Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

third-party GUI

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
azure
  • Members
  • 1216 posts
  • Last active: Mar 18 2015 09:06 AM
hello!

one of my main interests is to interact with third-party GUIs, automate them, edit them, etc, because I often find interaction with an app, time-wasting and I often want to automate repetitive tasks

the first step of this interaction is to be able to make the programming/scripting language see the third-party GUI

afaik, AHK can "see" third-party GUIs via Window Info Tool

I wonder, is there any other way, for AHK or for any other language to see something more or more easily?

in webpages, by viewing the source of a webpage, we see many things, is there something similar for third-party GUIs?

thanks!

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM
You do realize you do not need a "Window Info Tool" to interact with a different program, right?
there are commands like controlget, controlsettext, ControlGetPos, winget, pixelgetcolor, and many others.

Also, there is no universal "decompile this program and show me the source". There are so many different programming languages. Many languages have a LOT of different compilers and encryption things. If anything is made, it might work on 0.0000000219% of the programs you try it on.

You could maybe learn about dll injection, packet sniffing, and things like resource editing. That stuff is quite advanced so good luck :p

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

azure
  • Members
  • 1216 posts
  • Last active: Mar 18 2015 09:06 AM

You do realize you do not need a "Window Info Tool" to interact with a different program, right?
there are commands like controlget, controlsettext, ControlGetPos, winget, pixelgetcolor, and many others.

yes, but the info from all those commands is nothing more than what "Window Info Tool" can give, afaik

there is no universal "decompile this program and show me the source". There are so many different programming languages. Many languages have a LOT of different compilers and encryption things. If anything is made, it might work on 0.0000000219% of the programs you try it on.

You could maybe learn about dll injection, packet sniffing, and things like resource editing. That stuff is quite advanced so good luck :p

if AHK could incorporate such abilities, it would be best!