Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

LexAHK: syntax highlighting for Scintilla (SciTE, others?)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic
Boskoop
  • Members
  • 75 posts
  • Last active: Jan 11 2011 09:12 PM
Thank you very much, PhilHo for that lexer- that's great work. And thanks for the HowTo to n-l-i-d. This got me to trie it- before I just waited for Notepad++ to support AHK. Scite runs from USB-sticks and that was exactly what I needed.

By the way: The last post in the Notepad++ Forum by Notepad++ author DonHo , dated 2006-11-19 was

didn't see your lexer in Scintilla (even in v17.1).
Please send your source code to me if you want AutoHotKey to be supported in Notepad++.

Don

Anything new about that?

Boskoop

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
No, I am not satisfied with the current state of the lexer - decent, but very perfectible - and I started a quite different version. The project is currently sleeping (under a stack of other projects...), but requests like that reduce the delay before awakening... Thanks.

BTW, n-l-i-d, many thanks for this great tutorial!
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

automaticman
  • Members
  • 658 posts
  • Last active: Nov 20 2012 06:10 PM
Another interesting question to ask would be also: Why is AutoIt already supported by Notepad++ but AutoHotkey not?

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
Boskoop provided the right answer/citation: my lexer isn't yet an official one (integrated to Scintilla).
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

Veovis
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • Last active: Mar 17 2009 12:24 AM
Thanks for your excellent work PhiLho.

I use Programmers Notepad 2 which uses the Scite lexer but i have been unsuccessful in trying to make a working ahk syntax highlighting for ahk. When i came upon this post i thought this would solve it but, i still have been unsuccessful in getting it to work. Anyone have an ideas?
Posted Image
"Power can be given overnight, but responsibility must be taught. Long years go into its making."

hughman
  • Members
  • 192 posts
  • Last active: Feb 14 2016 06:59 AM
When I choose it on WinXPPro (Chinese language), It works fine. However, on Win2k, when I use your lexer and properties and then input Chinese characters , SciTE crashes.
The same case also occurs for the defaut ahk properties file ,which assigns the lexer to asm) , and scilex.dll regardless of xp and 2k. But everything is normal for the au3.
Btw, I use autoit4scite 1.72