Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Rift Fishing Assistant

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic
Worldshaker
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Last active: Jan 30 2013 06:28 PM

Got a 24 hour lock on the character that I bot on today.

Stewie45
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Jan 18 2013 07:44 PM
Got a 24 hour lock on the character that I bot on today.

They are logging the process list right now, if you run a macro program during a scan  you get disconnected from the server and flagged

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts
  • Last active: Jun 14 2015 09:02 PM

If what you are saying is true (about process logging) then there is an easy work around. simply use the EXE version, "NOT" the ahk version.. and rename the exe to something really random. (example : Rift Fishing Assistant.exe change to aafwer2141fr2.exe) .. this will change the process name that taskmanager and process monitors see the script/program as.

If Rift was smart, they would be doing "Memory Scanning" to locate the AHK within memory, and doing a CRC comparison to see if it's the same. "BUT" if I'm not mistaken that is against there own TOS and also that would only tell the Devs that you had ahk running.. not what ahk was being used for or linked to, so it could be anything. In there own TOS they state that you are not allowed to use boting, automation, etc within there game. They do not state that you can not use automation for other purposes while within the game. So them doing the MEM check really wouldn't help.

I think everyone is just speculating on how they are scanning currently. If you are worried, and think it's the process list.. as stated before, use the exe version and rename the exe file to something random, run it, and look at the taskmanager, you will see it has that same exe as the name, not anything related to ahk.

Did a solution provided fix your issue? please mark as "Answered" if so. thank you!

FlimFlam69
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Feb 08 2013 02:10 AM

I've been reading multiple reports on their forums that users are being banned simply for having AHK up and running.  Some users use it to disable Alt-Tabbing, some use it to automatically enter their password when the load up the launcher, and so forth.

I've also read reports of some users being banned by virtue of using macro keyboards...

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

yup yup.. I created 2 fake rift accts 2 days ago. Both of these accounts, I stayed in starter zone.

Acct 1 :

- On 1/11/2013 - logged in, loaded up an AHK script that simply moves the mouse around, and clicks at random locations. ran that for 4hours.

- On 1/12/2013 - I got an email that acct has been locked for 30days and all plat was removed. (this has to be automated process, as I didn't have any plan..lol)

Acct 2 :

- On 1/11/2013 - Compiled the same script from ACCT1, making it into an EXE file. renamed it to a random set of letters and numbers. logged into game, loaded the exe file. allowed it to run for the same 4hours on a different PC.

- On 1/12/2013 - I didn't get an email like i did with the Acct 1. I made 5 copies of the exe script, random named all 5 of them, and ran all 5 at one time.

- On 1/13/2013 - Still no email.

So it's possible they are currently scaning for process of Autohotkey but maybe it just skiped over my tests.

Did a solution provided fix your issue? please mark as "Answered" if so. thank you!

Worldshaker
  • Members
  • 13 posts

When you renamed...are u just renaming the name of the exe file?

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Worldshaker:

yep, that will change the name within the process list as well.

Stewie45
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Jan 18 2013 07:44 PM
yup yup.. I created 2 fake rift accts 2 days ago. Both of these accounts, I stayed in starter zone.

Acct 1 :

- On 1/11/2013 - logged in, loaded up an AHK script that simply moves the mouse around, and clicks at random locations. ran that for 4hours.

- On 1/12/2013 - I got an email that acct has been locked for 30days and all plat was removed. (this has to be automated process, as I didn't have any plan..lol)

Acct 2 :

- On 1/11/2013 - Compiled the same script from ACCT1, making it into an EXE file. renamed it to a random set of letters and numbers. logged into game, loaded the exe file. allowed it to run for the same 4hours on a different PC.

- On 1/12/2013 - I didn't get an email like i did with the Acct 1. I made 5 copies of the exe script, random named all 5 of them, and ran all 5 at one time.

- On 1/13/2013 - Still no email.

So it's possible they are currently scaning for process of Autohotkey but maybe it just skiped over my tests.

They have had this anti-cheat for a long time, you can read some about it here.

They just deactivated it a long time ago and a few days ago reactivated the scanning processes part.

Worldshaker
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Well, gonna bite the bullet and try this .exe version!

flemer
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Jan 26 2013 06:56 PM

I've been using nerfed's buttons running it with the compiled .exe every evening since they started scanning,with no issues, plus there's also a autohotkey script that hides .ahk scripts from the running processes list.

I've had this fishing script running in the background for hours using the hiding script, and also using a renamed compiled .exe, and actually fished for quite a while to test as well, and I've not had any issues.

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

flemer.. a little bit of overkill there? lol..

the exe's I compile and provide automaticly have a "rename ahk process to current exe" in place. so as long as you rename the exe, that should really be all that is needed, assuming they are only looknig at the process list. Now if they are looking at currently triggered DLLs, etc.. well..that's a different story, and no other scripts etc, will be able to fully hide triggered dlls .. but still good info, thanks for the feedback.

Worldshaker
  • Members
  • 13 posts

You compiled nerfedbuttons and it still works?

flemer
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Jan 26 2013 06:56 PM

Nerfedbuttons' been working fine for me compiled and renamed yes - I did tinker a bit after the inspect.ability.* was changed to inpect.ability.new.*, but otherwise it's the same script as available.

The only time it fails for me is in large open world boss fights where server ability lag is a huge problem anyway, the hotkey just does nothing and I wind up either tagging and slacking, or spamming a basic macro, or trying to heal with a 2-15 second ability lag ;)

If you can't get it to work, then try http://www.autohotke...-manager/page-3 post #34, to hide any autohotkey script from the running processes.

Both methods have worked for me, with no action from Trion using their current scanning methods.

Hopefully they won't go further, as Nerfed is a huge quality of life boost for me.

FlimFlam69
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Feb 08 2013 02:10 AM
Any chance you can add a timer to stop fishing after x amount of time?

Or, to go a bit further, add a start and stop time to control the length of time you fish.

TheDrifter
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Jan 22 2013 12:19 AM
They are logging the process list right now, if you run a macro program during a scan  you get disconnected from the server and flagged

Then they are breaking the law. This is very similar to what Sony did that got them into very big trouble. No company can send data from the host computer to their system.