Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Binding Keys To Scroll Up/Down on Mouse With Scripting?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
BeKure
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Jun 13 2013 12:42 AM

I was successfully able to bind the keyboard buttons "Q" to Scroll Wheel Up and "E" to Scroll Wheel Down using a program called X-Mouse. I am playing a MMO called TERA Online and by default in the game Scroll Wheel Up/Down are used to zoom the camera in and out. I have rebound the camera zoom in/out in TERA to Arrow Up/Down. Now the keys "Q" and "E" work just fine in game when bound to Scroll Wheel Up/Down, the problem is that the camera also zooms in/out as well as activating buttons "Q" or "E" simultaneously. How do I cancel the Scroll Wheel Up/Down function altogether and in turn, forcing Scroll Wheel Up/down to just act as "Q" and "E" so that it no longer zooms my in-game camera in and out. Long story short, I just want Scroll Wheel Up to active the key "Q" and ONLY "Q" and I want Scroll Wheel Down to activate the "E" key and ONLY the "E" key. I don't want it zooming my in-game camera in and out. Will AutoHotkey be able to bypass this issue? The X-Mouse application is useless to me being that the camera still zooms in and out when the wheel is scrolled up and down.

Another option would be that if I could set it up so that if maybe while holding down the "Control" key for example, I could in fact zoom the camera in and out but once "Control" is released, then Scroll Wheel Up/Down will ONLY function as keys "Q" and "E" respectively.

Is any of this possible or am I pipe dreaming? I am new to scripting and find it quite challenging. Any help that would get me started with what I mentioned in my post would be appreciated.  

Thanks in advance.

C1ark
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Last active: Apr 18 2014 09:22 AM

So, Scrolling up make it press Q. Scrolling down makes it press E. Holding control and scrolling scrolls.

Easy.

WheelUp:: ;Mouse wheel scrolled up hotkey.
Send, q ;Send the Q key.
return

WheelDown:: ;Mouse wheel scrolled down hotkey.
Send, e ;Send the E key.
return

BeKure
  • Members
  • 4 posts

So, Scrolling up make it press Q. Scrolling down makes it press E. Holding control and scrolling scrolls.

Easy.

WheelUp:: ;Mouse wheel scrolled up hotkey.Send, q ;Send the Q key.returnWheelDown:: ;Mouse wheel scrolled down hotkey.Send, e ;Send the E key.return
I really appreciate your response but AutoHotKey is performing in the same manner as X-Mouse when I'm playing Tera. The mouse wheel , even though it activates Q & E, still zooms the camera in and out. This is what i don't want. I was hopping that AutoHotKey would bypass this issue. If the software developers would just make 'Scroll Wheel Up/Down' with binding options via the mouse software then this wouldn't even be a issue. I thought that 3rd party programs like X-Mouse and AutoHotKey would be a valid work around but I was wrong.
I guess I expected more than what was even actually possible.
Thank you anyhow.

BeKure
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Update. I tried this application using different games besides Tera and seems to work fine which tells me that the problem is on the developer of Tera's end.