Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Nexus 7 tablet

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic
dmg
  • Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Last active: Nov 04 2015 06:46 AM

So it just for watching and reading media and using google's apps..?

No. An Android based device may not be as versatile as one running Windows but it can perform a great many of the tasks most user do every day. It may not be a true replacement for a desktop/laptop but it can be very useful.

What about other tablets, I am looking for a little replacement for my PCs because working with a little smaller advice than a PC is more comfortable and you can add,remove,modify your projects easier.

There are tablet computers that run Windows, but a decent one is likely to be pretty expensive. :?
"My dear Mr Gyrth, I am never more serious than when I am joking."
~Albert Campion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Website | Demo scripts | Blog | External contact

Wingfat
  • Members
  • 937 posts
  • Last active: Oct 14 2015 04:20 PM
Go large! small screens are a thing of the past. Plus the heaver your LapTop you lug around the more strength training you get. I have a Toshiba Qoisimo 18.5'' with all the stuff in my bag it is close to 50pounds that i carry to and from work everyday. then i use the stairs on all my breaks and such wearing my bag ;-0 when i go places with out it i feel so light like i can jump a mile hehehe
----------------------------
Wingfool you fat! I mean, Wingfat you fool!
Line from Woody Allen's movie "What's Up Tiger Lilly?"
-----------------------------

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2015 09:49 AM
That might be an interesting project -- an AutoHotkey type fork for android something that allows you to control your apps or games like temple run, etc. Shouldn't have to be all fancy or whatever but it could be a fun thing to develop. Gotta look into this...

The universe is a wondrous place! The faster you create unbreakable code, the faster the universe creates people that can break it. All scripting follows the rule Rule Of Twos -- 1) Good, 2) Fast 3) Cheap -- pick any Two.
I guarantee absolutely nothing about any code I provide except that it works in my machine. ●
MMO Fighter   KeyLooperDemo   Key Spammer   TinyClickRecorder  GGs Password Generator.ahk
For the newest version of AutoHotkey and some killer scripts go here.
Rock-on%20kitten.gif

TheDewd
  • Members
  • 842 posts
  • Last active: Jun 10 2016 06:55 PM
So, I've read that if bought from Google, the tablet comes with a 12 month limited warranty. I don't think there's going to be an official announcement that all the bugs are worked out. I think I just have to take a chance and exchange it if there's any issues. I don't want to wait any longer. :)

dmg
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

So, I've read that if bought from Google, the tablet comes with a 12 month limited warranty. I don't think there's going to be an official announcement that all the bugs are worked out. I think I just have to take a chance and exchange it if there's any issues. I don't want to wait any longer. :)

OK then. When you receive your Nexus maybe you could post your impressions/answer some questions... Just a thought. :p
~Albert Campion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Guests
  • Last active:
Why not the win8 tablet?

It won't be so expensive and you can probably run ahk on it since it's win OS.

dmg
  • Members
  • 2395 posts
<!-- m -->http://www.pcworld.c... ... cceed.html<!-- m -->
~Albert Campion

dmg
  • Members
  • 2395 posts
Thought I would post a more recent article on the Nexus 7:
<!-- m -->http://www.ign.com/a... ... s-7-review<!-- m -->

I am a bit surprised that there is not much 'chatter' about Google working to fix their manufacturing issues... :?
~Albert Campion

Carcophan
  • Members
  • 1578 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2013 06:46 PM

Thought I would post a more recent article on the Nexus 7:
<!-- m -->http://www.ign.com/a... ... s-7-review<!-- m -->

I am a bit surprised that there is not much 'chatter' about Google working to fix their manufacturing issues... :?

It would just get drowned out by the Tab10.1 and Mini pad thing, anyway. Google will quietly beef up the specs a little, clean up the factory a little and re-release it shortly after the other two come up and die down a little. i bet.

TheDewd
  • Members
  • 842 posts
Okay, so I finally bought the Nexus 7 tablet yesterday. It came from my local Wal-Mart, which incidently is the only place I could still find them in stock. I've looked it over, trying to find the obvious defects. The screen is not sticking out. It's very flat all around. There is no distortion in the speakers, at any volume level. There is no screen flickering at high brightness. No dead pixels. Touch detection is great.

The only problem I've found, which may not even be a problem, but more of an annoyance, is a bit of lag when scrolling. For example, when in the Chrome web browser, scrolling the page up or down is somewhat "skippy". I'd say it's something software related that will be fixed later on.

I'm going to continue to do more testing, but right now it looks and feels great.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

dmg
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Feel free to ask me any questions.

A generous, and potentially dangerous, offer to make. 8-)

I will try to think up some good ones. Thanks. :D
~Albert Campion

TheDewd
  • Members
  • 842 posts

A generous, and potentially dangerous, offer to make. 8-)

Now I'm scared. :shock:

nachete
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Sep 05 2012 03:26 PM
I´ve been reading reviews about this tablet and i´m very impressed. I always thougth that a 7" tablet is to small for web browsing and for reading magazines or pdf files, so i bought a 10" Tablet. Now, i think i made a big mistake. The 10" tablet is great if you can put it on a stand or holder, but if you try to read it for long times (2 hours or more) it feels so heavy in your hand and my arms get to tired to keep reading. So i´m considering to buy the Nexus 7, because of all the 7" tablets out there it really is the best.