Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Windows Key Question

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic
Eedis
  • Members
  • 1775 posts
  • Last active: Aug 14 2015 06:33 PM
Why does it have to be the Windows key? Why can't you use the Alt key instead?
AutoHotkey state, the forum, Poly, and Drainx1. The short story.
I love my wife, my life, my atomic-match; for giving me the greatest gift a man could ask for, such a perfect and beautiful little girl.
9rjbjc.png

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
  • Last active: Apr 06 2016 04:00 AM
Right, I can see this is more complicated than I thought... I understand the sporadical triggering now but couldn't find a way around it. It seems to happen only with the mouse wheel, though.

Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer) | Class_LV_Rows - Copy, Cut, Paste and Drag ListViews | Class_Toolbar - Create and modify | Class_Rebar - Adjustable GUI controls

Join the New AutoHotkey Forum!

bluon
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Last active: Jul 20 2012 03:11 PM

Why does it have to be the Windows key? Why can't you use the Alt key instead?

It doesn't have to be the Windows key. I already created another shortcut for ctrl-shift-scroll to fall back to. The Windows key just seemed the most convenient when I first started this. I didn't anticipate that this would be a major hassle to get it to work, and I figured this might be a known issue with some way around it.

bluon
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Last active: Jul 20 2012 03:11 PM

Right, I can see this is more complicated than I thought... I understand the sporadical triggering now but couldn't find a way around it. It seems to happen only with the mouse wheel, though.

Yeah, thanks for the help though. It does seem like a bug, so maybe it can be fixed in a future release. In the meantime, I'll just use a different shortcut.

Eedis
  • Members
  • 1775 posts
  • Last active: Aug 14 2015 06:33 PM
Post it in the Issues and Bugs forum. Make sure you link it to this topic too.
AutoHotkey state, the forum, Poly, and Drainx1. The short story.
I love my wife, my life, my atomic-match; for giving me the greatest gift a man could ask for, such a perfect and beautiful little girl.
9rjbjc.png

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
It's been some time since this was posted but today I have accidently found the solution to this issue.
#WheelDown::
Send {Blind}{Volume_Down}
return

#WheelUp::
Send {Blind}{Volume_Up}
return

Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer) | Class_LV_Rows - Copy, Cut, Paste and Drag ListViews | Class_Toolbar - Create and modify | Class_Rebar - Adjustable GUI controls

Chris Wilkerson
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Mar 27 2013 09:04 PM

#WheelDown

SendInput {Volume_Down}

return

^^^ this method works

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts

#WheelDown

SendInput {Volume_Down}

return

^^^ this method works

I beg to differ. Try to hold the windows key and scroll the wheel up and down for some time and the Windows menu will be triggered eventually. Only with {blind} this is avoided because the script won't try to release the modifiers before sending the keys.

Rodolfo U. Batista