Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Formal request to Polyethene

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
166 replies to this topic
  • Guests
  • Last active:
@tank: yes I can <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.autohotkey.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=373687#p373687">viewtopic.php?p=373687#p373687</a><!-- l -->
(not that it makes me happy to proof you wrong)

Eedis
  • Members
  • 1775 posts
  • Last active: Aug 14 2015 06:33 PM
'Guest', you do realize he is still "active" and makes posts here, right? He just made one two days ago. Besides, he is one out of.... -looking up statistic-.... (21,350 + active guests, such as yourself) users on this site. You cannot come to the conclusion that the world is about to end because a guy is standing on the street corner yelling, "The world is about to end!"
AutoHotkey state, the forum, Poly, and Drainx1. The short story.
I love my wife, my life, my atomic-match; for giving me the greatest gift a man could ask for, such a perfect and beautiful little girl.
9rjbjc.png

• Guests
  • Last active:
He offers support yes, but no longer contributes useful new code as he always done in the past or "upgrading" his code to support newer ahk_l features - ask him if you don't believe me, or read his numerous posts about it.

My final post about this - happy to discuss basic v _l further no point in discussing specific users (although L is just one of a few I know of)

himanshu
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • Last active: Jan 04 2013 03:35 PM

What? Mini-war in the community? Since when? I've never seen any draft papers going around the forum or heard any onomonapedic-gunshots. You must have some-how fashioned a time machine and was able to get the internet back during the Civil War, somehow tunnel the internet through the time machine, and back to present time. There is no war or even a disagreement on a large scale of that matter.

How do you write such long sentences and yet come up with a less-than-valid argument?
If you/others think all is fine, that's okay. I have seen posts/threads which have been very heated and inflammatory. If I was as resourceful as Guest above, I might actually have linked to them... but I'll let that be at the moment.

Regarding your "disagreement" with my empirical knowledge of someone who chose AutoIt because of all the confusion in the community, all I can do is go *face-palm*

himanshu
  • Members
  • 95 posts

...I have never seen or heard of anyone switching to a different language for the mere fact that the language is slow to evolve

I never said they switched because the language was slow to evolve.

I said they were a potential new user who chose AutoIt because they read about all the confusion/disagreement in the community about which version of the language would be default/mainstream in the future. Especially since it involved the admin enforcing their decision on a community that was mostly against it.

Guest37713
  • Guests
  • Last active:

...I have never seen or heard of anyone switching to a different language for the mere fact that the language is slow to evolve

I wasn't replying to you. If I was, I would have quoted you or At/@ himanshu'd you.

I was giving my opinion and ideas.

himanshu
  • Members
  • 95 posts

I wasn't replying to you. If I was, I would have quoted you or At/@ himanshu'd you.

Based on the lines below, it would seem you were in fact replying to me.

Users are getting impatient and frustrated. New users are choosing alternative languages like AutoIt because of the uncertainty about "which" AHK version will be mainstream in the future (I know this happened to a friend)

I disagree with this statement. Although, some users may be getting frustrated or impatient, I have never seen or heard of anyone switching to a different language for the mere fact that the language is slow to evolve

Anyway, whether or not you were replying to me, lets move on :)

There are more important things. Like what happens to the community. And how long till we come to know.

Guest37713
  • Guests
  • Last active:
himanshu: Note the names, I am a Guest. He is a registered user, Eedis.
We are not one of the same, good sir.

himanshu
  • Members
  • 95 posts

himanshu: Note the names, I am a Guest. He is a registered user, Eedis.
We are not one of the same, good sir.

And after you posted the following, can you blame me for the confusion?

I was giving my opinion and ideas.

I did the logical thing and assumed it was Eedis posting as guest.
Anyway, I am not going to engage in any more of these "trivial" arguments. The thread started was for a purpose and it should be used only for that.

Eedis
  • Members
  • 1775 posts
  • Last active: Aug 14 2015 06:33 PM
Wow... That was one of those confusing quote-tree's I have read in a while.

@himanshu
It just seems like you're jumping to a conclusion or simply stating that there is a war or huge argument going on on the whole site because a few posts by a few new users who are unaware of any situation.
AutoHotkey state, the forum, Poly, and Drainx1. The short story.
I love my wife, my life, my atomic-match; for giving me the greatest gift a man could ask for, such a perfect and beautiful little girl.
9rjbjc.png

• Guests
  • Last active:
@Eedis: I suggest you stop saying such things because there HAS been heated and very nasty debates which you are probably not even aware of. Really, look them up and read them and then stop posting about it - no need to dig up all that dirt again as it seems the main parties at least have talked to each other and we just have to wait, although a simple "hey we're going to stick with basic" or "hey we are going to move on with _l" would clear some of the confusion already. But if people are busy they are busy nothing we can do about it.

Carcophan
  • Members
  • 1578 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2013 06:46 PM

@Eedis: I suggest you stop saying such things because there HAS been heated and very nasty debates which you are probably not even aware of. Really, look them up and read them ....

You are saying he is unaware of these heated debates, while you post in a thread he started about such a topic. His sig even has a link to THIS post, which he, and others, speak openly about their feelings towards certain matters.

The irony here kills me. :twisted:

• Guests
  • Last active:
@c: Funny indeed as I 1) don't see signatures (they are removed by my Posted Image-filter) and 2) I'm pretty sure this thread was started by Sumon. :D

But back to the topic at hand: can S, P or L who had this chat back in August(?) just say which direction <!-- w -->www.autohotkey.com<!-- w --> is going in?

Carcophan
  • Members
  • 1578 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2013 06:46 PM

@c: Funny indeed [...] and 2) I'm pretty sure this thread was started by Sumon. :D

Touché, good sir (or madam). The link in his sig points to his specific reply within Sumon's main post.

...just say which direction <!-- m -->http://www.autohotkey.com<!-- m --> is going in?

As long as it is going 'forward', I don't care which specific direction it does. Standing still, and going backwards are not ideal, forward is the only option.

You can call 'forward' by whatever other name you want.

• Guests
  • Last active:
@c: I think at the moment it is shuffeling (lmfao style) ;-)