Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Rift Fishing Assistant

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic
Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts
  • Last active: Jun 14 2015 09:02 PM

The version was the issue - I didn't realize my AHK was so out-of-date. My bad on that. Updated it and ran the beta again and the script ran without issue. Also, the problem present in 0.2.0 where your character stops fishing doesn't seem to be present in the beta version. It worked without any problems in a good 15 minute test run, though I'll give it a longer test later tonight.

glad to hear =)

Did a solution provided fix your issue? please mark as "Answered" if so. thank you!

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

ok, so here is what I'm thinking for next release.

• pause after each catch (ETA for completion : 48 hours)
    • selection dropdown to select LOW and HIGH values. Script would randomly pick a time between the high and low
    • reason for this is to avoid detection
  • fail catch every ___ casts  (ETA for completion : 48 hours)
    • selection dropdown to select LOW and HIGH values. Script would randomly pick a number between that range
    • some people may think this as being stupid, but as i have designed a few bot scripts before, it's best to add in random failures to avoid detection
  • Database of catches (ETA for completion : 2-3 weeks)
    • MS Access database that would record everytime you catch, miss, fail, etc.
    • selection option to monitor specific fish, ability to specify number that you wish to catch before stopping script.
    • table of all fish, treasures, etc caught using the script since the life of the script
  • Adding dropdown options to select if you want to cast with hotkey or with mouse (ETA for completion : 48hours)
    • This would give option to move fishing hotkey to a non-key assigned slot, and click it instead of taking up the 0 and - hotkeys

so, feedback or other ideas??

Did a solution provided fix your issue? please mark as "Answered" if so. thank you!

wangoztango
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Last active: Jan 10 2013 01:09 AM

how about if your game is not installed in the default location?

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

how about if your game is not installed in the default location?

that doesn't matter, as there are 2 locations for the rift non-combat logs currently. one being for steam and 1 being for store bought/downloaded. This path doesn't change based on your install path.

malatory
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Dec 13 2012 02:11 PM

Other ideas: ... Oh wait re-read you last post and it has what I was writing out.

ok, so here is what I'm thinking for next release.

• Database of catches (ETA for completion : 2-3 weeks)
    • MS Access database that would record everytime you catch, miss, fail, etc.
    • selection option to monitor specific fish, ability to specify number that you wish to catch before stopping script.
    • table of all fish, treasures, etc caught using the script since the life of the script

so, feedback or other ideas??

is MS access free ?? is there going to be a packed install of this or instructions for setting it up.

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Other ideas: ... Oh wait re-read you last post and it has what I was writing out.

is MS access free ?? is there going to be a packed install of this or instructions for setting it up.

for me to set this up, it would not be in installer. It would simply be 2 separate files, 1 being the ahk or exe, and one being a MDB file I create specifically for this script. there shouldn't be any installer, or any extra utilities needed for this to work how i'm thinking.

MS Access is not free, but with the method I'm proposing, it would use DLLs and OCXs allready within windows XP or higher to modify/edit/and read the database file. Access would not need to be install, simply the downloaded database I provide.

malatory
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Dec 13 2012 02:11 PM

for me to set this up, it would not be in installer. It would simply be 2 separate files, 1 being the ahk or exe, and one being a MDB file I create specifically for this script. there shouldn't be any installer, or any extra utilities needed for this to work how i'm thinking.

MS Access is not free, but with the method I'm proposing, it would use DLLs and OCXs allready within windows XP or higher to modify/edit/and read the database file. Access would not need to be install, simply the downloaded database I provide.

thats sounds good.

wangoztango
  • Members
  • 11 posts

well, i get an error that says "There was a problem with locating Rift, Please confirm that Rift is running before re-runing this program"

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

well, i get an error that says "There was a problem with locating Rift, Please confirm that Rift is running before re-runing this program"

version running?

did you have rift running at the time?

If you are using the AHK version, the following lines should be near the top.. are they exactly like this?

RiftWindowName = RIFT
RiftWindowClass = TWNClientFramework

do you know how to use Autospy to tell me the class and window name of rift being generated? (if they changed it, could cause it to fail at this point)

wangoztango
  • Members
  • 11 posts

i had an early version of your 0.0.2.1, dowmloaded the 0.0.2.1 beta and its working now.

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

version 1.0 posted. notes on main page.

figured i would make it 1.0, since it will probably be a few days before a new release, hopefully with a database, etc.. but no guarantees depends how much time i can work on it, around work.

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts
Beta 1.0.2 Notes (12/15/2012)
- Added option to set your own hotkeys, as not everyone liked the pre-defined ones
- Added timestamp to log file, per-request.

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

1.0.3 beta Notes
- added Table, with Database support (all fish and items caught will not be stored to a database. This database will capture and display recent catches.
- download the exe and the database, placing them both into the same folder.

Wind
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Dec 18 2012 03:52 PM

Hi, could you help with the Russian client, I tried to change the encoding in the script on the Russian words in the log file, but it does not work, after the first fish caught, he writes Waiting for Bite...

EnglishList = не работают|Рыба сорвалась.|Рыбалка прекращена|в ваших руках.

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Hi, could you help with the Russian client, I tried to change the encoding in the script on the Russian words in the log file, but it does not work, after the first fish caught, he writes Waiting for Bite...

EnglishList = не работают|Рыба сорвалась.|Рыбалка прекращена|в ваших руках.

Sent you a private message on what i would need to add that lang. i can't seem to select that lang, so can't get the info myself. please check message to see what i would need.