Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Thoughts on the new design

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic
tomoe_uehara
  • Members
  • 2166 posts
  • Last active: Jun 11 2015 05:33 PM
And there's no Preview button besides the Submit button

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2015 01:09 AM

And there's no Preview button besides the Submit button

Select Full Editor and you will have a preview button.
Check out my scripts.  (MyIpChanger) (XPSnap) (SavePictureAs) All my scripts are tested on Windows 7, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.

tomoe_uehara
  • Members
  • 2166 posts
  • Last active: Jun 11 2015 05:33 PM
I mean, what's the point of having a Quick Reply window if a user have to switch to Full Editor window just to see the Preview?
But it's not a big deal anyway, I'll have to use the Full Editor every time I reply though..

• Guests
  • Last active:
I used to be able to select code block using Ctrl + Click, that doesn't work anymore on the new design.
I wish someone would fix it the old way where there is a button to copy the code.

Windows 7 32
Firefox 12

• Guests
  • Last active:

I used to be able to select code block using Ctrl + Click, that doesn't work anymore on the new design.

Vote+ - But I'm sure there will be some improvements to the code box in the near future, probably one of those things on the growing TODO list ;-)

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
Anyone notice that guest's can not search the forum?

You have to be logged in to see the Search button.

Edit: 4-10-12 Just found the search button while not logged in. I suppose it was there all along and I just did not see it.
Check out my scripts.  (MyIpChanger) (XPSnap) (SavePictureAs) All my scripts are tested on Windows 7, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.

Tuncay
  • Members
  • 1945 posts
  • Last active: Feb 08 2015 03:49 PM
Finally we have the option to hide flash animations, signatures and avatars!

No signature.

• Guests
  • Last active:

I can search just fine as a guest.

0x150--ISO
  • Members
  • 657 posts
  • Last active: Apr 07 2012 09:06 PM
Moved here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.autohotkey.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=85016&p=528234#p528234">viewtopic.php?f=3&t=85016&p=528234#p528234</a><!-- l -->

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts

I can search just fine as a guest.

You are right. I just found it. I suppose it was there all along and I just did not see it.

wtg
  • Members
  • 251 posts
  • Last active: Dec 19 2012 03:54 PM
Post times don't appear to be honoring daylight savings time. My time is set to Eastern Standard Time, but EST is now GMT-4 with DST in effect and the times are being shown as GMT-5

azure
  • Members
  • 1216 posts
  • Last active: Mar 18 2015 09:06 AM
hello!

can you add links to the documentation at the top of forum webpages?

also, can you include all the options (ie quote tags, code tags, italics tags, etc) in the quick reply area? I know this may not be the purpose of quick area, but it will save bandwidth and clicks and time!!! what is the reason to click and load another page to make a proper reply with its tags etc, when we can have it in the quick reply area?

thanks!

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts
  • Last active: Dec 05 2016 10:14 PM

hello!

can you add links to the documentation at the top of forum webpages?

also, can you include all the options (ie quote tags, code tags, italics tags, etc) in the quick reply area? I know this may not be the purpose of quick area, but it will save bandwidth and clicks and time!!! what is the reason to click and load another page to make a proper reply with its tags etc, when we can have it in the quick reply area?

thanks!

I was also thinking about adding "all links" on the top. Regarding quote/code/etc tags I disagree - too much screen space. I really like the quick reply area, but I don't think it needs quick tags (and by default - there are no quick tags ofc).

On a different (but similar) topic: I do not like the font coulour palette since it takes too much space for something I'd rather use a dropdown or manual (Colorette f.ex.) HEX-code for. But I might be biased?

azure
  • Members
  • 1216 posts
  • Last active: Mar 18 2015 09:06 AM
a button to copy the code to clipboard is necessary

nimda
  • Members
  • 4368 posts
  • Last active: Aug 09 2015 02:36 AM
I've been using the ProSilver template, and I love it. The one thing I don't like is polls. The polls are ugly. Each bar is a square (old forum had rounded ones which looked better) and a shade of red (why red?).

Can we make the bars nice round white bars again?