Jump to content

Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Flash to HTML5! Wow


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic
0x150--ISO
  • Members
  • 657 posts
  • Last active: Apr 07 2012 09:06 PM
  • Joined: 01 Jan 2011
<!-- m -->http://tv.adobe.com/... ... ofessional<!-- m -->

Not sure how deep this goes ( IE porting Actionscript over to JS )
If it does my world just got a lot easier.

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active: Feb 05 2015 02:49 PM
  • Joined: 02 Nov 2008
You could just wrap ActionScript functions in JavaScript. It's the same language at heart.
aboutscriptappsscripts
Request Video Tutorials Here or View Current Tutorials on YouTube
Any code ⇈ above ⇈ requires AutoHotkey_L to run

0x150--ISO
  • Members
  • 657 posts
  • Last active: Apr 07 2012 09:06 PM
  • Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Thats a good point however,
I've tried moving from AS to JS and let me tell you I could smell burning toast.
Also theres things about JS that are just so unstable compared to flash.

If this does what it proposes,
a lot of ppl will be very happy indeed.

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active: Feb 05 2015 02:49 PM
  • Joined: 02 Nov 2008
The past few days I've been working with CoffeeScript. It's a really nice language that converts to JavaScript. It's so light weight, I may continue using this for anywhere I need JavaScript going forward.
aboutscriptappsscripts
Request Video Tutorials Here or View Current Tutorials on YouTube
Any code ⇈ above ⇈ requires AutoHotkey_L to run

0x150--ISO
  • Members
  • 657 posts
  • Last active: Apr 07 2012 09:06 PM
  • Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Sounds interesting, any links?

I'm looking at Prototype
<!-- m -->http://prototypejs.org<!-- m -->

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active: Feb 05 2015 02:49 PM
  • Joined: 02 Nov 2008
Yeah: <!-- m -->http://coffeescript.org/<!-- m -->

It compiles to JavaScript.

I found this on the prototype site.

var Person = Class.create({
  initialize: function(name) {
    this.name = name;
  },
  say: function(message) {
    return this.name + ': ' + message;
  }
});

It would look like this in CoffeeScript.

class Person
  constructor: (@name)

  say: (message) -> "#{@name}: #{message}"

aboutscriptappsscripts
Request Video Tutorials Here or View Current Tutorials on YouTube
Any code ⇈ above ⇈ requires AutoHotkey_L to run

0x150--ISO
  • Members
  • 657 posts
  • Last active: Apr 07 2012 09:06 PM
  • Joined: 01 Jan 2011
omg so much easier tytyty

tabish
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: May 15 2012 03:46 AM
  • Joined: 15 May 2012
0x150||ISO really goood post thanks for sharing...
i try it soon ...
and connect you for help ....

meochain
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Last active: Jun 10 2012 04:25 PM
  • Joined: 10 Jun 2012
With HTML you can add a few lines of code here and there and in general tweak things without breaking anything. Flash is harder to deal with though and you may be required to go back to your initial coder or find another one if you need to change something.

0x150--ISO
  • Members
  • 657 posts
  • Last active: Apr 07 2012 09:06 PM
  • Joined: 01 Jan 2011
I purchased an upgraded Flash Pro CS6 and now the option to publish to glorious HTML 5.
Simply amazing for 90% of mobile/tablet ports ( the other 10% supported native flash obj)!

meochain
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Last active: Jun 10 2012 04:25 PM
  • Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Thanks for Sharing Such Information...