Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Clipjump : The Ultimate Clipboard Manager [Updated 09/11/15]

• Please log in to reply
883 replies to this topic
vahju
  • Members
  • 337 posts
  • Last active: Sep 21 2014 03:52 AM

Any chance of adding a option to edit the clips when using fixtate option.  Sometimes as part of my job I have to use a set of clips 1-5 but have to change a set of numbers in order to reuse again.  Instead of recopying the whole thing would like to edit a particular clip.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts
  • Last active: Nov 14 2015 06:56 PM

Hi Avi,

Thanks again for Clipjump.  One thing I noticed is that when copying a cell from Microsoft Excel it copies 2 or 3 or sometimes 4 times and thereby fills 2, 3 or 4 clips in a row.

Hey, Luke ,

After some experiments i got the cause of that problem.

Its because while you paste in Excel, Excel doesnt just get the data from clipboard but re-writes the data into clipboard after parsing.

This causes duplicate entries in Clipjump.

I am working hard on a workaround for this.

For the meantime, you can search Google for office clipboard - how to disable to disable clipboards though i dont think it will help much.

Version  of ClipJump will be updated if I manage a workaround.

Hi Avi,

Another nice feature of ClipStep that was nice is that Skrommel and Chris had an index (ClipIndex) that keeps track of where you are in the clips and where you stop or release the index stays there so that the next time you ^v it pastes where you last indexed to.  Very handy, this way when you find your clip you can paste it multiple times if needed without having to cycle back through each time.

Luke

Thank you for the idea, looking to add this in next release.

Now a CS Undergrad. | My WebsiteAutohotkey Scripts | Softwares

Telegram me : @aviaryan

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Any chance of adding a option to edit the clips when using fixtate option.  Sometimes as part of my job I have to use a set of clips 1-5 but have to change a set of numbers in order to reuse again.  Instead of recopying the whole thing would like to edit a particular clip.

Editing a particular clip can be difficult as they are not SIMPLE text files.

Though it is possible that you

-create a shortcut to open an edit window at particular clip.

-then disable the OnclipboardChange label via caller := false

-edit your item and save it back to .avc file

But this can be very tricky and sometimes inconsistent,so I recommend better NOT.

Recopying is better. As far as time consumption is concerned , I dont think re-copying takes more time than editing a clip which will also involve copying the change.

That's the best I could Do.

CloudSurfer777
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Last active: Sep 04 2013 01:55 AM

Hi Avi,

The multiple copy into the Clipboard only happens when I press Ctrl-c in Excel on the cell, it doesn't do it when the cell has been opened and the cursor is blinking in it and the text is highlighted prior to copying.

What gets me is that sometimes when I do a Ctrl-c on a cell it causes Excel to crash and go into recovery mode!  It did this with ClipStep as well, that's why I think it's related to the Excel (Office) clipboard.

This does not happen in any other program, only if I hold down Ctrl-c for too long does it happen in other programs.  Seems to me Ctrl-c should be what is called a one-shot (in PLC programming terms) where only one Ctrl-c is sent regardless if you hold the key down for a few moments too long, don't you agree?

Thanks for all of your hard work, I hope to see your code for this one day, I'm a C and C++ programmer from the ol' DOS days and did a lot of industrial PLC programming many years ago.

By the way I'm running Office 2007 on a Windows XP machine

--

Luke

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

The multiple copy into the Clipboard only happens when I press Ctrl-c in Excel on the cell, it doesn't do it when the cell has been opened and the cursor is blinking in it and the text is highlighted prior to copying.
What gets me is that sometimes when I do a Ctrl-c on a cell it causes Excel to crash and go into recovery mode!  It did this with ClipStep as well, that's why I think it's related to the Excel (Office) clipboard.

Ya, multiple Copies can happen when you hold Ctrl+C for a long time. What I suggest is a short - press of Ctrl+C, as fast as you can , dont wait for Transfered to Clipjump Tip, just Ctrl+C rapidly and let go.
I by default press Ctrl + C for a short time , so I had no duplicates . But, then I tried holding it for a longer duration, and yes there were multiple copies plus an error message from Excel.
So, Press it short and you will be fine.

Seems to me Ctrl-c should be what is called a one-shot (in PLC programming terms) where only one Ctrl-c is sent regardless if you hold the key down for a few moments too long, don't you agree?

Totally agree, I dont think any reason for multiple sends of Ctrl+C.

The Good News is that version 3.0 of Clipjump has managed to rule out duplicate entries in Excel and remove excess linefeeds when pasting from Excel to external place. I'm currently testing it and havent found anything wrong with it in Excel. Everything looks normal.

It will soon be here.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Version 3.0 Released :

Changes in version 3.0 ---

• Added Copy File Path Option
  • Added Copy Folder Path Option
  • Added option to automatically remove ending linefeeds.
  • Fixed a MS-Excel Super-Bug.
  • Now Clipjump rememembers your last Clipboard visit and reopens it when you hit Ctrl + V.

Excel Users, specially make sure they see Notes on Usage

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: May 24 2014 11:21 AM

Hi AVI,

Yes, I'm still around and paying attention.  Version 3 is great...thank you.  Copy file path and folder path doesn't work in XYplorer (which I use instead of Windows Explorer), but I didn't expect it to.  XYplorer has a built-in key combination to copy folder or file path using "control- p" so it doesn't matter.

Thanks again for a great product,

Ken

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Thanks ! shy.png , Ken.

It is possible to capture path of file/folder in applications other than explorer using Drag-N-Drop , but I guess most of third parties have already the inbuilt feature.

You may like to see QTTabBar - Dragging explorer into modern era

Enjoy!cool.png

Waiting for more Feedbacks.

CloudSurfer777
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Hi Avi,

Very nice, the issues I was having seem to have gone away, I appreciate the indexing functionality.

Thanks! happy.png

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Oh,

Thanks once again, Luke.grin.png

Excel really was a problem. Uh..

CloudSurfer777
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Yes, now it doesn't copy the same cell to multiple clips anymore and Excel doesn't crash and go into recovery mode anymore either.  I'm very interested in what you did to alleviate the problem, was it due to the MS Office ClipBoard?  

Thanks again, great app!

PS.

Let me know when you're in the Richmond VA area, I'll take you up for a free ride in an airplane, I teach people how to fly down here.

--

Luke

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Ya, you can say, it was due to Office Clipboards.

As you know Excel adds linefeeds and Carriages at the end of things copied from it.

So, Excel removes those linefeeds and CRs when anything in the world is pasted into it. In the process, it parses data on the clipboards and so writes and rewrites data to clipboard multiple times. This was the reason for Duplicates.happy.png

Also while copying or cutting , it doesnt transfer the data to clipboard instantly, but adds linefeeds and does other modifications . This was also responsible for making the user hold Ctrl + C for a longer time waiting for Transfered to Clipjump and this throwed multiple copies of the same clipboard as you said above (Ctrl + C is not one-shot).This may interrupt with Office Clipboards and so was the instability. wink.png

To get around the problem , I used Send, %clipboard% in place of Send, ^v especially for Excel.

Oops, sad.png . Where is Redmond VA, The States sad.png . I'm a foreigner.

Thanks,by the way. grin.png

CloudSurfer777
  • Members
  • 42 posts

It's unfortunate that Microsoft doesn't allow for users to completely turn off the Office ClipBoard, what a pain!

Thanks again, I've run Version 3.0 through all my tests and haven't had any problems at all, great job.

PS.

Richmond Virginia about a 2 hour drive South of Washington DC, where are you?  I'm Originally from The Netherlands.

--

Luke

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Richmond Virginia about a 2 hour drive South of Washington DC, where are you?  I'm Originally from The Netherlands.

I think you mis-understood the word "foriegner" there OR i messed up the Literature.
I am in India, and from India.

Thanks again, I've run Version 3.0 through all my tests and haven't had any problems at all, great job.

Thanks,

All your Tests ? That's Good.

CloudSurfer777
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Sorry, not tests but I use the ClipBoard extensively and when I first saw ClipStep I was thrilled...until all the issues reared their ugly heads.  What I should have said was that in all the ways I use Clipjump I have not had any issues at all.

--

Luke

PS. I love Indian food!  wink.png