Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Windows 8 Support

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
SE7EN
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Apr 03 2013 03:06 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have been using AutoHotKey for the past few years and I was wondering if there will be any support for Windows 8 soon? I have tried to use the SendInput command in a autohotkey script but it was unable to allocate properly. I am very interested in migrating AutoHotKey to Windows 8.

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:
The latest version of AutoHotkey works for me with no problems on Windows 8. However in order to interact with certain programs you may need to run AHK as admin and/or use a utility Lexikos wrote; this is also true of Windows Vista/7.

SE7EN
  • Members
  • 4 posts

The latest version of AutoHotkey works for me with no problems on Windows 8. However in order to interact with certain programs you may need to run AHK as and/admin or use a utility Lexikos wrote; this is also true of Windows Vista/7.

SendInput works as intended? Maybe I need to update to the latest version of AHK. Thank you for your input!

SE7EN
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Hello,

Sorry to bring up somewhat older posts but after updating to the latest AutoHotKey and enabling Administrator privileges I was unable to achieve any sort of solution.

Here are the functions I tried:

^!q::
Send This is a test string
return

^!w::
SendInput This is a test string
return

I've also tried to hook the keyboard using "#InstallKeybdHook" at the start of my test script but this does not seem to help.

I've yet to find a solution to this on Google, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

SE7EN
  • Members
  • 4 posts
✓  Best Answer
Well it seems I resolved this by using a solution at Microsoft here:

http://msdn.microsof...y/bb756929.aspx

Thank you fincs for the resources

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

You make it sound like you created and embedded the manifest and signed the executable yourself.  If that's the case, I wonder why you didn't use the script fincs linked to, which automates the whole process.