Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Winamp Info BIG display

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic
Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
I use the following script with my remote that i've configured with Winamp. I press a configured key to launch this script that shows the info about currently playing song in nice big letters on the screen for 2 seconds. I don't know if it'll have any other use.

The display shows:
Track name
File name
Track length (mins:seconds)
Position in playlist
(This script uses the postmessage function that Chris has already announced will be there in next release)

Guyz i've already asked Chris to make the unstable (being-worked-upon) release available at some place on his website, and he liked this suggestion. Go on, ask him to do it!! :wink:

setbatchlines, 10ms
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
SetWinDelay, 1
RegRead, wapath, REG_SZ, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software\Winamp,
ifequal, wapath,, setenv, wapath, c:\program files\winamp
Ifwinexist,- Winamp,,setenv, wawin,- Winamp
Ifwinexist,Winamp 2,,goto,nosong
Ifwinexist,Winamp 3,,goto,nosong
Ifwinexist,Winamp 5,,goto,nosong

;saves playlist & gets track number
PostMessage, 400,,78,%WAWin%
WinGetTitle, track, %WAWin%
StringGetPos, dotpos, track, .
stringleft, track,track,%dotpos%

;extract info
setenv, line, %track%
envmult, line,2
FileReadLine, title, %wapath%\winamp.m3u, %line%
StringGetPos, comma, title, `,
StringGetPos, colon, title, :
envadd, colon, 1
StringLeft, length, title, %comma%
StringTrimLeft, length, length, %colon%
setenv, mins, %length%
EnvDiv, mins, 60
setenv, buffer, %mins%
envmult, buffer, 60
setenv, secs, %length%
envsub, secs, %buffer%

envadd, comma, 1
StringTrimLeft, title, title, %comma%

envadd, line, 1
FileReadLine, path, %wapath%\winamp.m3u, %line%

;available info: mins, secs, title, path, track

;Infobox
filedelete, %temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,<html>,%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,<title>Song Notification</title>,%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,<HTA:APPLICATION ID="Wizard",%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,APPLICATIONNAME="Wizard",%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,VERSION="1.0",%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,BORDER="dialog",%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,SCROLL="no",%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,CAPTION="no",%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,MINIMIZEBUTTON="no",%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,MAXIMIZEBUTTON="no",%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,CONTEXTMENU="no",%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,SINGLEINSTANCE="yes",%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,WINDOWSTATE="normal">,%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,</head>,%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">,%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,<p align="center"><font color="#0066CC" face="Verdana" style="font-size: 36pt">,%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,%title%</font></p>,%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,<p align="center"> </p>,%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,<p align="center"><font color="#6666CC" face="Verdana" style="font-size: 18pt">,%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,%path% </font></p>,%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,<p align="center"><font color="#6666CC" face="Verdana" style="font-size: 18pt">,%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,Song Length %mins%:%secs% </font></p>,%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,Position in playlist %track% </font></p>,%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,</body>,%temp%\temp.hta
fileappend,</html>,%temp%\temp.hta

ifexist, %temp%\temp.hta,run, %comspec% /c start %temp%\temp.hta,,hide
winwait, Song Notification,,5
sleep, 2000
winclose, Song Notification
filedelete, %temp%\temp.hta
exit

nosong:
SplashTextOn , 200, 150,,`n`n NO SONG BEING PLAYED
sleep, 2000

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

Beastmaster
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Quikshot out of my brain.
I guess it's possible to display that info as a desktop wallpaper ?!

With W2K (I assume with others as well, aka Active Desktop) it would be possible to provide that info as a HTML file, as source of a desktop wallpaper. TBH I've no idea if a simple change in the registry would swap/update such wallpaper from scratch ... :(

Thx, for sharing your scripts.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
actually some time ago it occurred to me too that i should get it as wallpaper. i'd done everything except finding a way to make windows refresh to see the change.

but no .reg key can make windows update it. there should be some API or something that wallpaper changing softwares use to make it windows refresh wallpaper.

only if i knew it!

btw i'd tried something else too... i'd made the html code autorefreshing!! like every 5 seconds...but that made the desktop 'flash' at the time which i didn't like. :(

MIA

Beastmaster
  • Guests
  • Last active:
;Infobox 
filedelete, %temp%\temp.html
fileappend,<html> ...

Adding the html file to the desktop is easy. Start by right clicking on the desktop. In Windows 2000, select Active Desktop > New Desktop Item… Browse for the html file.

Your default location was %temp%\temp.html. Click OK to accept.

The page is added to your desktop. The page includes an automatic refresh statement in the meta tag of the html code. Here’s a listing of that page.

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="10"> 
<title>Song Notification</title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<p align="center"><font color="#0066CC" face="Verdana" style="font-size: 36pt">
%title%</font></p>
<p align="center"> </p>
<p align="center"><font color="#6666CC" face="Verdana" style="font-size: 18pt">
%path%</font></p>
Song Length %mins%:%secs% </font></p>
Position in playlist %track%</font></p>
</body>
</html>

Now you have a tool, along with Active Desktop, that provides you with timely information related to WinAmp usage. You don’t have to remember to update it, but you do have to remember to look at it :wink: .

---

TBH: I've "borrowed" most of it from [here] 8)

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
though as i said in my post, i've tried auto-refreshing code...i'll check this too.

btw beastmaster y don't u become a member? wud be easy for someone to PM u!

MIA

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
hey beastmaster, ever tried renaming a file on ur desktop when this html refreshes itself?! :wink:

MIA

Beastmaster
  • Guests
  • Last active:
:oops: .

You're right (which I've never doubted).
It seems no big thing to replace the link to the wallpaper in the registry ...

temp = C:\WINNT\Temp
title = The AHK's
path = C:\MyNapsters
mins = 33
secs = 28
track = 69

RegRead, OutputVar, HKEY_USERS, S-1-5-21-164305802-808287726-848847219-9720\Control Panel\Desktop, Wallpaper

MsgBox, Current Wallpaper: %OutputVar%

fileappend,<html>`n<head>`n<title>Song Notification</title>`n</head>`n<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">`n<p align="center"><font color="#0066CC" face="Verdana" style="font-size: 36pt">`n%title%</font></p>`n<p align="center"> </p>`n<p align="center"><font color="#6666CC" face="Verdana" style="font-size: 18pt">`n%path% </font></p>`n<p align="center"><font color="#6666CC" face="Verdana" style="font-size: 18pt">`nSong Length %mins%:%secs% </font></p>`n<p align="center"><font color="#6666CC" face="Verdana" style="font-size: 18pt">`nPosition in playlist %track% </font></p>`n</body>`n</html>, %temp%\temp.html

RegWrite, REG_SZ, HKEY_USERS, S-1-5-21-164305802-808287726-848847219-9720\Control Panel\Desktop, Wallpaper, %temp%\temp.html

EnvUpdate

I thought AHK's EnvUpdate would make things happen ... :(
There's no realtime swap. After done that change, you can check that the change (Display/Properties/Background) but it needs the final confirmation/apply to get it done. :evil:

I've checked for commandline wallpaper changers, and was partialy successfull. The worse thing, all of them only accept images (bmp, jpeg, png, ...). So I checked for a conversion tool which creates a BMP out of a TXT file. Was successfull. But doing it this way, seems less sophisticated as to live with a non-elegant popup.

What about a smart popup "window" synergy :?: . Have a look at this: GhostIt
or that: Desk Projection

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
GhostIt sounds interesting. I wonder if its internal working involves much more than just making a window transparent + always-on-top.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
i'd also tried all this u've done beastmaster (looks like we think on the same lines :))

what i finally got to was not doing anything at all... i just installed this plugin "Desktop Caption v1.5 by Gondarev Vladimir"... it puts the track name (just that, no other info) on an always on top, translucent box ...and the best part is mouse clicks pass through it.
the color, size, font etc is configurable. search for it at www.winamp.com/plugins

I wonder if its internal working involves much more than just making a window transparent + always-on-top.

i don't think that'd let the clicks pass through.

MIA

Beastmaster
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Well, I've already recommended this (and don't want to bother anyone, anymore) but ... 8) please have a closer look how to build a Klip (an very simple xml file) used by KlipFolio. You can replace it in realtime, auto refresh, it could be set transparent, scrolling, provides positioning by drag and drop wheresoever you like it, linked to the target etc. ...

So connecting it to winamp seems easy ... :wink:

I used it yesterday with an ebay auction klip, and 3.. 2.. 1.. I've won it :D

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
i've tried to work on ur klipfolio suggestion. apparently it only works with a http:// file link. file from local HD is not seen. i even tried file:// but that didn't work.

MIA

Beastmaster
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I've to appologize.

The guys @ serence gave that statement somewhere deeeep in one of their forums as well (wasn`t to obvious :oops: :oops: :oops: ), which I've seen 12 min ago :? . Their EE (aka Enterprise Edition provides this & a request time minimzed to secs. :roll: ) Someone seems to have made it with --> http://localhost/... :?: :!:

Any tiny webserver to recommend ?

Beastmaster
  • Guests
  • Last active:
MiniWebserver [Download] (283 kb) - Freeware

No installation. Click and run. CMD line parameters or INI file or GUI.
You can run it from scratch if no special config is needed/necessary based on your environment. If you need support/translation gimme a sign.

AIDeX - MiniWebserver

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
though using AHK + webserver + klipfolio just to get winamp's current track name when u urself r sitting in front of ur pc sounds a bit nutty to me... but if u get to achieve something nice then do share it... i'll check it out.

MIA

Beastmaster
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Have I ever mentioned that I'm not allowed to use WinAmp on my box (company policy) :lol:

My main interest is on tickering different status' of a bunch of process' (which file is processing, is that process alive, is that box alive, is my wife still loving me, ...).

And of course to display a WinAmp playlist entry/track#/mins:secs/title is a kind of process status :wink:, beside that I check the weather forecast, my ebay auctions, the Financial Times, with Klips. Cause KlipFolio, AHK (yes, indeed) are already up and running, to execute that single file cmd app: MiniWebServer.exe (553 Kb) IMHO that doesn't look like overkill.

Yep, hard to believe - I've accomplished it (huh, I'm definitely missing the chearleader emoticon from the A2 forum :cry: ).

a) "Installed" the above mentioned MiniWebserver (click, runs).
B) Created a klip (configuration file), created the klip.FOOD (text file)
c) pasted both to the MiniWebservers default webroot folder.
d) klicked the klip. Yeeha. A scrolling klip/ticker tickering everything which has been given him as *.FOOD (even WinAmp infos :wink: )

So let AHK create/replace the FOOD file and keep on tracking (whatever you like) ... :D