Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Windows Speech Recognition + AutoHotkey = Weirdness

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
emperortomato
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Mar 01 2013 04:46 PM

Anyone use Windows Speech Recognition and AutoHotkey on the same machine? I am running Win 8 w/ WSR & AutoHotkey_L version 1.1.09.03 (latest version I believe).

I have a number of hotkeys set up using the Windows key as a modifier (e.g., Win+A, Win+Z, Win+X). Using these keys in AHK results in WSR turning on & off erratically, and also stops the hotkey from working after the first press. WSR should only be responding to Ctrl+Win, but it picks up on these particular key combinations from AHK.

It doesn't matter what the function is mapped to. I actually set one up to test:

#z::Send #z

This works once, but thereafter just inserts "z"s into the focused application, and toggles WSR temporarily or permanently, depending upon how long the Windows key is held.

It's very strange. If I close WSR, my AHK hotkeys resume normal function. Anyone have a similar experience w/ WSR + AHK?

njciancio
  • Members
  • 141 posts
  • Last active: Sep 14 2014 06:31 PM

I would try screwing around with all the modifiers and #InstallKeyboardHook. With regards to the $ modifier:

On Windows NT4/2k/XP or later: The $ prefix forces the keyboard hook to be used to implement this hotkey, which as a side-effect prevents the Send command from triggering it. The $ prefix is equivalent to having specified #UseHook somewhere above the definition of this hotkey.

LiveRegExTester - an ahk RegEx testing tool with live result highlighting

emperortomato
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Mar 01 2013 04:46 PM

As far as alternative modifiers, switching to ^+ (ctrl+shift), for example, instead of # (win) resolves the issue. Not all # hotkeys are intercepted (e.g., #Space works normally). It's just a shame, since I should be able to use #.

I tried the keyboard hook, but the behavior was the same.

WSR is doing something weird. I actually narrowed it down (somewhat) to WSR Macros, which is a separate installation & runs alongside the main WSR app. Once WSR Macros is closed, the hotkeys at least resume working more normally; it still toggles WSR on-and-off randomly, though. I see nowhere to disable any hotkeys that WSR might've registered, but I really don't think it registers these particular HKs... I think it's just doing something very odd.

njciancio
  • Members
  • 141 posts
  • Last active: Sep 14 2014 06:31 PM

hmm :-/ ... glad you figured it out!

LiveRegExTester - an ahk RegEx testing tool with live result highlighting

drking
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Feb 13 2014 09:21 AM

Hi, I have the same problem (using Win 7). I have been using

LWin & RControl:: AltTab

as a nice and quick replacement for Alt Tab.

With WSR running this always switches the microphone on and off. WSR seems to listen to any combination of Win and Control, triggering on the release of the second key:

Win down, Control down, Control up

or

Control down, Win down, Win up

Where do I find WSR Macros and how do I disable/unistall them?

Any help would be appreciated.