Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

NODE : Launcher.. and more.

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic
Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM

Hey bro, you surpassed the t.A.t.U. girls with your app, at the time - their first album was only 200mph... in the wrong lane

I looked it up.. and found a 200kmph by t.A.t.U and 200mph by some other artist...  weird internet!

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

Drugwash
  • Members
  • 1078 posts
  • Last active: May 24 2016 04:20 PM

Fuzzy memory of mine... well, at least the number was correct.tongue.png

As for NTFS... the day it will be natively available for my main development machine which is still 98SE, I'll look into it.cool.png

(AHK 1.0.48.05 and Win98SE) forever | My scripts are here

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

Isn't there a patch or something to support NTFS on that jurassic system? tongue.png

MIA

Drugwash
  • Members
  • 1078 posts

There have been only two lame attempts at supporting NTFS under 9x, but only in Read mode, not Read/Write. Microsoft kept NTFS specs secret all the time. Otherwise I'm sure some smart russian guy would have implemented it already. I mean, look at Revolutions Pack by Tihiy - he practically showed those MS [...] they just can't code! And he was only about 17 when he first created his skinning engine, called LameSkin at the time.

Skrell
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • Last active: Jul 07 2016 05:03 PM

I have never heard of Revolutions Pack until now.   Shame there isn't something similar for XP.   Is there any reason a person would voluntarily use 98? 

pomj
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Last active: Jan 29 2017 09:15 PM

Well NODE is one of my most appreciated scripts/programs. Hope you pick up the development some day again

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

Well NODE is one of my most appreciated scripts/programs. Hope you pick up the development some day again

Thank you!  :)

MIA

Drugwash
  • Members
  • 1078 posts

I have never heard of Revolutions Pack until now.   Shame there isn't something similar for XP.   Is there any reason a person would voluntarily use 98? 

Good things, free things, are almost never advertised - on the contrary, they're being hidden from the public by any possible means, because big corporations have to take advantage of the user. That is why you haven't heard of Revolutions Pack, of AutoPatcher for Windows 98, of Unofficial Service Pack for Windows 98, of KernelEx and many other things. Oh and so you know, there is an application that can load (un)official themes in XP; it's called Allure by Cedric Collomb.cool.png

As for voluntarily choosing any of the Win9x versions, there can be a variety of reasons, which I will not discuss here. We are already way off-topic and I apologize for that.shy.png

pomj
  • Members
  • 30 posts

I have one question regarding the later versions (0.38 and upp).

They are quick as Hxxx but I can not get them to recognise/register anything on my desktop. That was not the case with 0.37. This very inconvenient so I am still using 0.37.

Any ideas?

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

That's strange. I just tried it here, and all shortcuts on my desktop are automatically mapped, from both these folders:

C:\Users\Rajat\Desktop

C:\Users\Public\Desktop

I even exited NODE, deleted config.ini, and launched it again, thus forcing it to create a new one with default values.. it worked fine again.

Can you try the same? Or you can just rename config.ini to config.bak or something in case you'd like to save your current values.

Thanks

----------- The message above this line is something I posted, or atleast tried to post, earlier.. just saw that it had disappeared somehow.

Drugwash is a dear friend and after reading your message he's given me a test build of the File Search utility that's being used by NODE. In case my above message is of no help, maybe this can help find the issue. Here's the link and his instructions:

http://ge.tt/1uQikvp/v/0?c

Here's AlternativeFileSearch compiled with AHK_L 1.1.12.0 Unicode
test with full path to desktop, asterisk as file name and asterisk or
whatever for extension.
'Rcrs' stands for 'Recurse' and the 'Dbg' options dunno what it does,
probably a debug log or something.

MIA

robertcollier4
  • Members
  • 141 posts
  • Last active: Jun 28 2019 01:05 AM
Don't know if this is related, but I also had a problem when I tried running NODE with only "Common Start menu". I saw in code of NODE that you have to have "Desktop" before "Common Desktop" and "Start menu" before" "Common Start Menu" in the FolderList string in Config.ini. Otherwise these folders will not read.

This is because:
	DefaultFolders = %A_ScriptDir%\alias|%A_Desktop%|%A_StartMenu%|%A_MyDocuments%|%A_DesktopCommon%|%A_StartMenuCommon%	; this is a static list, we only need to declare it once
	;it is important to keep the alias folder at the beginning to ensure the aliases work correctly
	DefaultAliasFolders = Aliases|Desktop|Start menu|My Documents|Common Desktop|Common Start menu
	Loop, Parse, DefaultAliasFolders, |			; here we parse the alias names and replace the FolderList matches with the real paths 
		if InStr(FolderList "|", A_LoopField "|")	; retrieved from the static array 1 that we just created above
			StringReplace, FolderList, FolderList, %A_LoopField%, % P_Files_Int_Storage("1", A_Index)
FolderList=Aliases|Desktop|Start menu|My Documents|Common Desktop|Common Start menu
The default string works fine because it does 1 replacement of "Desktop" and "Start Menu" before "Common Start menu" and "Common Desktop"

But if you have:
FolderList=Aliases|My Documents|Common Desktop|Common Start menu|Desktop|Start menu
Or if you have:
FolderList=Common Desktop|Common Start menu
It will not work since it will replace "Common Desktop" with "Common %A_Desktop%" and "Common Start menu" with "Common %A_StartMenu%".

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

Ohh! thanks Robert for figuring that one out. That surely needs a fix right away.

MIA

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
- Fix for Folder Alias bug (Thanks pomj and robertcollier4)

Its a very minor update. Hopefully the issue Robert identified should be fixed, though not sure if pomj's issue was the same. 

@Robert, wouldn't the issue you identified occur only if someone changed the .ini file manually? There are no options in GUI to change order of folders, correct?

MIA

pomj
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Drugwash alternative search finds all files on the desktop.

Could it have anything to do with that I'm running a swedish version of windows?

robertcollier4
  • Members
  • 141 posts
  • Last active: Jun 28 2019 01:05 AM

@Robert, wouldn't the issue you identified occur only if someone changed the .ini file manually? There are no options in GUI to change order of folders, correct?

Not necessarily - it would happen via the GUI if the user used the GUI to select "Common Desktop" without also selecting "Desktop". Or if the user used the GUI to select "Common Start menu" without also selecting "Start menu"

It was able to be easily fixed in NODE 0.40 by replacing
DefaultFolders = %A_ScriptDir%\alias|%A_Desktop%|%A_StartMenu%|%A_MyDocuments%|%A_DesktopCommon%|%A_StartMenuCommon%	; this is a static list, we only need to declare it once
DefaultAliasFolders = Aliases|Desktop|Start menu|My Documents|Common Desktop|Common Start menu	; also a static list
with:
DefaultFolders = %A_ScriptDir%\alias|%A_DesktopCommon%|%A_StartMenuCommon%|%A_MyDocuments%|%A_Desktop%|%A_StartMenu%	; this is a static list, we only need to declare it once
DefaultAliasFolders = Aliases|Common Desktop|Common Start menu|My Documents|Desktop|Start menu	; also a static list
That way it will search for the longer "Common Start menu" substring before "Start menu" - thus no possibility that "Start menu" gets replaced in "Common Start menu".