Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Problems with autohotkey.net ?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic
Eedis
  • Members
  • 1775 posts
  • Last active: Aug 14 2015 06:33 PM
To be honest, where is the server located? I may be going out on a limb here, but maybe poly's disappearance and the server crash corelate? *Dramatic music*

*EDIT* Actually, he has made a post today, so I don't see why he is choosing not to respond to this topic? <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.autohotkey.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=553038#p553038">viewtopic.php?p=553038#p553038</a><!-- l -->
AutoHotkey state, the forum, Poly, and Drainx1. The short story.
I love my wife, my life, my atomic-match; for giving me the greatest gift a man could ask for, such a perfect and beautiful little girl.
9rjbjc.png

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:
@Eedis: DUNDUNDUN

EDIT: my account is down now :(

AuthotkeyNetDown
  • Guests
  • Last active:

To be honest, where is the server located? I may be going out on a limb here, but maybe poly's disappearance and the server crash corelate? *Dramatic music*

*EDIT* Actually, he has made a post today, so I don't see why he is choosing not to respond to this topic? viewtopic.php?p=553038#p553038

Because he either is incompetent or just does not care.

I go with the just does not care.

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2015 01:09 AM

Did anyone send an email to polyethene?

I did.. Sent a link to this topic.

I also sent an email to polyethene with a link to this topic 12 hours ago.
Check out my scripts.  (MyIpChanger) (XPSnap) (SavePictureAs) All my scripts are tested on Windows 7, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.

Uberi
  • Moderators
  • 1119 posts
  • Last active: May 02 2015 06:05 PM
I'm sure polyethene would not purposefully take the server offline and delete a bunch of user files.

Let's try to solve the issue rather than blame people.

It seems like the entire website has been removed (pastebin, l.autohotkey.net, all user pages AFAIK). Considering the site is accessible at all, I would assume that the issue is resolvable.

rbrtryn
  • Members
  • 1177 posts
  • Last active: Sep 11 2013 08:04 PM

I'm sure polyethene would not purposefully take the server offline and delete a bunch of user files.
Let's try to solve the issue rather than blame people.

+1 Blaming and flaming never solved anything. We need to pull together as a community, not tear each other apart.

It seems like the entire website has been removed (pastebin, l.autohotkey.net, all user pages AFAIK).

I think this is actually a good sign, you would have to take things completely offline to restore a backup or fix a major hardware failure.

I think we just need to be patient. No need to rush to judgement.

My Scripts are written for the latest released version of AutoHotkey.

Need a secure, accessible place to backup your stuff? Use Dropbox!

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
  • Last active: Apr 06 2016 04:00 AM
I agree with Uberi and rbrtryn but I still find it wrong not having a word from polyethene after a whole day. We don't even know if our files still exist somewhere. He should've spoken about it by now.

Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer) | Class_LV_Rows - Copy, Cut, Paste and Drag ListViews | Class_Toolbar - Create and modify | Class_Rebar - Adjustable GUI controls

Join the New AutoHotkey Forum!

AuthotkeyNetDown
  • Guests
  • Last active:
No one is blaming anyone for anything other then not responding to forum members requests for an explaination on what is happening with autohotkey.net.

If poly is aware of this thread and is chosing not to reply then shame on him.

If poly is not aware of this thread then shame on him for not checking his email more then once every 24 hours. (Considering he supports this forum)

I need to know if autokeyhot.net is going to be down forever so I can make other plans for my ahk files. I did not lose any files but I rely (Depend on with full trust or confidence.) on autohotkey.net for forum members to download my scripts.

I appreciate poly providing autohotkey.net but a little communication would go a long way.

Uberi
  • Moderators
  • 1119 posts
If worst comes to worst, can anyone recommend a replacement for AHK.net that is community-owned and specific to AHK?

If not, I suppose I'll have to migrate everything to GitHub.

Wicked
  • Members
  • 504 posts
  • Last active: Nov 18 2018 02:17 AM
Hopefully Poly gets this sorted! I have some things I really hope not to lose. >.<

If anything, I'd just like to get access back for a day or so to change the update URL of one of my scripts... They're already hosted elsewhere, but the version everyone is using checks the AutoHotkey.net site for the update URLs and version numbers. :(.

3nL8f.png

Eedis
  • Members
  • 1775 posts
Wow.... Perfect timing for the server to go down. I just received my laptop back from Dell with a fresh install of windows. Now I can't install AHK_L and Scite. Could anyone email me the installers for the latest versions of each?
I love my wife, my life, my atomic-match; for giving me the greatest gift a man could ask for, such a perfect and beautiful little girl.
9rjbjc.png

Uberi
  • Moderators
  • 1119 posts
I'm glad I always keep a copy of everything around in case I'm away from the internet or something like this happens :)

Here's AHK_L v1.1.08.00 and SciTE4AutoHotkey v3 Stable. I also have the portable edition availalbe, but it's heavily customized and differs significantly from the default distribution.

<!-- m -->http://www.filedropp... ... otkeystuff<!-- m -->

Eedis
  • Members
  • 1775 posts
Uberi, you're a god send! I had backups of everything too.... Until my hard drive physically failed. :( My daughter watches too much Dinosaur Train and was banging on my laptop a lot. :p

*EDIT* Installed Scite4AutoHotkey...

New version detected! Current version. 3.0.0.0, New version 404 ERROR! I thought it was humorous. Was also curious at how it knew there was a new version?

*EDIT* Please view this topic. A formal request
9rjbjc.png

MasterFocus
  • Moderators
  • 4323 posts
  • Last active: Jan 28 2016 01:38 AM

Perfect timing for the server to go down.

So, it's down (AGAIN).
Maybe it's a misconfigured server routine?
The problem started about 24 hours ago.

all user pages AFAIK

Indeed.

Now (24/07), the whole autohotkey.net domain gives nginx's "404 Not Found".

Previously (23/07), fincs and gamax92 stated their files were intact, and ~deleyd (see engunneer's signature) was still up,
but at least Lexikos, Uberi, SKAN, MasterFocus, JSLover, engunneer, Eedis, sumon and dmg lost their files.
(getting that Google's custom 404 and 403 error pages)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio França -- git.io -- github.com -- ahk4.net -- sites.google.com -- ahkscript.org

Member of the AHK community since 08/Apr/2009. Moderator since mid-2012.

gamax92
  • Members
  • 411 posts
  • Last active: Aug 06 2013 05:00 AM
I'm just going to use dropbox from now on, I store exe's and various other things on that ahk.net server and it just keeps going down and up and down and up.
I also don't like the fact that the site seems to fail on uploading large files, and having to use FTP to upload it correctly.
And that the HTTP interface is completly buggy.