Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Audacity Script

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
Kittydovah
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: May 28 2013 12:14 PM

I really hope this is the right board, if not I'm sorry for that. I clicked the question and answers sub-forum but it seems like people can also ask questions here which is quite frankly where I'd rather ask.

Anyway, recently my headset got a bit messed up due to a troublesome (however absolutely adorable) cat and now my voice is really quiet. I record videos and I found a fix for this simply by recording my voice in Audacity and just messing with the volume there, was a really easy fix so I could continue making videos with this headset 'till I get a new one. Problem is though, that I need to start recording on Audacity at the same time as my Fraps which requires the game to be up and Audacity in the background.

Now, I am horrible with scripting. I tried getting into JavaScript a couple of years back, couldn't get into. Also tried C# but hahano.
All I really need from AHK is a script that acts as a global hotkey for my Audacity to use the recording hotkey, which is F8 ideally, I don't have any other use for AHK.

Again, I'm sorry if this is the wrong board, but if someone could just write a short script that makes my Audacity record using the F8 key then I'd be appreciative.

Thanks.

[EDIT]

Oh, I thought I might add that I have searched the forums for similar topics.
I found three to be exact, one gave a fix to some guy's script that I didn't understand and didn't work, another was a redirect on how to do ControlSomething things, and then another gave a script but it simply did not work for me.

noname
  • Members
  • 650 posts
  • Last active:
f8::
ControlClick, Record,Audacity
return

Pause::
ControlClick, Stop,Audacity
return

winXP  and ahk unicode

Kittydovah
  • Members
  • 3 posts
f8::
ControlClick, Record,Audacity
return

Pause::
ControlClick, Stop,Audacity
return

I tried this by replacing everything in the sample script with this, reloaded it, opened Audacity, opened a game, pressed F8 then alt tabbed back to Audacity to see if it worked and it doesn't seem to work.
If I'm being an idiot somewhere along the lines, please point it out so I can get this to work.

Kittydovah
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Scratch that last post, I was being an idiot.
Thanks a ton.

Rijul Ahuja
  • Members
  • 763 posts
  • Last active: Nov 25 2013 10:16 AM

How about this

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
return

f8::ControlClick, Record,Audacity

Pause::ControlClick, Stop,Audacity

Warning! Games may prevent AHK from receiving keystrokes. Try it with notepad opened first.

Abandon the forum. The community has decided in a democratic vote to leave this website because of inactive and perverse administration.

Very few of the contributing members remain here.