Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Extreme Clipper [Screenshots] Capture,Crop,Resize,Export

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic
A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts
  • Last active: Nov 14 2015 06:56 PM

version 3

I'm always in good need of Screenshots, whether it is for my blog, or Image based tools or for records...
I searched hard on the forums for a good screenshot tool that can selectively save image of selected area.
I found many with the ability to capture whole screen , but not any with selective capture..

So, I decided to create one. For myself, for the community.shy.png

FEATURES

This tool will help to capture selected areas on screen which you choose with a Gui interface Ease .

Also, the tool can resize captured image on the fly. (I thought this would be necessary as many sites allow pictures of selected dimensions)

The tool is based on Sean's Photo Capture Library. Thanks Sean..

I tried to contact him before using it in my script, but he hasnt been online since a year..sad.png . So,

USAGE

Tap PrintScreen once to capture the whole screen in the Captures Directory which is in turn in the Script's Directory.
Hold PrintScreen, hold Left Click to and then drag to select the area to capture. Release to Capture!!
By Default, Resizer will appear to resize your Capture.(See Screenshot below.)(grin.png )

SCREENS

R2aE6Hl.jpg

Dont Worry about the Red Area , it is your Selection Area and it will not be included in the Captured file.wink.png

Uztug1m.jpg

This is your resizer , will help you to resize images.As stated above it can be disabled according to your need.This GUI comes right after you finish selecting your cliping area.tongue.png

DOWNLOAD Script

Important - AutoHotkey Unicode users having problem, try Autohotkey_L Latest  Ansi

Please Dont mind a double-level Download link! Pleaseshy.png

Edited by A v i, 08 May 2013 - 02:24 PM.

Now a CS Undergrad. | My WebsiteAutohotkey Scripts | Softwares

Telegram me : @aviaryan

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2015 01:09 AM

I have to press my FN key for my PrintScreen key to work, otherwise it is the END key.

As soon as I press and hold the FN key and press and hold the PrintScreen key your gui opens. I have no time to select an area.

Also, it is impossible for me to press and hold the FN key with one hand and press and hold the PrintScreen key with my other hand and then click and drag. I need a 3rd hand to do this.

How do I get the the click and drag to select an area?

Check out my scripts.  (MyIpChanger) (XPSnap) (SavePictureAs) All my scripts are tested on Windows 7, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

@datalife

i had told in my blog, no shift or fn , just hold the printscreen key (the key on which PrtSc is written) . if you dont have a prtsc key, change the key in the script.

i m on my mobile now, cant write much.
sorry.

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: May 24 2014 11:21 AM

Hi AVI,

I ran both the "ahk" file as well as the "exe" and no screen captures were saved to the "captures" folder.  I tried with a full screen capture and a partial capture and also tried with and without resize, but noting was saved to the folder.  The folder does display after clipping, but but nothing is in it.  Just for info, I had to compile the exe version myself since Norton's erased the downloaded "exe" version- stating it had an issue/virus, WS.Reputation.1 - see below - most probably a false positive).  Windows 7 x64.

Thanks,

Ken

WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Hi AVI,

I ran both the "ahk" file as well as the "exe" and no screen captures were saved to the "captures" folder. I tried with a full screen capture and a partial capture and also tried with and without resize, but noting was saved to the folder. The folder does display after clipping, but but nothing is in it. Just for info, I had to compile the exe version myself since Norton's erased the downloaded "exe" version- stating it had an issue/virus, WS.Reputation.1 - see below - most probably a false positive). Windows 7 x64.
Thanks,
Ken

There could be many reasons,
May be Gdiplus.dll on which my script function works isnt correctly registered. Just a Guess!
Try re-downloading the dll from here and then register the dll as follows --

Place gdiplus.dll C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP, Vista, 7)
OR Place gdiplus.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (Windows 64-bit)

For security, place the dll in both the above folders (if they exist   <not sure- I'm 32 bit>).

After Placing in SysWOW64 and System32 folder , open cmd as an administrator (Run as administrator.) and type regsvr32 gdiplus.dll

Another Reason could be may be AutoHotkey.exe isnt allowed to write on disk. (although i dont think any chance of this)

Try changing the permissions of AutoHotkey.exe and disabling UAC and running AutoHotkey.exe as an Administrator.

And ya the compiled script is only a false positive

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Hey again AVI, Thanks for your suggestions.  Still no luck though.  I already had "gdiplus.dll" in both the system32 and sysWOW64 folders and they were a newer (latest) version - 6.1.7601.17825.  The system wouldn't allow me to register or re-register the files no matter where they were or what version they were.  Funny though, I had "ScreenCapture.ahk"  in my AHK scripts folder already from this thread  http://www.autohotke...d-mouse-cursor/ along with a couple of examples which I know worked at one time.  This AHK uses the same gdiplus.dll. Now I can't get it to work either . I'm having absolutely no computer issues on anything else though.  Also, I am the administrator (sole operator) and I'm running autohotkey as administrator.

Thanks,

Ken

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts

I am using windows 7 64 bit, with Autohotkey version 1.1.09.03 ansi 32bit.

I have no problems saving the entire screen and using the gui to resize. Works perfectly.

I changed the hotkey to ctrl space and selecting an area of the screen works perfectly using the mouse.

thanks for a great script.

Check out my scripts.  (MyIpChanger) (XPSnap) (SavePictureAs) All my scripts are tested on Windows 7, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Funny though, I had "ScreenCapture.ahk"  in my AHK scripts folder already from this thread  http://www.autohotke...d-mouse-cursor/ along with a couple of examples which I know worked at one time.  This AHK uses the same gdiplus.dll. Now I can't get it to work either .

Well it's weird though, I eralier thought it was beacuse of your being in 64-bit, but see DataLife is using it comfortably.

No Ideas ! Speechless, 

Sorry!

I have no problems saving the entire screen and using the gui to resize. Works perfectly.

I changed the hotkey to ctrl space and selecting an area of the screen works perfectly using the mouse.

thanks for a great script.

Thanks you DataLife,

It feels so good, so satisfaction .tongue.png

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Yes, it is wierd!  I saw DataLife's post and yes, he's using Windows 7 x64 also, but I noticed he was using Autohotkey version 1.1.09.03 ansi 32bit. I am using AHK_Lversion 1.1.09.04 (latest), but the unicode 64 version  http://l.autohotkey....Hotkey_Lw64.zip   So I DL'ed the ansi 32 it version and low and behold it worked like a champ.  happy.png  Any chance you would know why there's some incompatibility issue with AHK_L x64 unicode version?  I'd rather continue using it.  Your reduction feature is very nice by the way.

Thanks,

Ken

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

So I DL'ed the ansi 32 it version and low and behold it worked like a champ.  happy.png  Any chance you would know why there's some incompatibility issue with AHK_L x64 unicode version?  I'd rather continue using it.  Your reduction feature is very nice by the way.

Thanks,

Ken

Let the Creators ponder on that 32/64 bit matter. I dont care, more importantly it works for you .

and thanks Ken, for the info.

I would mention the fact everywhere that 64-bit fails to interact with GdiPlus.dll . 

Thanks

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts

Yes, it is wierd!  I saw DataLife's post and yes, he's using Windows 7 x64 also, but I noticed he was using Autohotkey version 1.1.09.03 ansi 32bit. I am using AHK_Lversion 1.1.09.04 (latest), but the unicode 64 version  http://l.autohotkey....Hotkey_Lw64.zip   So I DL'ed the ansi 32 it version and low and behold it worked like a champ.  happy.png  Any chance you would know why there's some incompatibility issue with AHK_L x64 unicode version?  I'd rather continue using it.  Your reduction feature is very nice by the way.

Thanks,

Ken

32/64 bit is not the issue.  I think for this script to work with unicode the Dll calls will have to be altered.

You can post this question in "Ask for Help". There are alot of good ahk programmers out there that should be able to fix it easily.

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Thanks DataLife.  So, you feel it's the unicode that's the issue with gdiplus.dll.  It makes sense since the AHL_L x32 unicode version doesn't work with Extreme Clipper either.  Though it would be great to get it working with the x64, it's AVI code so it's up to AVI to determine if he'd like to get Extreme Clipper working with the unicode versions.  I'm sure as you say there are some great programmers out there who would give it a whirl.  Thanks.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Thanks Datalife and Ken,

I really dont know what's the matter with Unicode, I am not an expert programmer but i have added that interesting observation on the top and then will add it to the script for everyone to know.

As for me getting it working with Unicode versions, i am no expert in DllCalls and cant alter much of Sean's library and I'm eagerly waiting for a solution on

your Support Topic on Unicode and GdiPlus . Lets see if i can get a pointer from this.

CodeEater
  • Members
  • 83 posts
  • Last active: Jun 06 2013 03:42 PM

Good job!

However, Please add changeable hotkey to make it easy to use . I'm a laptop touchpad user and it's hard to capture a rect using your scipt.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Good job!

However, Please add changeable hotkey to make it easy to use . I'm a laptop touchpad user and it's hard to capture a rect using your scipt.

Are you using the script or the Exe ?