Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Upcoming Ahk2Exe changes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic
fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:
Uploaded Preview 1e, fixes several bugs and annoyances.

is it possible for AHK2EXE to check for ".exe" in the destination file name?

Fixed.

There is a misprint on the AHK2EXE Directives page.

Fixed.

I've also encountered situations where this would be nice to have.

Ok, I implemented it.

haichen
  • Members
  • 200 posts
  • Last active: Oct 20 2013 01:14 PM

Maybe the desired exe-name could be a AHK2EXE Directive?

SAPlayer
  • Members
  • 403 posts
  • Last active: Apr 11 2014 04:45 PM

Maybe you could improve the "Use mpress"-option to let the user choose the file of the exe-compressor (e.g. I usually use upx.exe therefore). I know that it's possible with a file named mpress.exe that calls the compressor, but this isn't a nice behaviour.

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:

Maybe the desired exe-name could be a AHK2EXE Directive?

Not a good idea; it would conflict with the filename chosen in the Gui or in the command line.

Maybe you could improve the "Use mpress"-option to let the user choose the file of the exe-compressor

Read the comment I wrote a few weeks ago in this thread:

In the future I may add a directive to run a command after compilation (such as UPX).

keilmillerjr
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Last active: Oct 03 2015 11:38 PM

Ahk2Exe for AutoHotkey v1.1.11.02

When I compile a test script using unicode 64-bit  and using mpress, the compiled script fails to launch.

I understand that this is a work in progress and the option to select different types of icons other than default (suspend, pause) has been implemented yet. However, if a default icon is selected, it should be the default icon for all states. It is silly to have a custom icon, and when the state changes, the user is presented with the green H icon.

I would be super happy if author and version info was added as well. I hit a halt with Compile_AHK II when I realized that I couldn't compile as 32-bit, and then compile a different version as 64-bit. A+ on nailing that down!

This app has a super clean gui. Keep up the good work!

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:

When I compile a test script using unicode 64-bit and using mpress, the compiled script fails to launch.

That's a known MPRESS bug that is unrelated to Ahk2Exe.

However, if a default icon is selected, it should be the default icon for all states. It is silly to have a custom icon, and when the state changes, the user is presented with the green H icon.

The current behaviour was inherited from the original Ahk2Exe. I plan on allowing you to replace the other state tray icons.

I would be super happy if author and version info was added as well.

The Ahk2Exe preview in this post already supports changing the version. Windows executables do not have author information, so you will have to use the Copyright information instead.

keilmillerjr
  • Members
  • 39 posts

That's a known MPRESS bug that is unrelated to Ahk2Exe.
The current behaviour was inherited from the original Ahk2Exe. I plan on allowing you to replace the other state tray icons.
The Ahk2Exe preview in this post already supports changing the version. Windows executables do not have author information, so you will have to use the Copyright information instead.

Gotcha on the bug. Maybe MPress for 64-bit should be disabled for now until mpress resolves that bug. I can foresee people compiling scripts for distribution and not testing them, unknowing of this bug.

I downloaded the preview e1 and the gui appears to be identical to the Ahk2Exe included with v1.1.11.02. No options for changing version information that I can see. I meant to say "copyright information" instead of "author". Right idea, wrong terminology.

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:
The option must be specified in the script.

keilmillerjr
  • Members
  • 39 posts

The option must be specified in the script.

Oh, nice! Having that information in the script is a way better option that trying to remember to update it in a gui! It makes version tracking a little easier too. wink.png

Hawkysoft
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Oct 11 2013 01:04 PM

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but are you planing to include a password protection again? (yes, I'm aware on how to easily bypass this, but still it'll stop the first scriptkids trying to get your stuff..)

zcooler
  • Members
  • 212 posts
  • Last active: Jan 05 2016 08:08 PM

Hi fincs!

I wonder if you could consider this in next build? http://www.autohotke...narun/?p=603406

Regards

zcooler

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:
@Hawkysoft: no since the method for compiling scripts has changed. It was pointless anyway to password-"protect" scripts and/or use NoDecompile, as it was trivially easy to decompile with certain tools (and the same applies to the new method). "Compiling does NOT guarantee source code protection". If you have passwords to hide, please use hashes instead of storing the passwords in plain text.

@zcooler: I will add an option to output the preprocessed script.

zcooler
  • Members
  • 212 posts
  • Last active: Jan 05 2016 08:08 PM

@zcooler: I will add an option to output the preprocessed script.

That is greatgrin.png Many thanks

from 

zcooler

evilc
  • Members
  • 340 posts
  • Last active: Oct 27 2015 11:07 PM

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but is there any point to this new compiler apart from the directives?

I have some users reporting that the EXE version of my script does not work for them (GUI shows, but no keys sent) and I was wondering if this new compiler might change anything.

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:

is there any point to this new compiler apart from the directives?

I don't know what is the intention behind this question. The directives allow compiled scripts to be more customizable.

I have some users reporting that the EXE version of my script does not work for them (GUI shows, but no keys sent)

99% of the time this is a bug in the script. The logical thing would be to ask in the Support forum and post the code that does not work. Also, certain psychic powers tell me that those users are trying to send keystrokes to programs run as administrator on Windows Vista/7/8/8.1, which does not work unless you run the script as administrator too or "enable UI access".