Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Upcoming Ahk2Exe changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic
fischgeek
  • Moderators
  • 1074 posts
  • Last active: Jul 07 2015 06:27 PM

Fantastic! Thank you!

TAC109
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Last active: Jan 21 2016 04:23 AM
I'm using Ahk2Exe version 1.1.09.02 (included with the AHK I'm using).

When I compile a script, sometimes it 'forgets' to obey #include's. I run the compile again without changing anything and the include's are obeyed! The scripts to be included are in the source script's folder.

Also in a similar way, sometimes the 'compress' flag is not actioned. I compile again without changing anything and it works!

These problems occur when compiling using the GUI, the right-click context menu, and when compiling within SCiTE4AutoHotKey (my preferred editor for AHK scripts).

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts
  • Last active: Nov 14 2015 06:56 PM

I have just uploaded a demo package that shows exactly how to use Bitmap and HTML resources. During the making of the script I discovered a bug in Ahk2Exe; I've fixed it and uploaded Preview 1a.

Can I know what the bug was.

I have already compiled one script using the first preview and distributed it. The safe side is that the script was very short, very basic and only used the Program info directives of the new masterpiece, but then I would like to know if I am really on the safer side.

Now a CS Undergrad. | My WebsiteAutohotkey Scripts | Softwares

Telegram me : @aviaryan

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:

I'm using Ahk2Exe version 1.1.09.02 (included with the AHK I'm using).

This thread is not for generic Ahk2Exe support requests, rather for discussion about upcoming Ahk2Exe changes. Anyway; try upgrading AutoHotkey to its latest version (v1.1.10.01 as of writing). I have never had reports of such misbehaviour in Ahk2Exe, except for a person in the Support forum that had trouble with StdLib manual includes that nobody (including myself) was able to reproduce.

Can I know what the bug was.

Ahk2Exe did not properly add bitmap resources, that was all.

EDIT: Fixed another bug, uploaded Preview 1b.

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
  • Last active: Apr 06 2016 04:00 AM

Hello fincs,

Do you think we'll be able to create ImageLists from resources? Of course I'm hoping for a format that supports transparency. grin.png

Thanks again for the new features!

Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer) | Class_LV_Rows - Copy, Cut, Paste and Drag ListViews | Class_Toolbar - Create and modify | Class_Rebar - Adjustable GUI controls

Join the New AutoHotkey Forum!

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:

Do you think we'll be able to create ImageLists from resources? Of course I'm hoping for a format that supports transparency.

You can once I add support for icon resource adding.

Pulover
  • Members
  • 1596 posts
  • Last active: Apr 06 2016 04:00 AM

You can once I add support for icon resource adding.

Great! I'm looking forward to that!

Rodolfo U. Batista
Pulover's Macro Creator - Automation Tool (Recorder & Script Writer) | Class_LV_Rows - Copy, Cut, Paste and Drag ListViews | Class_Toolbar - Create and modify | Class_Rebar - Adjustable GUI controls

Join the New AutoHotkey Forum!

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

One more question, Should I suppose that I can put the Ahk2exe directives anywhere, just anywhere !
EDit:
Let me be clear, by just anywhere I mean I will put them only with the start of a line, not inline

Yes

Doesnt work inside Block comments ..

/*
;   Ahk2Exe    Directives
;@Ahk2Exe-SetName Clipjump
;@Ahk2Exe-SetDescription Clipjump
;@Ahk2Exe-SetVersion 6.0b1
;@Ahk2Exe-SetCopyright (C) 2013 Avi Aryan
;@Ahk2Exe-SetOrigFilename Clipjump.exe
*/

The above doesnt work .It is only after I remove the /*  */ that it works.

ZeLen1y
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Last active: Oct 13 2014 09:43 PM

Doesnt work inside Block comments ..

Why code should works inside it?

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:

Doesnt work inside Block comments

Obviously.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Obviously.

I thought Ahk2Exe uses a line-parser to read lines and then extract interested commands. So, even if a directive is wrapped in /**/ , the line denotes it is nothing but       ;@Ahk2Exe .......     and so the command should work. tongue.png  

rhinox202
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Last active: Sep 18 2014 07:19 PM

On the topic of changes, is it possible for AHK2EXE to check for ".exe" in the destination file name? I'm so used to and it's standard practice to include the selected "Save as type" file extension in the name. Without appending ".exe" the compiled file has no extension and appears blank. At the very least there should be an error message but automatically detecting and then adding ".exe" if missing is the best idea. Also, it would be nice if one could drag and drop an EXE file onto the GUI and have it be set as the destination.

Anyway, thanks for your time and hard work. AHK2EXE has come a long way since the beginning and I would like to thank your for that.

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:

is it possible for AHK2EXE to check for ".exe" in the destination file name?

I'll change that.

Also, it would be nice if one could drag and drop an EXE file onto the GUI and have it be set as the destination.

It makes no sense to drop a file into the GUI that does not exist...

Sidola
  • Members
  • 76 posts
  • Last active: Apr 07 2015 08:34 AM

It makes no sense to drop a file into the GUI that does not exist...

While I agree it makes no sense logically, I've also encountered situations where this would be nice to have. The workflow that prompts this behavior is when my script file is named Script1.ahk, and the Exe is named Program.exe, and I need to overwrite Program.exe often with new versions.

This forces me to find Program.exe manually, or leave that field blank, delete Program.exe and change the name of Script1.exe manually.

rhinox202
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Last active: Sep 18 2014 07:19 PM

The situation that Sidola presented is the exact type of situation I had in mind.

p.s. There is a misprint on the AHK2EXE Directives page. It says, "MsgBox This message appears does NOT appear in the compiled script."