Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Clipjump : The Ultimate Clipboard Manager [Updated 09/11/15]

• Please log in to reply
883 replies to this topic
chaz
  • Members
  • 192 posts
  • Last active: Oct 01 2015 02:42 AM

Hey chaz, it doesn't do it for me UNLESS I hold the Ctrl-PrtScn or whatever key combo down for too long...should be a one-shot imho.

--

Luke

No, that's not what I meant. What I meant was I press PrtScn once (not held down at all), but it keeps "Transferring to ClipJump" even after I let go.

This issue didn't appear until I got my new 64-bit Windows 7 computer, if that makes any difference.

Find me at the other forum as timeFlies.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts
  • Last active: Nov 14 2015 06:56 PM

Was your older OS also 64-bit 7 . If yes, it could be some hardware problem that held that Printscreen key for some time.

Now a CS Undergrad. | My WebsiteAutohotkey Scripts | Softwares

Telegram me : @aviaryan

chaz
  • Members
  • 192 posts
  • Last active: Oct 01 2015 02:42 AM

Was your older OS also 64-bit 7 . If yes, it could be some hardware problem that held that Printscreen key for some time.

No, it was not, but I just remembered that I was running it in the Unicode version of AHK. Does this matter? I am using the exe version now and the problem disappeared

Find me at the other forum as timeFlies.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Ya, it does . 

Both Sean's Screen capture and tic's GDIP which are used in Clipjump dont work perfectly with Unicode .

So, I have written a use only with ANSI warning in the source code. May be you missed it. 

TheFonz
  • Members
  • 54 posts
  • Last active: Nov 29 2016 11:48 PM

I love this script, works really well and is very easy.

My only 2 issues are:

1. Disabling ClipJump from working inside Excel.

2. I have a button on my mouse which is bound to complete a google search query on highlighted text. I can only assume the text is copied and pasted to the end of a google search URL. With ClipJump the highlighted word is copied to ClipJump and quickly replaced with the letter c but not pasted into a Google Search Query. Any way to stop this from happening or create a workaround?? No idea how AHK would recognise the button.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

I love this script, works really well and is very easy.

Thanks

Disabling ClipJump from working inside Excel.

I have worked very hard on making Clipjump fully compatible with Excel . It should have no issues there . 

Can you tell why you want to disable it.

If you really want , you will have to create a timer and check for active window of Excel.

;In Auto-execute
settimer, exceldisable, 1500

;At the lowermost part of script
exceldisable:
ifwinactive, ahk_class XLMAIN
{
caller := false   ;stop the caller - see comments below
Hotkey,$^v,Paste,Off
Hotkey,$^c,NativeCopy,Off
Hotkey,$^x,NativeCut,Off
Hotkey,^!c,CopyFile,Off
Hotkey,^!x,CopyFolder,Off
}
else
{
caller := true  ;on the caller
;ON all the above hotkeys
}
return

The caller is a varible that stops Clipjump from transferring things from system clipboard to it. You can enable (true) / disable (false) it in reqd. situations.

No idea how AHK would recognise the button.

Does this mean , the button is not given that search functionality via an AHK Script and has its default . 

TheFonz
  • Members
  • 54 posts

I have worked very hard on making Clipjump fully compatible with Excel . It should have no issues there . 
Can you tell why you want to disable it.
If you really want , you will have to create a timer and check for active window of Excel.The caller is a varible that stops Clipjump from transferring things from system clipboard to it. You can enable (true) / disable (false) it in reqd. situations.

Does this mean , the button is not given that search functionality via an AHK Script and has its default .

I was using it, probably v3 and copying a number of rows and pasting and it would be all stuffed up. No big deal and is probably alright now. I haven't tried with 4.5* It's not critical as I rarely use excel.

The mouse button function is set by intelliPoint (logitech). I haven't looked for an AHK script, though one probably exists.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

I was using it, probably v3 and copying a number of rows and pasting and it would be all stuffed up. No big deal and is probably alright now. I haven't tried with 4.5* It's not critical as I rarely use excel.

I suggest update to 4.5.5
It cleanly fixes all the bugs that could exist and has more functionality than v 3.0

The mouse button function is set by intelliPoint (logitech). I haven't looked for an AHK script, though one probably exists.

If you can disable that functionality via Control Panel or anything, that would be better as an AHK script would easily do that . If you manage a script that searches Google , make sure you embed it in Clipjump's script rather than running it as another script. 

Why??

because a Google search script which can be found anywhere normally uses the system Clipboard . It transfers data to clipboard and that add extra clips to clipjump. 

When embeding use caller := false to stop capturing highlighted text to Cj. 

TheFonz
  • Members
  • 54 posts

I suggest update to 4.5.5
It cleanly fixes all the bugs that could exist and has more functionality than v 3.0

If you can disable that functionality via Control Panel or anything, that would be better as an AHK script would easily do that . If you manage a script that searches Google , make sure you embed it in Clipjump's script rather than running it as another script. 

Why??

because a Google search script which can be found anywhere normally uses the system Clipboard . It transfers data to clipboard and that add extra clips to clipjump. 

When embeding use caller := false to stop capturing highlighted text to Cj. 

I have since upgraded to 4.5.5 and everything seems to run more smoothly in excel.

I will have to work on the AHK for a google search, pretty sure I've seen one floating around, just need to work out how to incorporate it into CJ.

Thanks for the quick replies :)

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Thanks for the quick replies

I and you were online . That's it .

Edit  :

Google Search on highlighted text - http://www.autohotke...ghlighted-text/

TheFonz
  • Members
  • 54 posts

I and you were online . That's it .

Edit  :

Google Search on highlighted text - http://www.autohotke...ghlighted-text/

Excellent thanks for that.

I've changed the binding of my search button on the mouse, now I just need to know where to post the search in google code?

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

now I just need to know where to post the search in google code?

Here it is . --- 

Google Search in Clipjump . Visit here if the spoiler doesnt work

Spoiler

klownboy
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: May 24 2014 11:21 AM
Hi AVI,
May I ask what you are using to compress clipjump when or after compiling? I used mpress, which I have installed in the compiler folder and it is recognized in the compiler, but the resultant exe files are still substantially larger in size than your compiled clipjump.exe. I tried the compiling the version 4.5.5 ahk as well as the ahk with the above addition of goggle search. Both were quite a bit larger.
Thanks,
Ken

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

I use UPX with --best switch for max. compression

file = 
run, upx.exe "%file%" "--best"

klownboy