Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

[How To] Retrieve File fullpath from Explorer

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic
lbl
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Nice idea! I also propose an alternate solution, using the magic operation "Clipboard = %Clipboard%". Maybe others already mentioned that solution?

#c::
    ;Using this #c instead of the usual ^c will copy the full path of the file instead of the reference of the file
    Clipboard =
    Send, ^c
    ClipWait, 1 
    Clipboard = %Clipboard%
    ToolTip, Clipboard : %ClipBoard% 
    KeyWait, LWin
    ToolTip
Return

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
I think using COM is the preferred way for explorer. Does not work with file dialogs or desktop though. It has been posted on the forums before, if you can't find it I can try to dig it up.

Scoox
  • Members
  • 194 posts
  • Last active: Jun 09 2017 03:34 AM

Nice idea! I also propose an alternate solution, using the magic operation "Clipboard = %Clipboard%". Maybe others already mentioned that solution?

I second that. After trying various other methods, using Clipboard := Clipboard turned out to be the simplest and most effective solution.

RegJump() - Jump to registry path in Regedit

HoverScroll() - HoverScroll() - Scroll controls without focus

Leef_me
  • Moderators
  • 8510 posts
  • Last active: Sep 10 2015 05:50 AM

I second that. After trying various other methods, using Clipboard := Clipboard turned out to be the simplest and most effective solution.

Clipboard, ClipboardAll, and OnClipboardChange
http://www.autohotke...c/Clipboard.htm
Basic examples:
clipboard = %clipboard% ; Convert any copied files, HTML, or other formatted text to plain text.

1. your first source for info should be the helpfile
2. please don't post to year-old threads

Scoox
  • Members
  • 194 posts
  • Last active: Jun 09 2017 03:34 AM
Apologies. Lbl's suggestion was extremely useful to me, so much so that I didn't even notice the date of his post. However, I believe that a thread that's useful today cannot considered outdated. Since my post didn't really add any useful info, I feel a bit embarrassed now that I think about it.

Regarding the helpfile, it is not my first source for info. The forum and the helpfile complement each other. I tend to come to the forum for solutions (no need to re-invent the wheel) whilst I use the helpfile when I need help with a specific function or command.

RegJump() - Jump to registry path in Regedit

HoverScroll() - HoverScroll() - Scroll controls without focus

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM
There is nothing wrong with necro posting, It's better then having duplicate topics. And If timestamps were not shown, you probably wouldn't even care if he posted in an old topic. "when was the last post? a week ago? month? 5 years? 3 minutes ago? oh well. no harm done."

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

Leef_me
  • Moderators
  • 8510 posts
  • Last active: Sep 10 2015 05:50 AM
@Scoox
@tidbit

I would disagree, the helpfile has many pieces of info that out-shine the forum.

However, this particular series of posts by SKAN, [How To], serve a purpose to extend the helpfile without rewriting it.

Typical posts of over a year that get "well said", or "thanks" add nothing to the conversation.

kArThIcK
  • Members
  • 142 posts
  • Last active: Aug 31 2017 03:40 AM

Thanks a lot  guys.

I was Searching for a way to do things like this on my computer.wink.png

This Is An Awesome Compilation Of Help Materials http://www.autohotkey.net/~faqbot/
;) :) B)