Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Rift Fishing Assistant

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic
Arael
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Last active: Feb 11 2013 05:51 AM
I would recommend caution with using fish scripts now, they're cracking down on users.
I recently received a warning notification, and had plat removed for violating the ToS using it.

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts
  • Last active: Jun 14 2015 09:02 PM

Agreed.. take caution with using ANY script, mod, bot, etc. if you abusing it, then ya might get caught. Just keep it in mind when using the script. I dont want to see any of ya guys get banned or anything for using any scripts.. but if you over use it, more then any human could ever use it, then well.. 

but on a side note, they have acually been cracking down for the past month or so.. it's been posted on the rift forums about other geting notices about a month ago or so, I think they are just geting a little more agressive. Normally they first target the BIG FISH (Pun intended) being the people that fish 24/7 and sell there plat, etc. Then they target the ones that abuse it alot, but not overly. If you only use it, while you are truly at the PCand truly gaming..well, they really can't catch you, as you are watching it. but if you use it while sleeping, etc.. yea, ya might be caught.

Did a solution provided fix your issue? please mark as "Answered" if so. thank you!

Ifonly
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Jan 10 2013 03:35 AM

would it be possible to add in a "timer" so say fish for only 3hours, or between 2 and 6 am ?

or automatically stop and exit game if GM messages you ? :/

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

1. the timer is allready added, it just doesn't exit out of the game. I can add that, just need to know "how" you would want you to have it exit?

2. I would need to know what it looks like when a GM contacts you.. in the log, does it say "GM" ? does it look different? if it's same as another user.. then there really isnt a way to detect that.

Did a solution provided fix your issue? please mark as "Answered" if so. thank you!

TheDrifter
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Jan 22 2013 12:19 AM
There are 2 ways I could add this feature. Option 1 and Option2. Keep in mind, Option1 is allready a doable with current script if I think.

Option 1 : Make a in-game macro, with multiple /use {item} .. commands. This would cause you to use the item at the top first, if that item doesn't exist, it would skip to the next one. So for example...

/use Lure1
/use Lure2
/use Lure3

Option 2 : Add a seperate section to setup multi-lures, up to 3 different ones. you would need to setup multiple hotkeys and specify how many of each to use, as I'm not looking at the log at all for the detection process, as there is a bug with some of the lures that it's not always writing to the rift log.

This option would require more setup process, I think Option 1 is better, but I could be wrong.

Thoughts???

Unfortunately, I think things are working different in game.

I made this macro:

use sunhorse lure

use enduring trophy lure

use rare brevanic fish lure

I set this macro on the 0-key

When I checked on the script 2 hours later, all the rare brevanic fish lures were gone, and I had an enduring trophy lure on my pole.

All the sunhorse lures were still in my bag.

Ifonly
  • Members
  • 4 posts
1. the timer is allready added, it just doesn't exit out of the game. I can add that, just need to know "how" you would want you to have it exit?

2. I would need to know what it looks like when a GM contacts you.. in the log, does it say "GM" ? does it look different? if it's same as another user.. then there really isnt a way to detect that.

1. /camp (tested and confirmed) takes you to character select screen. /exit /logoff /logout should also work according to http://rift.zam.com/...eneral_Commands

2. I believe there is a message that pops up "You have recieved a message from a GM", or maybe just scan text log for "GM_*" ? 

When i get home i'll put in a random ticket and take screenshots of what comes up.

Ifonly
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Unfortunately, I think things are working different in game.

I made this macro:

use sunhorse lure

use enduring trophy lure

use rare brevanic fish lure

I set this macro on the 0-key

When I checked on the script 2 hours later, all the rare brevanic fish lures were gone, and I had an enduring trophy lure on my pole.

All the sunhorse lures were still in my bag.

Put 1 of each in your bag, flip the order and see if it works than. It could be prioritizing the bottom one first and making its way upward. Although it doesn't do this for skills it does do it in a Targeting macro IE:

Tar Eye

Tar Arm

Tar Leg

will prioritize Leg > Arm > Eye.

Not sure why but thats how it is for Targeting macros,could be the same for use item.

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

IfONLY:::

you are correcty. the macro system in Rift uses a "Reverse" process method.

- It reads All Lines (but doesn't execute it)

- it parses from the bottom up each line to first remove invalid commands. This includes "no item" when /use command, and no skill when using the skill command, etc.

- it then takes what remains and removes any of the commands that would cause it to repeat the same action (example /use) ... and keeps only the last one. This is to  prevent macro from seting up an entire combat plan and doing 1 button for an entire battle. (aka : rift boting) . lol

Ifonly
  • Members
  • 4 posts

** Addressing the Bots **

While we were out for the holidays, there was a marked rise in both fishing and onslaught farming bots. We know that the vast majority of you are responsible, upstanding, and incredibly attractive Telaran citizens, but we do need to take a moment to remind everyone that automating play is a violation of the terms of service that will be acted upon.

As of today, we’ve already shut down a few thousand accounts over the recent rise in fishing botting, and we’ve begun removing gains from others in places of extreme bot use. A good number of these botters were brought in, as is often the case, on stolen credit cards and fraudulent Rift purchases. 

That said, some folks do innocently use keyboard-assistance software while they’re at their computer. We’ve gone out of our way to make sure that differently-abled gamers are able to use the assist software that they need. 

Unfortunately, for the next week or two, until the bot situation gets back under control, use of this software may intentionally be randomly unreliable, up to causing random disconnects. We ask that you please refrain from using keyboard automation software in the meanwhile. 

For those who have no choice but to use this software due to a physical disability, we would like to make sure you’re still able to play. Drop a ticket to our CS staff if this temporary change does prevent you from playing entirely and we’ll see what we can do to remedy the situation for you.

As for onslaught botting, that will be handled via a more creative content solution that is currently in development, in a coming hotfix. 

Once that solution is out in the wild, we’ll look into restoring standard functionality of assistance software. 

Thanks for your reports and your patience!

- The RIFT Development Team

Patch Notes 2.1 Hotfix #1

sigh shoulda made more use of it during the holidays sad.png

//Edit included full Quote from notes.

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

well, thanks for the update. I kind of LOL at all this ..main reason is because basicly they are saying "you can you assist software, as long as you are present at your PC at the time" .. hence what i have said in 2 post before.. which is that if you are doing anything outside the standard ability of a human, and you aren't at your system..then yea, you might get detected.. BUT the fact is is that they can't detect scripts unless they use memory access violations,etc.. which the script doesn't do.

So, that all being said.. i would recommend anyone that uses the script to use it cautiously for the time being, at least till they clear all all the "major bots". What this means is, don't run it for 12+hours while afk. Don't play all day, then fish all night while you sleep (24hours of strait gaming is possible, but not something that is normal, and will probably flag you. Please don't blame me if you acct gets banned.. if you do, it's not my fault.. it's not the scripts fault.. it's how you use it! 

****I can give you a gun, I can teach you the functions of a gun, but how you decide to use it.. is entirely on you!*****

Aussie
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jan 12 2013 09:28 PM

Hi There,

Just looking at this for the first time and have downloaded the latest beta 1.1.13 all looks good but not sure on starting it I did look at a mates and he had a start fishing Icon down the bottom but this one does not have that any help would be great :)

Cheers Graham

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Aussie::

mind sending a screenshot to me at [email protected]? I don't understand what you mean about you not having a "start fishing" button, unless it's cuting it off, because of Low screen res?

Ski843
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jan 12 2013 06:23 PM

Has this caused any problems with the recent "crackdown" on 3rd party software? I see they made the rep turn in daily now. Which sucks. Glad I cleared out my blue fish yesterday.

zykl0
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Last active: Oct 01 2015 04:59 PM

Id really like to see a remote chat i could watch at job.

Being able to see what happen in my chat log, and poping alert on my desktop at job while my toon at home receive a whisper (maybe an sms feature). and being able to reply or send /quit command would me so amazing ....

i'm pretty sure it's doable with auto-Hotkey. however i do not have the skills for this. but i'm trying to find the web if something similar exist.

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

for the time being, I'm holding off on future development. i want to see exactly what the Rift Devs do to try and break what we have created. If it breaks, I'll fix it. .but just not adding major additions for the time being. Keep the requests coming, if they are simple i might throw them in..but don't quote on me that.