Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Clipjump : The Ultimate Clipboard Manager [Updated 09/11/15]

• Please log in to reply
883 replies to this topic
pomj
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Last active: Jan 29 2017 09:15 PM

Really like this script :-)

I have a problem when I try to run the script (not the exe). 

If I copy a picture, it will not show up as a preview and when I try to paste it I get an out of memory error. The exe works perfectly though

Morpheus
  • Members
  • 475 posts
  • Last active: Oct 21 2014 11:08 AM

I have to say I disagree with chaz about "...but this is rather unintuitive, considering how no other keyboard shortcuts function this way."
Although it is unusual, it is very intuitive! 

The suggested long press, or double-press, would not be an improvement, imho.

I do agree with chaz that ClipJump is ingenious, though!

+1

Any code that I post will be for AHK Basic.
I'm not always right, but I still try to help.

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: May 24 2014 11:21 AM

Hi AVI,

I'm not sure I agree with chaz's suggestions concerning the functionality of ClipJump.  It may take a little time to get accustomed to it, but I'm actually enjoying the fact that action is taken upon release of the ctrl key. I think the suggestions by chaz, though well thought out, may actually complicate use of ClipJump instead of simplifying it.  If you've been doing a number of clips, it's easy to forget just what was the last item sent to ClipJump so I'm not sure I'd like the automatic paste on hitting ctrl-v anymore. As it is now, a quick second and subsequent presses of "v" with ctrl held down very quickly cycle to the next clip (whereas presses or "c" with ctrl held down cycle to the previous clips) so long presses worked into the equation would be difficult to manage in practice.  It may also be difficult to implement since currently ClipJump very quickly cycles through all the clips in ClipJump when you keep "c" or "v" held down.

I have no issues with the suggestions chaz has made concerning the spelling and wording in the ToolTips.

Just to be clear though, you've done a great job with ClipJump!  Finally, a great clip and paste utility done in AHK!  I liked ClipStep, but it was suffering from too many issues.

Ken

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts
  • Last active: Nov 14 2015 06:56 PM

Really like this script :-)

I have a problem when I try to run the script (not the exe). 

If I copy a picture, it will not show up as a preview and when I try to paste it I get an out of memory error. The exe works perfectly though

Probably you are running the script with Ahk_L Unicode, switch to ANSI.

The Exe is compiled in ANSI.

Now a CS Undergrad. | My WebsiteAutohotkey Scripts | Softwares

Telegram me : @aviaryan

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

@chaz

I was very happy to see your reply, particularly because that it hadn't had any performance issues about Clipjump 4.5.5.  

Let's talk about your suggestions. ---

• I really like your help files, but I couldn't use them just like that. It seems you use WYSIWYG Editor for Html Programming, which has really bloated the code inside. Too much inline CSS . Though I would love to steal some text from that.
  • I am with Bon on how the Hotkeys should work Issue. Also Ken made a good point there, holding and releasing Ctrl to paste can be fun sometimes.                                                                                                                                                                                                            I mean it's so cool, holding Ctrl from left fore and V from right and then throwing them apart to see the Tooltip change following the actions you thought of.
  •  
  • Spelling M mistake there. Sorry,! Also writing in Caps has become a habit for me and I'm trying to get rid of it.
  • Your [More] suggestion is good. I will look forward to it.

Thanks Chaz, Ken, Bon, pomj, Morpheus ........  for replying . Feels a sort of relief when your work isn't going in vain,is not wasted. 

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

TOTALLY OFFTOPIC

How did Clipjump get into Brothersoft and then what is this. Amazed ! 

and why the hongkong .hk domain in the second link.

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: May 24 2014 11:21 AM

Don't know how that happened AVI.  Hopefully, no one is making money off of your work.  Someone actually took your website / blog and modified it. It certainly wasn't me.  I suppose there are people out there who do nothing but troll the internet looking for programs they can copy or take advantage of....kind of sad. I have heard the name Brothersoft before.  I didn't realize they took programs from people without their knowledge or permission.

CloudSurfer777
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Last active: Sep 04 2013 01:55 AM

Still no problems or any issues with your latest version and I would suggest to keep it as it is, I agree with Klownboy that the functionality and other aspects are fine.

--

Luke

chaz
  • Members
  • 192 posts
  • Last active: Oct 01 2015 02:42 AM

Actually, I have been having an issue with ClipJump now. Sometimes if I take a screenshot with the PrtScn button ClipJump will display the "Transferred to ClipJump" over and over, creating the maximum number of clipboards. The only way I can get it to stop is to exit the script.

Find me at the other forum as timeFlies.

CloudSurfer777
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Hey chaz, it doesn't do it for me UNLESS I hold the Ctrl-PrtScn or whatever key combo down for too long...should be a one-shot imho.

--

Luke

CloudSurfer777
  • Members
  • 42 posts

What I mean by a one shot is something like this:

$^c::                 ;When Ctrl-c is pressed ($ to block self triggering)
Send ^c            ;Send Ctrl-c only ONCE
KeyWait, c        ;Until the C button is released
Return

--
Luke

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Actually, I have been having an issue with ClipJump now. Sometimes if I take a screenshot with the PrtScn button ClipJump will display the "Transferred to ClipJump" over and over, creating the maximum number of clipboards. The only way I can get it to stop is to exit the script.

Dont hold it down for a long time. That causes multiple entries and Maximum clipboards.
As Luke said, be one - shot

Version 4.3 + has already fixed the problem of multiple entries due to holding keys down but that was limited to Ctrl+C and X.
As for other keys that can send data to clipboard, creating codes to stop their action can be difficult, but that can be the concrete point for the Next version.wink.png

Still no problems or any issues with your latest version and I would suggest to keep it as it is, I agree with Klownboy that the functionality and other aspects are fine.

Ya, Luke I will better be constant.cool.png

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Don't know how that happened AVI.  Hopefully, no one is making money off of your work.  Someone actually took your website / blog and modified it. It certainly wasn't me.  I suppose there are people out there who do nothing but troll the internet looking for programs they can copy or take advantage of....kind of sad. I have heard the name Brothersoft before.  I didn't realize they took programs from people without their knowledge or permission.

No, they havent modified my blog. (.hk ) means someone in Hong Kong has added it to BS or probably BS is operational from Hong Kong.

I don't have had any rejections if they have considered an Email. See the screenshots, stolen from my blog and they are so irrelevant.

The text too pirated and pretty irrelevant --

It has as one of its points (FIX Clipboards at certain positions via FIXATE Option.(See FIXATE - A Coders Delight) 

though they have not added the link to FIXATE - A Coders Delight .

What un-professionalism. 

And you can see Sponsored , just beside the Download Button. What does that mean ..

CloudSurfer777
  • Members
  • 42 posts

As far as BrotherSoft goes, I think it's lower than whale dung for someone to advertise someone else's hard work and not give the proper credit due or acknowledgements.  Just remember, people that do those things it returns to them 10 fold.  You reap what you sow, Karma

--

Luke

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Just added it on CNET and FreewareFiles.

Just for some exposure.cool.png

@Luke 

Thanks! This is really disgrace. #Karma