Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Clipjump : The Ultimate Clipboard Manager [Updated 09/11/15]

• Please log in to reply
883 replies to this topic
A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts
  • Last active: Nov 14 2015 06:56 PM

Sorry, not tests but I use the ClipBoard extensively and when I first saw ClipStep I was thrilled...until all the issues reared their ugly heads.  What I should have said was that in all the ways I use Clipjump I have not had any issues at all.

Oh Ya, you arent but you could have,

the Excel problem's solution is hard-coded to only MS Excel.

The next version fixes that. and duplicate entries when holding too...(tongue.png )

Wait for tomorrow.wink.png

I love Indian food!

happy.png shy.png

Now a CS Undergrad. | My WebsiteAutohotkey Scripts | Softwares

Telegram me : @aviaryan

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: May 24 2014 11:21 AM

Hi AVI, Clipjump is working great.  You should think about incorporating a nice icon (e.g., a paperclip or similar) in your next tweak of "clipjump.exe" to give it some visual polish and distinguish it from the normal AHK icon in the Windows tray.  wink.png

Morpheus
  • Members
  • 475 posts
  • Last active: Oct 21 2014 11:08 AM

Hi Avi. I have been using CLCL for as my clip board management tool. I have to say that your program is much better and I will be using it from now on.

One small item - I use Firefox as my browser, and have removed IE from my computer. Consequently If I try to view the online help file, I get an Error:

Line#
--->    507: Run,iexplore.exe "http://avi-win-tips....line-guide.html"

As a feature request, would be possible to incorporate the screen capture capabilities of Extreme Clipper into Clip Jump?

Thanks again for a great program!

Any code that I post will be for AHK Basic.
I'm not always right, but I still try to help.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Hi AVI, Clipjump is working great.  You should think about incorporating a nice icon (e.g., a paperclip or similar) in your next tweak of "clipjump.exe" to give it some visual polish and distinguish it from the normal AHK icon in the Windows tray.  wink.png

I am no good in creating Icons, but I am looking for an icon which i can modify for the purpose.
If you have got one, please send me.

Hi Avi. I have been using CLCL for as my clip board management tool. I have to say that your program is much better and I will be using it from now on.
One small item - I use Firefox as my browser, and have removed IE from my computer. Consequently If I try to view the online help file, I get an Error:

Oh ya, it would !
See if I used run, www.x.com it failed in my system due to some wrong settings or similar.. So, i decided to play it safe with run,iexplore.exe "web". and as every windows has IE, i thought there is no wrong in this.
But, Okay i will correct that in the next version.

As a feature request, would be possible to incorporate the screen capture capabilities of Extreme Clipper into Clip Jump?

Good Idea!

But, I think if i do this, it would only be in a Branch of Clipjump and not Master Clipjump.

The reason i want to preserve Clipjump as a Clipboard manager, nothing more.

And , Thanks Guys !shy.png 

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Version Updated to 4.0

Changes

• Eliminated Duplicate Entries Bug Chances
  • Enhanced Error and Bug Handling while pasting
  • Added Help Files and custom icon

ADDED:

YFZMHIQ.jpg

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Hey AVI, I'm not sure what's happening with version 4, but it's taking two presses of "control-c" to get highlighted text into the clipboard and get the message "Transferred to ClipJump".  I tried it in text editors and in Internet Explorer. It appears to be very inconsistent, in that sometimes it may transfer to clipjump on the first "control-c" and the next clip it may take three attempts to get it to copy into clipjump...at least to get the message.  I just highlighted a word in this post and it transferred to clipjump on the first "control-c" and then highlighted another word an it took 2 "control-c" presses to get it into clipjump.  Hmmm...

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Zzzzz.sad.png

Sorry, ya there was a problem.

I dont know why I did'nt noticed it in the 24 hours i tested it.confused.png  How I didnt ??

And now after fixing and releasing it, I found two more bugs , one after another. Oh, I am tired.

But, now its Fixed . Sorry For Inconvenience 

What I have learned is I will now release a BETA First. It's so troubleangry.png 

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Hi AVI, No inconvenience, I'm just glad I can help.  I downloaded your latest and seems to be working fine again.

Thanks,

Ken

Morpheus
  • Members
  • 475 posts
  • Last active: Oct 21 2014 11:08 AM

Running the latest version, I get this Error:

---------------------------
ClipJump.exe
Error:  Can't load icon.

Specifically: iconx.ico

Line#
--->    089: Menu,Tray,Icon,iconx.ico

The current thread will exit.
OK   

Any code that I post will be for AHK Basic.
I'm not always right, but I still try to help.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts
sorry,
looks the error is a result of neglegence plus bad luck.
please download the script version.
i will correct that.
i'm on my mobile right now

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Version 4.3 Released !

• Fixed Bugs that were mainly due to negligence(and bad luck too) in version 4.0
  • A Minor Selective Windows Clipboard Bug fixed
  • Sorry, guys who downloaded the faulty version 4.0

Guys, if you find bugs please inform. Please !happy.png

Even version 4.3 is not bug-free, some applications (like HTMLPad ) still manage to send duplicate data to Clipjump. 

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Version 4.5 Released

Sorry for the quick release, but I got a way out of the last bugs Cj was facing .. The HtmlPad and Internet Explorer Bug talked above.happy.png

Also another Bug was found .

CHANGES

• Bugs with certain applications such as HtmlPad,Internet Explorer Fixed and the algorithm has been globalised to include other apps which have the same tendency.
  • Now, Clipjump should not store duplicate clipboard entries when the user sends them one after another.
  • Lower Overall Memory Consumption

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Just Released version 4.5.5 with as expected Minor Changes ,

including --

• Fixing a User Annonying Bug that would have took place if user had copied some text , then some non-text such as Printscreens and then the same text.
  • Changed the Version Info and Product Info that appears when you click Properties -> Details in Right -Click menu of Clipjump.exe

SIDE NOTE

Please if anybody finds any bugs, please Report. Please !

Cheers grin.png

chaz
  • Members
  • 192 posts
  • Last active: Oct 01 2015 02:42 AM

Ingenious! I love your use of ToolTips to convey information. ToolTips are very flexible; I use them a lot for indicators (CapsLock, etc).

I took the liberty of correcting the Help files for ClipJump because it's clear that either your first language is not english or you suck at writing (no offense, really). I reworded most of it, corrected grammatical and punctuation errors, and added and took away a bit. If you choose to use them, you can download them from my Public SkyDrive folder here:

https://skydrive.liv...208963A2123!105

I also have a suggestion for the basic functionality of ClipJump: the basis for all actions is releasing Ctrl, but this is rather unintuitive, considering how no other keyboard shortcuts function this way. I don't know how hard it would be to implement this because I haven't had time to look at the code, but you should consider having a long press of the appropriate key for actions.

So, to simply paste whatever is in the current clipboard, just press Ctrl+V once, but if V or X is pressed again while Ctrl is still held down, make it so releasing Ctrl cancels ClipJump (still use a single press of X for cancel as well). To select the current clipboard press C or V while Ctrl is held down, but to paste press and hold V for a second or so (add an option for the length of time required) and to delete press and hold X (depending on which mode it is in). The key should be held down until a ToolTip that says "Complete" or whatever appears. Releasing the key that was held down but still holding Ctrl would go back to show the current clip in paste mode.

I don't know if my idea makes sense or would work well, but it's just a thought.

You should also fix the spelling and wording in the ToolTips:

• the ToolTip that says "Transfered to ClipJump" is spelled incorrectly. It's "Transferred".
  • the ">>>...........More" part looks odd. Scrap the greater-than symbols and just use "[More...]" with the square brackets.
  • You use capital letters WAY too much: everything except the first letter of the first word and names should be lowercase (the words paste, cancel, confirm, delete, again, clips, etc. should not be capitalised).
  • Instead of "No Clip exists" use "ClipJump is empty"
  • Spell "Control" as "Ctrl" because that is shorter and indicates that it is a key. Ctrl is also the only way it is spelled anywhere else.
  • Instead of "Windows Clipboard has Clip #", use "Clip # copied to system clipboard".

Sorry if you thing I'm being ovely analytical and nit-picky over the details, but I think it is the details that count. I do really like ClipJump though.

Find me at the other forum as timeFlies.

Bon
  • Members
  • 52 posts
  • Last active: Jan 23 2018 10:55 AM

I have to say I disagree with chaz about "...but this is rather unintuitive, considering how no other keyboard shortcuts function this way."
Although it is unusual, it is very intuitive! 

The suggested long press, or double-press, would not be an improvement, imho.

I do agree with chaz that ClipJump is ingenious, though!