filenames (except when compiled).
Improved Run to output a process ID if possible when ShellExecuteEx is used.

Fixes:
Fixed handle leaks in RegRead.
Fixed x.y++ and similar to assign an empty string if x.y is non-numeric.
Fixed SendInput Win+L workaround causing Win key to "stick down".
Fixed Ahk2Exe auto-including the wrong file if an auto-include used #Include <Lib>.

v1.1.06.01 fixes a bug in the MsgBox smart comma handling of v1.1.06.00.

v1.1.06.02:
Fixed IniRead crashing when Section is omitted but Key isn't.
Fixed accuracy of FileGetSize with files which are 4GB or larger.

Downloads (etc.)

just me
  • Members
  • 1496 posts
  • Last active: Nov 03 2015 04:32 PM

Changed MsgBox's smart comma handling to improve flexibility and consistency.

I had a dream!

Changed A_IsUnicode/A_IsCompiled to be defined as an empty string in ANSI versions/uncompiled scripts instead of being left undefined.

I wonder if False/0 had been the better choice?

Changed GuiControl Choose to remove the ListBox/ComboBox/DDL's current selection when N=0.

THX.

And thanks for all your work on AHK, of course!

maul.esel
  • Members
  • 790 posts
  • Last active: Jan 05 2013 09:26 PM
Thanks for your work! And thanks to all other contributors, too!

I wonder if False/0 had been the better choice?

I had the same thought.

I need to look into #InputLevel, not yet understanding it fully. The syntax block on the SendLevel page seems to be missing a parameter?
Join the discussion on The future of AutoHotkey
Posted Image Visit me on github Posted Image
Win7 HP SP1 64bit | AHK_L U 64bit

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM
Lexikos, Russell Davis and ChrisS85, thank you for sharing your great work with us! :)
I especially like Link control, deselecting items via GuiControl, and Improved Run.
My [idea] SysLink via Html is now made obsolete, but it's still nice if someone needs links + formatting.

Although there is a "potentially script-breaking changes" warning, for now, I haven't experienced any problems with my frequently used scripts.
Thanks again!

Can text in SysLink control be centered? It looks it can't. (I mean without prepending spaces or tabs trick).
LinkText = Visit <a href="http://www.autohotkey.com">AutoHotkey</a> now!

Gui, Add, Link, x5 y5 w200 +Border, % LinkText
Gui, Add, Link, x5 y35 w200 +Border +Right, % LinkText
Gui, Add, Link, x5 y65 w200 +Border +Center, % LinkText
Gui, Add, Link, x5 y95 w200 +Border, % "                 " LinkText	; bad improvisation
Gui, Show
return

GuiClose:
ExitApp

nimda
  • Members
  • 4368 posts
  • Last active: Aug 09 2015 02:36 AM
Awesome! There have been so many Link hacks... it's good to have them supported!
I don't understand SendLevel's docs, however.

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

The syntax block on the SendLevel page seems to be missing a parameter?

Thanks for mentioning it. It's been fixed.

I don't understand the SendLevel command.

The #InputLevel page is correct; SendLevel was reworded from the #InputLevel page, keeping some words but with reversed meaning. It's been fixed.

Can text in SysLink control be centered?

I don't believe so.

hoppfrosch
  • Members
  • 399 posts
  • Last active: Feb 26 2016 05:31 AM
Just a minor issue:

Download Link is missing in top post ... (As AHK claims to be Newbie friendly, I think it's a must in the announcement post ...)

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
I always neglect to put a link in my initial post since I use the update script. It's also the same URL for every release.

hoppfrosch
  • Members
  • 399 posts
  • Last active: Feb 26 2016 05:31 AM

I always neglect to put a link in my initial post since I use the update script. It's also the same URL for every release.

I don't have problems with this. But as some new users might see this announcements and they might wonder where to find the download (esp. if they don't know either the update script nor the "well known" URL), I think it's simple a best practice to offer the download link ...

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
v1.1.06.02:
Fixed IniRead crashing when Section is omitted but Key isn't.
Fixed accuracy of FileGetSize with files which are 4GB or larger.

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
There were some errors in the documentation of SendLevel and #InputLevel. These have been fixed and I've added a friendlier introduction to this new feature on the SendLevel page. The online documentation and v1.1.06.02 downloads have been updated.

Zaelia
  • Members
  • 754 posts
  • Last active: Jan 17 2015 02:38 AM
Long time ago that I haven't updated, I had a surprise:
Posted Image
My "template.ahk" was still not in UTF8, maybe we need an option to overwrite it (reset personal settings), and a line in helpfile about this file.
"You annoy me, therefore I exist."