Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Rift Fishing Assistant

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic
vect0r
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Last active: Dec 28 2012 09:23 AM

Great job with this - I'm having an issue, however.

I'd say about 50% of the time it doesn't reapply the Kraken Hatchling Lure - with no rhyme or reason. I wish I could even give you a set example of how it does not work. The line is displayed in the chat log and everything - it just won't reapply it.

That said, I've noticed that sometimes it decays a lot quicker than it should - and it seems like that's when it doesn't reapply. The only thing I can think of to overcome this - since those Lure's are timed - you could add an option to force reapplication of lure every xx seconds or xx casts or something like that. 

Keep up the great work. Thanks much for your hard work on this, much appreciated. 

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts
  • Last active: Jun 14 2015 09:02 PM

Great job with this - I'm having an issue, however.

I'd say about 50% of the time it doesn't reapply the Kraken Hatchling Lure - with no rhyme or reason. I wish I could even give you a set example of how it does not work. The line is displayed in the chat log and everything - it just won't reapply it.

That said, I've noticed that sometimes it decays a lot quicker than it should - and it seems like that's when it doesn't reapply. The only thing I can think of to overcome this - since those Lure's are timed - you could add an option to force reapplication of lure every xx seconds or xx casts or something like that. 

Keep up the great work. Thanks much for your hard work on this, much appreciated. 

can you detail out what you mean by "50%" it fails?

are you able to see it acually fail?

Can you tell if the mouse cursor is moving to the pole to attempt to apply bait or not?

Do you have a log file you can provide, detailing out when it fails, so I can see what is happening?

Did a solution provided fix your issue? please mark as "Answered" if so. thank you!

vect0r
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Like I said - I have no idea what type of pattern it is. For some reason it just won't bait - it won't even attempt to bait. Other times it will work just fine for 30+ minutes and then randomly not try and bait. 

I do see it "fail" as in it doesn't try to bait. I just hit your new bait option and it baits it just fine. Any time I manually tell it to bait - it works. I'll enable logging and provide it to you. As I type this, actually, it failed on my other computer. Kraken Hatchling Lure has decayed from Brevanic Fishing Pole. Then it doesn't bait and keeps on fishing - I hit the LoadBait key and it baits it just fine on next cast.

I waited before I submitted this - and it rebaited fine after the next decay. Very random. 

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

ok, there are 2 types of failures.

1. failed to detect decay, causing it not to re-bait

2. noticed the re-bait, and attempting, but failing

it sounds like yours is failing to detect sometimes.

check your direct IM, I'm sending you a modified script, if you could test it, and let me know if still having the issue.

If you need an exe version, let me know, and I'll send you that as well.

Did a solution provided fix your issue? please mark as "Answered" if so. thank you!

vect0r
  • Members
  • 10 posts

I'll test that for you.

Also - the bot throws script errors when it fishes up something with an apostrophe in the name and stops working. Should be an easy enough fix for that one.

Thanks.

Edit: I meant apostrophe, not comma.

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

ok, so maybe I feel stupid..lol.. it's a limitation of writing statments to the database with the ( ' ) symbol in them. beta version 1.0.5 should correct it, also including changes I sent you to try and address the "re-bait" issue. let me know how it works.

thanks for reporting the issue. 

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

so any reports of failure to rebait using the 1.0.5 beta version anyone?

any other ideas of what you (the users) would like to see implemented?

Dungeoness
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Dec 27 2012 03:14 PM

Just tried the beta version, but all it's doing when I press the start fishing button is typing /log and hitting enter over and over again. I have my log location set in rift.cfg as being right in the game directory. Any idea why the program would be doing this, or not seeing my log?

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Just tried the beta version, but all it's doing when I press the start fishing button is typing /log and hitting enter over and over again. I have my log location set in rift.cfg as being right in the game directory. Any idea why the program would be doing this, or not seeing my log?

well, that would be why. by default it looks for the logfile in the default location..

C:\Users\{username}\Documents\RIFT\log.txt

is there a reason you are changing the log file location??

I'll look into changing this path to the one stored in the config file instead, but i would need someone with Steam installed version to confirm something for me ... 

"If you have Steam install, do you have a cfg file located in C:\Users\{userfolder}\AppData\Roaming\RIFT\rift.cfg"  ??

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

posted version 1.1, let me know if that fixes your issue with locating the log folder path.

vect0r
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Sorry - been busy. Going to test the lure for you tonight. Thanks!

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Sorry - been busy. Going to test the lure for you tonight. Thanks!

no problem at all. I think i got it all worked out, except someone else on a different forum posted that they had issues with a "90sec lure" not reaplying, due to it runing out during first cast? I'm not high enough lvl in fishing for this info..so I'm curious what 90sec lure is talking about, and if I add a "apply lure on first cast" option, would that help at all?

Dungeoness
  • Members
  • 5 posts

well, that would be why. by default it looks for the logfile in the default location..

C:\Users\{username}\Documents\RIFT\log.txt

is there a reason you are changing the log file location??

I'll look into changing this path to the one stored in the config file instead, but i would need someone with Steam installed version to confirm something for me ... 

"If you have Steam install, do you have a cfg file located in C:\Users\{userfolder}\AppData\Roaming\RIFT\rift.cfg"  ??

I simply wanted my logs and addons in their original locations. With the old AHK script it was easy to set where it was. Thanks for your fast response. I will try the new version now and let you know smile.png

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

I simply wanted my logs and addons in their original locations. With the old AHK script it was easy to set where it was. Thanks for your fast response. I will try the new version now and let you know smile.png

yea, changed it to look at the cfg file is Default is selected, so should fix your issue in version 1.1

Now, if you have the STEAM version, that's posably a different story.. I'm not sure where the CFG file is stored for the steam version, but if it's in the same location as the default version then it will also use default. I dont have steam version, so cant confirm.. if someone with steam version could let me know if default works, would be great.

Dungeoness
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Version 1.1 works great, thanks!