Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

autohotkey and photoshop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
naskaone
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Apr 18 2013 08:15 PM

Hi!

i want making this action.

if a new picture save in the folder

open this picture with photoshop

run photoshop script (the photoshop script save and close the picture).

minimize photoshop.

and AHK watch the folder

if a new picture in folder...again and again and again...

help me please

sorry for my english, i'm french.wink.png

Jack Dunning
  • Members
  • 217 posts
  • Last active: Nov 11 2015 08:40 PM

Use the SetTimer command with a subroutine that checks the folder for new files.

I currently do a regular blog for AutoHotkey beginners and have posted a number of AutoHotkey help pages at ComputorEdge.com. As I learn, I pass it on.

AutoHotkey scripts and apps for beginners and more ideas.

naskaone
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Apr 18 2013 08:15 PM

hello, thanks for reply but i don't understand SetTimer do you explain me ?

Jack Dunning
  • Members
  • 217 posts

SetTimer is a command that allows you to start an AutoHotkey routine to run at a specific interval of time in microseconds...say every 5 minutes (300000 microseconds). In the subroutine (label) for SetTimer you would place a loop (Loop (files and folders)) which checks for any files which are less than five minutes old. Use EnvSub, CurrentTime, %A_LoopFileTimeCreated%, Seconds to determine the difference between the current time (CurrentTime := A_Now) and the file date (A_LoopFileTimeCreated). IF so (and it is the correct type of image file), then RunWait the Photoshop script. The SetTimer command will continue to repeat that action every five minutes until you stop it.

I currently do a regular blog for AutoHotkey beginners and have posted a number of AutoHotkey help pages at ComputorEdge.com. As I learn, I pass it on.

robert_ilbrink
  • Members
  • 561 posts
  • Last active: Nov 07 2019 05:14 PM

Jack, maybe not runwait, naskaone indicated that Photoshop will be minimized, not closed.

Jack Dunning
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Right Robert! Good catch!