Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

How to send to unseen controls in a Java app

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic
yeahdude
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Jun 05 2015 08:57 PM

Great!  Thank you for the quick response, Elgin.  That will definitely get me started in the right direction.

thomasjeffrey
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jun 22 2015 04:48 AM

Elgin,

Trying to use the bridge. 

I have succesfully installed JAB, verifiying through getting JavaMonkey and SwingSet working together.

Whenever I run the JControlWriter I get the following error  "JAB not loaded",

tracing through I can see JavaAcessBridge function InitJavaAccessBridge is failing, specifically

JABVariables["JAB_DLL"]:=DllCall("LoadLibrary", "Str", JABVariables["JAB_DLLVersion"] ".dll") evaluates to zero

and 

JABVariables["JABInitialised"]:=DllCall(JABVariables["JAB_DLLVersion"] "\Windows_run", "Cdecl Int")

does not evaluate to any value?

Any ideas? I am running on jre6...

Elgin
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  • Last active: Dec 18 2015 08:07 PM

Since you're on JRE6 and have to install all the JAB-files manually: are you sure, everything is in the right place according to the installation instructions?

As loading the dll itself fails, my first guess would be "no".

First find out which dll it's trying to load (JABVariables["JAB_DLLVersion"]) and then make sure the dll is in the right place (c:\Windows\System32\WindowsAccessBridge-64.dll; c:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsAccessBridge-32.dll; c:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsAccessBridge.dll).

Just out of interest, did you try all three versions of JavaMonkey for your evaluation and did they all work for you?

Good luck!