Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

NODE : Launcher.. and more.

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic
hoppfrosch
  • Members
  • 399 posts
  • Last active: Feb 26 2016 05:31 AM

Thanks for the input, now I guess I shouldn't put a lot of effort on #1, atleast for now.

(Sarcasm on)
That's democracy in this forum these days - very few voices (exactly 2) trigger big decisions ... ;-)
(Sarcasm off)

You might have a look at Jeeboo - which seems also to be written in AHK. I personally like this design (big icons ...). But it seems to be at an dead end ...

Drugwash
  • Members
  • 1078 posts
  • Last active: May 24 2016 04:20 PM
1. Why closed source - whatever part of it?
2. Which AHK version is/will it be written in?
3. Will it have Win9x support if answer #2 is "Basic"?

As for your poll, if I were to use this app I'd need both #1 and #2. But then again, I'm using Total Commander too, with a bunch of plug-ins that do about everything but french fries.

P.S. If you're gonna use AHK_L for this, maybe it'd be best for a mod to move this topic to the dedicated section.

(AHK 1.0.48.05 and Win98SE) forever | My scripts are here

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM

(Sarcasm on)
That's democracy in this forum these days - very few voices (exactly 2) trigger big decisions ... ;-)
(Sarcasm off)

I know.. but that's all the data I had to go by! Anyways, we can ofcourse add that feature a little down the line.

You might have a look at Jeeboo - which seems also to be written in AHK. I personally like this design (big icons ...). But it seems to be at an dead end ...

I didn't know about Jeeboo, it definitely looks great, though it looks like its at its beginner stages right now.

1. Why closed source - whatever part of it?
2. Which AHK version is/will it be written in?
3. Will it have Win9x support if answer #2 is "Basic"?

1. So that (atleast initially) nobody says to me "Rajat, you big dummy, is that how you code?!" :D
2. I'm writing it in AHK_L, but not sure if I've used anything that will break it if run on basic version.
3. I probably used some 'XP and above' commands in the code. Sorry :(

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

hoppfrosch
  • Members
  • 399 posts
  • Last active: Feb 26 2016 05:31 AM

I didn't know about Jeeboo, it definitely looks great, though it looks like its at its beginner stages right now.

Nevertheless - it works great and very relyable for me now. (I only use fixed keywords lists ... no parsing for exe or something like this. And I use it in a productive environment as my main tool ...).
You might have seen, that it seems to be a stillborn child since the developer does not show any response since more tha 6 month now...

Drugwash
  • Members
  • 1078 posts

1. So that (atleast initially) nobody says to me "Rajat, you big dummy, is that how you code?!" :D
2. I'm writing it in AHK_L, but not sure if I've used anything that will break it if run on basic version.
3. I probably used some 'XP and above' commands in the code. Sorry :(

The outcome is more important than the coding manner, in my humble opinion. Anyway, it looks like I'll have to build my own - dunno if this life will be enough for all projects I started or have in mind.
Thanks for replying.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

The outcome is more important than the coding manner, in my humble opinion. Anyway, it looks like I'll have to build my own - dunno if this life will be enough for all projects I started or have in mind.

haha... i guess i am getting a knack for making your life tougher. But let me clean up the mess I'm making these days.. then I'll open it up.

MIA

Drugwash
  • Members
  • 1078 posts
Nah, no worries... I'm used to a tough life already. :) And there's too much on my plate to start delving into this one right now. So take your time, don't mind me buzzing around. ;)

P.S. Am I the only unfortunate human that has a hard time staying logged in when posting, changing topics, opening new topics in another tab, etc? This board has become a mess! I know one thing: if it ain't broken, don't fix it! And it wasn't broken. Darn! :(

[rant directed at whoever destroyed this board]

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
Update on development. The added pics should explain better the current status.

MIA

Uberi
  • Moderators
  • 1119 posts
  • Last active: May 02 2015 06:05 PM
Looking great so far!

Can't wait :D.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
Thank you :)
The basic functionalities are almost done. I am working on making the plugin/extension platform more robust, but still rather easy to add to. And I am the worst guy at documenting my code, so I have to counter that too.

By the way, I always wonder... how do most people document their code? Right alongwith when they've had a great thing buzzing in their head and they just want to churn out the amazing function? ..Or is it when its complete and working well, then you write comments around it?
What works better?

MIA

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
I recommend writing in some short sentences of what the code is supposed to do before actually writing it. That way you already have some comments at the start and can also follow your concept better or modify it if required.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
hmmmm... That's truly good advice. I will try this from now on..

MIA

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
As part of testing the plugin architecture, I quickly tried to create a Clipboard object + Clipboard actions plugin, and it was easy as candy :D
About 50 lines of borrowed code from tidbit's script made it quicker for me :)
Posted Image

By the way, can anyone also comment on whether this Light color scheme better or worse, compared to the Dark one?

MIA

Uberi
  • Moderators
  • 1119 posts
  • Last active: May 02 2015 06:05 PM
I love the light scheme, hope it becomes default.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
Thanks for the input, I'll probably make it default. And either way, even if full blown theming might not be part of initial releases, the switch between Dark and Light themes would be easy.

MIA