Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Mouse Movement as scroll with key modifier

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
jkdalton
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Jul 19 2015 06:18 PM

I have been searching for a solution to this since my laptop doesn't support scrolling on the touchpad. I would like to use a keyboard modifier to turn my mouse movement into a scroll i.e. Alt-mousedown=scroll down (without moving the mouse arrow). I could potentially send a wheeldown, but it's really choppy and not smooth scrolling. Does anyone know how to use this keyboard modifier to turn my mouse movement into scrolling? This would be great for horizontal scrolling as well, based on the x or y movement. Help?

Seidenweber
  • Moderators
  • 638 posts
  • Last active: Sep 06 2015 01:51 PM

At first you should google for site:autohotkey.com 0x114 to get tons of posts about that.

Maybe there is a ready to use solution, that fits your needs.

All questions & answers are related to AHK 1.1.19.03 x64 Unicode

jkdalton
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Jul 19 2015 06:18 PM

I've read through a lot of those posts. I'm not as concerned with adding the horizontal scrolling as I am wondering if a mouse input can put out a scroll action instead of a cursor action and how well, etc. Is it simple, or complicated?

Seidenweber
  • Moderators
  • 638 posts
  • Last active: Sep 06 2015 01:51 PM

ok. I think, I've got it now.

simple ... tracking the mouse movement (the pointer - not the mouse itself) and sending a message to a particular scroll bar - yes.

But what you want, is a nice, smooth, non choppy horizontal scrolling without any movement of the mouse pointer. I guess, there is no way to do that with AHK.

All questions & answers are related to AHK 1.1.19.03 x64 Unicode

strobo
  • Members
  • 359 posts
  • Last active: Mar 10 2015 08:13 PM

You might try this one:

http://www.autohotke.../?hl=mousewheel

Regards,
Babba