Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Most mouseclick problems solved

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
robert_ilbrink
  • Members
  • 561 posts
  • Last active: Mar 10 2015 08:36 PM

On many websites in Chrome I had trouble clicking certain buttons with ahk (I know, why not use IE and COM...).

It went so far that I created my own MyClick function where I could define (per site in ini file) how the mouseclick had to be performed.

This was from a simple click, MouseClick, slow click (click down, wait, click up) and last but not least get the url from the object and request the url through a plugin called "MyAddressBar" (F6 only works if you are not in full screen mode).

Tonight I started playing with Send {vk01sc000}. And I have to say, so far so good. I have not yet found a website where Send {vk01sc000} didn't work.

So for all the gamers with mouseClick problems, give Send {vk01sc000} a try

Regards,

Robert Ilbrink

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM
are you just clicking coordinates? if so you could also try ControlClick which will PostMessage the WM_LBUTTONDOWN message which i believe is a different method than what MouseClick uses. its what i use

good tip regardless. what is {vk01sc000} ?

robert_ilbrink
  • Members
  • 561 posts

As written above, I've used every method in the book, not even ControlClick works on some links.  If I need to click somewhere I use:

MouseMove, 123,123

Send {vk01sc000}

B.t.w. this is the VirtualKey and ScanCode data from the ahk keyhistory for my left mousebutton.

01  000 d 2.59 LButton        
01  000 u 0.06 LButton

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
That's equivalent to Send {LButton}, which ultimately uses the same method as Send {Click} and Click. I doubt that it's actually more reliable.

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM
yea i hardly ever use MouseClick, i only use Click or ControlClick

robert_ilbrink
  • Members
  • 561 posts

The only reliable way it works on my system is by using Send {vk01sc000}.

Click sometimes works, but so far Send {vk01sc000} has always worked.

P.s. It could be that Chrome has been updated, because today both methods seem to work reliable again.

Could you elaborate on the difference between the two methods, since a few days earlier there was a DEFINITE difference in the way Send {vk01sc000} worked v.s. click/sendclick.

Grothendieck
  • New members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Aug 05 2015 06:53 PM

I just created an account to say that Click and Send{Click} sometimes fail (for me), while Send {vk01sc000} has (so far) worked reliably. It's AMAZING!!!

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
The "so far" in your post makes it sound like a coincidence. I don't believe Send {vk01sc000} is any more reliable than (or behaves any differently to) Send {Click}.

Could you elaborate on the difference between the two methods, since a few days earlier there was a DEFINITE difference in the way Send {vk01sc000} worked v.s. click/sendclick.

MouseClick, Click, Send {Click} and Send {LButton} all ultimately call MouseClick() (an internal function). The only difference I see is that using Send temporarily "releases" any modifier keys that were down, unless you use {Blind}. "LButton" is just a name for vk 1, so {vk01sc000}, {vk01} and {LButton} should behave exactly the same. {Click} uses a different code path, but arrives at MouseClick() just the same.