Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Custom AutoHotkey forum style

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic
Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
Since posting my user stylesheet for this forum, I've massively tweaked the topic listing (viewforum.php) and uploaded the style to userstyles.org. Go there for more detail:

userstyles.org - AutoHotkey Community Tweaks

Posted Image

Posted Image

MasterFocus
  • Moderators
  • 4323 posts
  • Last active: Jan 28 2016 01:38 AM
I won't be able to fully test it right now, but it looks pretty awesome! :D

EDIT: Removed Lexikos's CSS code.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio França -- git.io -- github.com -- ahk4.net -- sites.google.com -- ahkscript.org

Member of the AHK community since 08/Apr/2009. Moderator since mid-2012.

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
MasterFocus: I don't like that you've reposted my CSS in this thread, but I can live with it. However, please fix the double line breaks in your post.

Now I think I'll remove the css rule that auto-expands code boxes...

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
I "managed" to make it work with Chrome too:
[*:3javf61l]Install Chrome.
[*:3javf61l]Install Stylish.
[*:3javf61l]Click the install button at userstyles.org.Done and working. Where did you go wrong?

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

Nice.. Thanks :)
kWo4Lk1.png

MasterFocus
  • Moderators
  • 4323 posts

MasterFocus: I don't like that you've reposted my CSS in this thread, but I can live with it.

I'm sorry about that. I know you didn't edit my post, but I decided to do so.

Done and working. Where did you go wrong?

I didn't see the install button. Probably thanks to incognito mode... :oops:

Once again, sorry and thanks for this great user stylesheet. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio França -- git.io -- github.com -- ahk4.net -- sites.google.com -- ahkscript.org

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts
  • Last active: Dec 05 2016 10:14 PM
Trying it out now on Stylish, and it's very well done and ... stylish. At the moment the sharp edges and colors hurt my eyes a bit (especially in fullscreen mode), but I might get used to it.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
Works on Opera as well.

After some testing, I like the general style but I dislike that the new post indicators are mostly on the right of the screen. On a widescreen with FullHD resolution I tend to look at the titles on the left, and the arrows on the right are too far away for me. I would propose a lighter font for old topic names.

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

After some testing, I like the general style but I dislike that the new post indicators are mostly on the right of the screen.

There's also a blue bar to the left of the title. I didn't really want them on the right, but it's the only way that seemed to work with the layout. The main point was to make them easier to click (not like a tiny little icon).

I would propose a lighter font for old topic names.

I don't think it's possible with CSS alone. I initially tried to use the topic-contains-new-posts icon as a background colour for the entire row, but it was too difficult to get all the links to work correctly. (The idea was to click anywhere else in the row to go to the first unread post.)

At the moment the sharp edges and colors hurt my eyes a bit

The edges don't bother me, but feel free to tweak it (and post CSS somewhere). What's wrong with the colours (which colours)?

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
Update:
[*:9i7ygose]Moved the "unread posts" box to the left.
[*:9i7ygose]Reduced the font-weight of read topics.
Take a look and let me know what you think.

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts
  • Last active: Dec 05 2016 10:14 PM

At the moment the sharp edges and colors hurt my eyes a bit

The edges don't bother me, but feel free to tweak it (and post CSS somewhere). What's wrong with the colours (which colours)?

I might first add that I'm a bit light/contrast-sensitive at the moment, and that I only mentioned it since I think you're good at taking critique (which seems to be the case). Thanks for the offer of tweaking it, looking forward to see a new forum style evolve - I also believe we should/may get an official alternative once there's a really solid/popular one (maybe this one).

Anyway, [screenshot] (using Stylish & Chrome) of the mentioned difference in color/contrast. It's that blue field mostly, it's a very "strong" element due to size & saturation. White as in #ffffff is also something I like to avoid, especially in text. I also marked the outer border of the tbody, which is the only place where the lack of border is a concern. Usually I really like removing excessive borders, border-radiuses, etc - but in this case it's gray-to-gray and generally low contrast, so they do make a difference in "focus".

These are the only things I noticed initially. If you disagree, disconsider my opinion - I may very well be "off" and overly contrast-sensitive.

PS. The theme is very good quality, which I suppose is why I even mention those little details. :)

MasterFocus
  • Moderators
  • 4323 posts
Hey Lexikos, I've been tweaking the stylesheet, changing the colored bar colors and also the way unread topics are shown.
I've noticed that the "Poll:" text seems a bit out of place. You can check this current forum (Utilities) for an example.
I suppose the text should be moved to the right a little bit.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
Looks much better! I'm not quite sure about the new post arrow as it breaks the indentation of the threads the way it is now. Maybe indent the read threads by the same amount without the arrow?

haichen
  • Members
  • 200 posts
  • Last active: Oct 20 2013 01:14 PM
"last post" should have a timestamp.

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM
i've been using Stylish for a while with myfavolours style:
<!-- m -->http://userstyles.or... ... lor-scheme<!-- m -->

ill check this out lex