Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Pre-1.0.20 Changes

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Changed the installer at http://www.autohotkey.com/download/

GUI: Fixed cosmetic appearance of buttons when they are clicked rapidly. [thanks Rajat]

GUI: Fixed picture controls that are used as background for other controls: They will no longer steal mouse clicks unless they have an associated g-label. In addition, they will always get drawn underneath other control types. [thanks Rajat]

GUI: Increased maximum number of windows from 5 to 10.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
The following change mentioned above has been removed because it causes unwanted side-effects in rare cases: "In addition, [pictures] will always get drawn underneath other control types."

Also:

GUI: Added "underline" option to the "Gui Font" command. [thanks Rajat]

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

Fixed the hotkey $Tab (TAB as an unmodified hook hotkey) so that it doesn't: 1) fire when Alt-Tab is pressed; 2) prevent Alt-Tab from working. [thanks antonyb]

For anyone using Post/SendMessage to automate AutoHotkey itself: The IDs of the standard menu items in the tray and main window have been changed: they now begin at 65300 vs. 32789. Please adjust your scripts accordingly.

Increased maximum length of menu names and menu items names from 100 to 260. In addition, menus should use slightly less memory now.

Improved the speed of the "Menu Add" command: Scripts whose menus collectively contain thousands of items should now be able to create new menu items at least 100 times faster.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

Fixed MsgBox so that the timeout parameter can be contained in a variable. [thanks jordi]

Version info (which can be seen in Explorer's file-properties dialog) is now omitted from compiled scripts. This change reflects the fact that scripts are owned by their authors and thus should have as little AutoHotkey association and branding as possible. An author can add custom version info by using a free utility such as ResHacker. [thanks Bobo & Titan]

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
off topic question:

Chris, does this forum model support section subscribing? ...many others like the au3 forum support that... for instance i'd like to subscribe to Announcements section, so that in case there's a new post there, i get an email. i couldn't find an option for that.

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
No option for that currently. I'll look into getting a mod for that sometime.

compuboy_r
  • Members
  • 68 posts
  • Last active: Oct 29 2005 03:17 PM
Chris see this

phpbbhacks.com

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
this looks good:
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/293

there must also be one that mails the contents of reply to tracked topics.

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Yes, but unfortunately that mod is substantially older than the forum's current version. Applying it might cause problems. The other issue is that I don't know any automatic way of applying it. I think all of the code needs to be merged in by hand, which is not something I really want to do because then every time I upgrade the forum version, I have to reapply the changes by hand.

Maybe there is some automatic way to do the merger that I'm unaware of. It's also possible that a future version of phpBB will have this feature built-in.

Anyway, thanks for pointing it out. I'll keep an eye out for updates and related mods.

Pallie
  • Members
  • 56 posts
  • Last active: Feb 23 2005 11:53 PM
You can subscribe to a thread and be emailed whenever it is posted to, so if you wanted to be emailed whenever this thread is posted to you just click on "Watch this topic for replies" at the bottom of this page. You can stop watching in a similar way.

The only problem is when Chris opens a new announcement thread, you would not hear about it, but maybe he could just add a post to the end of the previous thread saying that a new thread has been added. Or just have one (sticky) thread that is always posted to whenever an announcement is made.

Alternatively in PHPBB you can create usergroups. Perhaps if there was a group called "announcements" then anyone who wanted to be kept informed could join and whenever an announcement is made Chris could send a mass email to members of that group.

Mike

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Nice suggestions, thanks. I might consider them for the future because right now, I'm already having trouble keeping up with maintainance and support tasks.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
The installer has been updated with the following changes:

Added a method to retrieve a list of all controls in a window. Example: WinGet, OutputVar, ControlList, A

GUI: Added +/-Resize as an option to make a window resizable. Example: Gui, +owner +resize

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

Fixed commands "if var between/in/contains" so that the second item in the MatchList is not misinterpreted as a command if it happens to match one. [thanks Rajat]

Added configuration files for EmEditor and MED (contained in the Extras folder). [thanks Wolfgang Reszel (Tekl)]

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

Improved the Send command to support mouse button and mouse wheel [thanks Wolfgang Reszel (Tekl)]. If any of your scripts use "Send {LButton}" or similar (probably without effect), please adjust them accordingly.

GUI: Added xs, ys, and Section as options for "Gui Add". These options allow a window to be divided into sections, each of which can have its own rows and columns of controls. Note: when using a layout editor such as SmartGUI, these options are typically of no use. [thanks Jack Horsfield]