Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Macro Creator v4.1.2 - Automation Tool (Recorder & Writer)

• Please log in to reply
670 replies to this topic
immunity
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2012 07:13 AM
Hey I also read that you're implementing if statements. Are you going to implement variable assignment? I'd like to store a boolean that switched value upon each run (or of course the same thing by storing a number and dividing it by 2...)

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
  • Last active: Apr 06 2016 04:00 AM
Hi, immunity!
Thanks for pointing out the up key problem. I'm already working in a different and more reliable way to record that.
About your suggestion of returning the mouse to initial state I think it's a great idea. I will implement that right away.
And for the variables, I was going to start with built-in variables, but I plan to have a way to assign variables too I just have to think how it would work in playback.
Check back for updates! :)

Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer) | Class_LV_Rows - Copy, Cut, Paste and Drag ListViews | Class_Toolbar - Create and modify | Class_Rebar - Adjustable GUI controls

Join the New AutoHotkey Forum!

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
Posted Image
Good News Everyone!!!

I have finished the new version 2.0! Took me some time but I managed to add more features that I wanted and that I have been asked. The recorder is more reliable now and I added context menus when you right-click a button in the main window or anywhere inside a command window to show links to the page of every command. I hope you like the new icon buttons interface too!
Thanks for everyone who contributed with your opinion and suggestions.

Changes:
- Added SearchImage and SearchPixel commands.
- Added some If Statements commands.
- Added SendMessage and PostMessage commands.
- Added KeyWait option in Pause.
- Added Window-Sensitive Hotkey option in Export Menu.
- Added Clipboard Send in Text Command (removed Script option).
- Added option to return Mouse to initial position after playback.
- Added Context-Menu Help: Right-Click on a button or window to show links to AHK Online Help.
- ControlClick can now be used with position in window.
- Improved Mouse and Key Recording reliability.
- Loop now works for Playblack (Nested Loops won't work).
- Control Records can now record Window Title and Classes.
- Fixed: Control Record issues.
- Fixed: Up Keys not being recorded sometimes.
- Fixed: Program consuming too much CPU.
- Fixed some other issues.

Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer) | Class_LV_Rows - Copy, Cut, Paste and Drag ListViews | Class_Toolbar - Create and modify | Class_Rebar - Adjustable GUI controls

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
I've fixed some issues in the last days that I have missed. Also the EXE is now compressed with MPRESS and has a smaller size (400kb).

If anyone has tried I would like to know your opinion (good or bad :lol: ), so feel free to leave your comments. Thanks!!!

Rodolfo U. Batista

• Guests
  • Last active:

If anyone has tried I would like to know your opinion (good or bad :lol: ), so feel free to leave your comments. Thanks!!!

ver 2.01 posted 6/14, when run from source, does not have graphic images displayed in the 'small' buttons - only the IF and WM appear. Something missing?

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts

ver 2.01 posted 6/14, when run from source, does not have graphic images displayed in the 'small' buttons - only the IF and WM appear. Something missing?

I used a function found in the forums to add the graphic buttons using Windows DLL's, so it's likely that it would work on any windows even only the script... What version of Windows are you running? And what version of AHK?

Rodolfo U. Batista

• Guests
  • Last active:

What version of Windows are you running? And what version of AHK?

x64, 1.1.7.3, date modified 3/25/2012 1:04 PM
windows 7 home premium

• Guests
  • Last active:
Are the images embedded in the source (.ahk) file somehow? 'cuz I downloaded and tried the source (as with earlier versions) rather than the .exe...

if not, then missing image (files) would certainly explain the absence...

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts

Are the images embedded in the source (.ahk) file somehow?

Not really... These are the dll's it uses in windows 7 followed by the index number of the icon:

NewIcon := "wmploc.dll:" 178
OpenIcon := "shell32.dll:" 45
SaveIcon := "shell32.dll:" 258
ExportIcon := "shell32.dll:" 68
PreviewIcon := "shell32.dll:" 22
OptionsIcon := "wmploc.dll:" 24
MouseIcon := "DDORes.dll:" 27
TextIcon := "DDORes.dll:" 26
SpecialIcon := "wmploc.dll:" 15
PauseIcon := "shell32.dll:" 265
WindowIcon := "shell32.dll:" 2
ImageIcon := "shell32.dll:" 302
RunIcon := "shell32.dll:" 24
LoopIcon := "wmploc.dll:" 137
RecordIcon := "wmploc.dll:" 157
StartIcon := "shell32.dll:" 137
RemoveIcon := "shell32.dll:" 131

I suppose the function is not working with AHK x64... I will have to do some tests when I get home.
I will reply as soon as I have any thoughts on that. Thanks for the advice!

Rodolfo U. Batista

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
I've updated the app with a modified version of the Graphic Buttons function. Thanks to just me now the icons will show when running the source in AHL_L 64bit as well! :)

Rodolfo U. Batista

fjannik
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jul 06 2012 07:57 AM
Hi pulover,
very cool work!

I currently want to use the ImageSearch feature but I ran into problems.
It seems to be that the variant parameter is at the wrong postion.
I changed your source at line 4952 to:
Details = %iPosX%`, %iPosY%`, %ePosX%`, %ePosY%`,  *%Variat% %ImgFile%
If ImageS = 1
{
	Type = %Type16%
}
If PixelS = 1
{
	Type = %Type15%
}
then it worked. Perhaps you can check this.

And additional feature request for the image search feature (inspired by the image based macro recorder sikuli):
In the same way you determine the search area with the button "get" and setting a rectangle with right mouseclick , it would be nice to have another button "Make Screenshot" which will put a automatic named picture into a configurable folder and enter the name automatically in the file field of the imagesearch dialog.

Keep going

Cheers
fjannik

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
Hi fjannik!

Thank you for showing me this bug. Guess I jumped the part of the manual that read "immediately before the name of the file"... :lol:
It's fixed now and I also took the chance to show in the PixelSearch details that the search uses the option "Fast RGB". Currently it works with this option always (you can change it in exported scripts, of course), but I realized it should not be "hidden" from the user.

About your request, I had also seen this feature in another macro recoder and implementing this was already in my plans!
I will start the tests and should have this feature working soon.

Thanks and let me know if you have any more suggestions!

Rodolfo U. Batista

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
I have finished some major updates to MacroCreator.
- Assign Variables: The 'If' button can be used to assign and compare variables.
- Send Variables: Use percent signs in Text command to send variables.
- Show Variables: Use percent signs in MsgBox Prompt option of the Pause menu to show variables values.
- Changed the Post/SendMessage command window to allow the use of any message number.
- Added shortcut to 'ListVars' command in File menu.
- Fixed: Wrong window activated when marking search area.
- Fixed: Last window not activated after selection target window for control commands.
- Fixed: No line feed in MsgBox prompt of Pause menu.

Some important notes:

The 'Make Screenshot' button works the same way as to mark search area (right-click and drag to create a rectangle) and will create a PNG file of that area in the Screenshots directory (the default can be changed in options menu). To use this function from source code you'll need [url=http://www.autohotkey.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=32238">

tic's GDI+ Library[/url] (it must be placed in the same directory of the script), otherwise it will be disabled (The compiled EXE has it integrated already).

Any single word enclosed in percent signs (e.g. %MyVar%) inside an string in the 'Details' column will be converted to the variable's contents during playback. That means you can use variables in 'Text' command or MsgBox Prompts in 'Pause' menu. For example you can copy a text and send it using ControlSend or ControlSetText directly from the clipboard.

Assigning and comparing variables was something I was planning to add for some time now, but getting it to work in Playback mode was a bit complicated (I'm not an expert in scripting anyway :p ). I finally managed to implement it and it should allow some extra possibilities... with a few restrictions.

- To create or modify a Variable click in the 'If' button and the 'Assign Variable' tab, type a valid variable name, select one of the operators and an optional value.
- To compare variables click the 'If' button and select 'Compare Variables' in the dropdown list. In the edit box you can enter a valid sintax for comparing such as 'MyVar = 5' or 'Clipboard > %MyVar%' to create the If Statement. The operators accepted are: =, ==, <>, !=, >, <, >=, <=.

- In order to make to assign variables values to other variables (like MyVar := Clipboard) you will have to have to use percent signs even though it's not the correct way for AHK, so the program will show 'MyVar := %Clipboard%' but it should correct the syntax for exported scripts.
- Assigning variables to other variables may cause errors in playback if the variables contents include percent signs or line feeds.
- The exported script (as well as the preview window) will auto correct 'MyVar := %Clipboard%' to 'MyVar := Clipboard' and 'MyVar := Clipboard' to 'MyVar := "Clipboard", but assigning variables along with text (e.g. 'MyVar := Today is %A_DDD%' which should be 'MyVar := "Today is " A_DDD' in the script) won't give you correct results.

I tested the new features on a few scenarios but there may still be bugs so if anyone find one please let me know.
Thanks for the suggestions and help.

Rodolfo U. Batista

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts

- Added support for Boolean Assignment. Variable must be enclosed in percent signs (e.g. MyVar := !%MyVar%).
- Extended the use of variables to the Control and Window columns.
- Fixed: Trying to compare built-in variables would show an error.
- Added more shortcuts (see help window).

Now it's possible to assign a variable and use it for Controls and Windows too.

Rodolfo U. Batista

0sync0
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Last active: Aug 07 2016 10:21 PM
I feel like an idiot since I'm the first person to ask this question. How do you get it to record?

I click the Record button and the app minimizes. I do some clicking and typing and then go back to the app and there is nothing there.