Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Sending German Umlaute with pressing Capslock[fixed]

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
lied
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Apr 24 2012 07:53 AM
Hi,

I'm new to AutoHotkey. I have a englisch keyboard layout on my laptop but sometimes I need to type some German letters like:
ä,ü,ö,€,ß,Ö,Ü and Ä

I want to use the Capsplock key + a for a 'ä' and CapsLock+Shift+a for a 'Ä'.

This is my script:
#InstallKeybdHook
SetCapslockState, AlwaysOff
CapsLock & a::Send ä
CapsLock & u::Send ü
CapsLock & o::Send ö
CapsLock & e::Send €
CapsLock & s::Send ß

CapsLock & Shift & o::Send Ö
CapsLock & Shift & u::Send Ü
CapsLock & Shift & a::Send Ä

AutoHotkey complains that I have double entries in my configuration. I thougt that CapsLock & Shift & o is different to CapsLock & o.

Does anybody know how to fix this that I can use Capslock+Shift for the capital letters? I searched the forum for information but didn't found any regarding my topic.

JSLover
  • Members
  • 920 posts
  • Last active: Nov 02 2012 09:54 PM
This works pretty well...

#SingleInstance force

#InstallKeybdHook

SetCapslockState, AlwaysOff

CapsLock & a::CSend("ä", "Ä")
CapsLock & u::CSend("ü", "Ü")
CapsLock & o::CSend("ö", "Ö")
CapsLock & e::CSend("€")
CapsLock & s::CSend("ß")

CSend(p_normal, p_shifted="") {
	key:=(!GetKeyState("Shift") ? p_normal:p_shifted)
	Send, %key%
}

Useful forum links: New content since: Last visitPast weekPast 2 weeks (links will show YOUR posts, not mine)

OMFG, the AutoHotkey forum is IP.board now (yuck!)...I may not be able to continue coming here (& I love AutoHotkey)...I liked phpBB, but not this...ugh...

Note...
I may not reply to any topics (specifically ones I was previously involved in), mostly cuz I can't find the ones I replied to, to continue helping, but also just cuz I can't stand the new forum...phpBB was soo perfect. This is 100% the opposite of "perfect".

I also semi-plan to start my own, phpBB-based AutoHotkey forum (or take over the old one, if he'll let me)
PM me if you're interested in a new phpBB-based forum (I need to know if anyone would use it)
How (or why) did they create the Neil Armstrong memorial site (neilarmstronginfo.com) BEFORE he died?

lied
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Apr 24 2012 07:53 AM
Thanks! Works like a charm!