Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

[Inactive] AutoHotkey Nova > Project & discussion

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic
  • Guests
  • Last active:

3. "Moar!" means I have no idea what should go there.

Get involved (forum, AutoHotkey book, AutoHotkey.net (GitHub?))

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts
  • Last active: Dec 05 2016 10:14 PM
from http://www.autohotke...pic.php?t=84419

hello!

my proposal is to make help pages editable and commentable like wiki, so that they will be corrected, clarified, improved, enriched with script libraries, etc

thanks!

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts
from <!-- m -->http://www.autohotke... ... 9&start=60<!-- m -->

Here's a mockup I put together last night for a potential design:http://truetechsupport.net/autohotkey/

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts
From conversation with Polyethene

The site design looks nice but I think we should try to achieve something similar to wordpress.org, git-scm.com and other open source software sites. The theme should look professional and inviting, with simple patterns based on CSS and few images where possible.

jethrow
  • Moderators
  • 2854 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2017 01:57 AM
If AHK is designed for non-programmers, perhaps the front page could take some inspiration from Macro Recording programs. Here are a few: 1 2 3

... and dare I throw in these guys: .

I think visuals would be a good idea - whether it be code, a video, or an image of a macro recorder. Also, I think it would be nice if we had a few certifications/awards posted, if there are any.

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active: Feb 05 2015 02:49 PM
I like this design the best.

If you look at some of those other sites, like git-scm, they have download links on the home page -- I like that. They also have code examples, which could be suffixed with links to a nicely formatted quick-start tutorial. The "Got a Question" section, for us, could contain links to the forum, IRC, a FAQ, and any other frequent resources.

I think all of those should be on the home page. Since the forum is a high point of the site, it should also be in a navigation bar.

For logged in users, an account section in a sidebar would be nice. Maybe notifications, watched posts, and quick access to the file manager.
aboutscriptappsscripts
Request Video Tutorials Here or View Current Tutorials on YouTube
Any code ⇈ above ⇈ requires AutoHotkey_L to run

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts
As you might have noticed polyethene rolled out a new design on the main page recently - it's nice to see it was inspired by some suggestions here, but I was not involved in it and did not see it coming. I think it's a shame it was rolled live without discussion.

Anyway, for reference: Purple & pure - by polyethene.

I like how clean it looks, and the direct download link.

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:

I like how clean it looks, and the direct download link.

To be honest, I also like the new design; but I also disapprove of the way it was forced upon the community without previous discussion.

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active: Feb 05 2015 02:49 PM
To be fair, if it wasn't, it'd be debated for months and then no action would end up being taken.
aboutscriptappsscripts
Request Video Tutorials Here or View Current Tutorials on YouTube
Any code ⇈ above ⇈ requires AutoHotkey_L to run