Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Problems with autohotkey.net ?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic
Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
  • Last active: Apr 06 2016 04:00 AM
I'm not actually questioning ahk.net reliability, I will keep using it and still think it's the best option to post file links here in the forum. But like many others I just want to know what happened and if this will be solved... I had backup of my files, but some users have lost theirs.

Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer) | Class_LV_Rows - Copy, Cut, Paste and Drag ListViews | Class_Toolbar - Create and modify | Class_Rebar - Adjustable GUI controls

Join the New AutoHotkey Forum!

IsNull
  • Moderators
  • 990 posts
  • Last active: May 15 2014 11:56 AM
Problems can arise for a couple of reasons. Starting from automatic updates (apt-get update upgrade in crontab is a common evil) over to hack attacks.
So do not blame people who work hard for this community.

The only problem here is, that there is lack of staff who is in charge. Autohotkey.net is a personal project of Poly, so there is actually no guarantee of service.

For Autohotkey.com, it is a bit different.

Whats about sumon? I thought he has administrative access to the whole site.

JSLover is another person who aggressively offered support to fix forum issues, adding syntax highlighting etc. I dont know why he does not have yet access to the forum, probably Poly has its good reasons to not trust him. I have no idea.

<!-- m -->http://www.guyrutenb... ... e-website/<!-- m -->

mrsheen
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: Mar 06 2014 05:14 PM
I wasn't having a pop btw :) but you're right, I'm terrible at backing up and keeping version copies and fortunately haven't suffered much this time. Only thing I can think of is the server has started running out of space and auto melting peoples files
The problem with humanity is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

LuckMan212
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2012 04:27 PM
Is L.autohotkey.net the only source to download AHK_L ?

rbrtryn
  • Members
  • 1177 posts
  • Last active: Sep 11 2013 08:04 PM

Is L.autohotkey.net the only source to download AHK_L ?

Looks like you can get it off the German site, see here.

My Scripts are written for the latest released version of AutoHotkey.

Need a secure, accessible place to backup your stuff? Use Dropbox!

Uberi
  • Moderators
  • 1119 posts
  • Last active: May 02 2015 06:05 PM
As of the moment the homepage is back up!

<!-- m -->https://ahknet.autohotkey.com/<!-- m -->

Not the user pages though. Looks like someone's looking into it now.

• Guests
  • Last active:
Amazing to see some people complain and make demands about something that is offered to them for free. Give the guy (P) a break. ahk.net works 99.99% of the time and something like this hasn't happened before in all these years (not that I can remember anyway), things happen, I'm sure there is a backup somewhere - any good hosting service has a backup plan. Give it a bit of time... (and don't start crying "but it is been a day already")

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
Or hackers maybe... who knows? I'm now starting to think that maybe poly could actually be away from any tech devices... Or too busy to post an official note about it. Let's give him some time. I don't think he would let his own projects abondoned or anything like that.

Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer) | Class_LV_Rows - Copy, Cut, Paste and Drag ListViews | Class_Toolbar - Create and modify | Class_Rebar - Adjustable GUI controls

gamax92
  • Members
  • 411 posts
  • Last active: Aug 06 2013 05:00 AM

I'm just going to use dropbox from now on

Ditto here, 2GB for free and a dead simple user interface.

AFAIK the only thing you could do with autohotkey.net that you can't do DropBox is host a website.

Not sure about that. I got this webpage up.

<!-- m -->https://dl.dropbox.c...oPics/index.htm<!-- m -->

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2015 01:09 AM
I am able to access <!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh...om/~polyethene/<!-- m -->
Check out my scripts.  (MyIpChanger) (XPSnap) (SavePictureAs) All my scripts are tested on Windows 7, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
Edited. Thread was moved by mod.

Rodolfo U. Batista

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

+1

But why does the scripts redirect to githib?
kWo4Lk1.png

AuthotkeyNetDown
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I'm just going to use dropbox from now on

Can we FTP upload to and URLDownloadToFile from dropbox the same as Autohotkey.net?

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2015 01:09 AM

+1

But why does the scripts redirect to githib?

Anchor shows -https://ahknet.autohotkey.com/~polyethene/repos/trunk/Anchor.ahk as the download location.

All of the ones I checked show a folder on autohotkey.net.
Check out my scripts.  (MyIpChanger) (XPSnap) (SavePictureAs) All my scripts are tested on Windows 7, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM
? so all of my files are gone as well. looks like Rambo is making un-announced changes again I honestly dont know why you are all amazed/dismayed by his behavior anymore. Its not gonna change and he is not going to change. he has made it clear numerous times that user feedback is accepted but ignored. Poly knows best. now be good little children and take your whippings standing up. Poly seems bound and determined here to make changes that are for the best. lets give him time to properly eliminate the rebels and disband the senate (queue up the Darth Vader effects). I honestly don't know why you all keep complaining.
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.