Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Collapse Code!!!! ARG :P

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic
joedf
  • Administrators
  • 986 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: Jul 18 2017 06:01 PM

http://www.autohotke...mailurlprogram/

that is an example of how ridiculous it can get.... (without code collapsing..)

Is it a feature that will be brought back in the near future??

Why ahkscript.org? - autohotkey.com is outdated

Coco
  • Members
  • 697 posts
  • Last active: Oct 31 2015 07:26 PM

Spoiler

joedf
  • Administrators
  • 986 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation

lol biggrin.png

i know, but what about the older posts.. :'(

ruespe
  • Members
  • 567 posts
  • Last active: Dec 01 2014 07:59 PM

Who should do this? Polyethen? It seems, he is no longer interested in our forum. And I'm afraid, he didn't give anybody else the permission to do anything at the forum-software. Maybe he thinks, buing a SW and paying for it is enough. But: nobody asked him to do that.

It would be okay, If he also would be online here and solve all the problems we have now, which we didn't have in the past. And to test all changes bevor activating them. And to ask the useres instead of doing things by himself, nobody wants and nobody needs.

I really don't know, what's going on with him. He had such a high reputation here in the past. But what's now left? He does everything to ruin it.

Poly, where are you?

joedf
  • Administrators
  • 986 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation

+1

derRaphael
  • Members
  • 872 posts
  • Last active: Mar 19 2013 04:42 PM

I made a lil sample site which re-adds this functionality back to the forum, additionally it adds copy to clipboard, and direct download of a code-box. it may be reviewed under

http://itholic.org/tests/ahk/test.html

Available Functions:

Collapse/Expand

CopyToClipboard

Download

Allthough it has been tested and should work out of the box, some users of older IE versions might expirience problems, since my downloaded version of a forum site doesnt have all neccessary dependencies and thus it may result in errors which MSIE doesnt handle nicely.

Additionally some users (seen on Opera 9.8) might expirience a security warning which happens because the downloader triiggers a hidden form in an iframe for a nice integrated ajax download.

At present the Copy to Clipboard doesnt produce neither a highlight of the text nor a change of the cursor, which i haven't been able to track down yet.

Greets,

dR

All scripts, unless otherwise noted, are hereby released under CC-BY

IsNull
  • Moderators
  • 990 posts
  • Last active: May 15 2014 11:56 AM

Integrate it. Now :)

Btw, nice to see you back dR with that much typing everywhere!

joedf
  • Administrators
  • 986 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation

+! :)

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM
jballi mentioned that derRaphael's solution utlitizes a huge amount of CPU

i also noticed that the collapse/expance was quite slow

derRaphael
  • Members
  • 872 posts
  • Last active: Mar 19 2013 04:42 PM

My attempt utilizes jQuery, and ZeroClipboard - whereas the forum's html is mainly utilizes CKEDIT, LightBox and ProtoType. Additionally - as for coding - the internal structure of the documents may undergo a optimization - implementing some (all) nice techniques from h5bp.com

The CPU usage is a direct result of how the animation was done. Since this is a javascript animation, it requires the browser's JavaScript engine to be "fast", too. Technically spoken each animation should take place in 500ms regardless of how big or small a codeblock is. By means, when having some old outperformed security risc MSIE < v9 you wil expirience that MS's advenrtisement and the reality regarding speed are simply two things. The only mostly acceptable MSIE javascript engine comes with 10, while v9 has had some improvements but it's speed is still low. All javascript interpretes under MSIE9 are mostly unusable. I've tested this page with Chromium v23 (community version of Google's Chrome) at a netbook and the same browser at a desktop. In both cases, neither the cpu load raised significantly nor any lagging could be observed. I even tested it yet in a mobile browser with my android - it simply works as expected.

A simple, yet drastic method may be to simply switch off the animation or have it obey to some user settings individually. The 1st simply removes eyecandy, while second requires lot more coding

When we can build up a list with which browsers lagging (high load) occures i can simply have 'em excluded. - This requires only little coding, but a huge testing scenario where many users (>= 50) report their expiriences.

dR

All scripts, unless otherwise noted, are hereby released under CC-BY

faqbot
  • Members
  • 997 posts
  • Last active:
I said it elsewhere before: this forum doesn't need eye candy - it needs fixing - so I suggest to ditch the animation to accommodate the widest possible audience with the minimal amount of coding to prevent future problems.

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM
yeah i think the animation is unneeded and just a quick open/close would be enough

HotKeyIt
  • Moderators
  • 7439 posts
  • Last active: Jun 22 2016 09:14 PM

A simple, yet drastic method may be to simply switch off the animation.

+1