Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

How to make printscreen key = Control+F8?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
Airrick10
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Aug 03 2013 04:43 PM

I want to set up my print screen key that when I press it, it would be like pressing control+F8.....any idea on how to do this? Thanks!

So far I've done these:

printscreen::^F8

return

printscreen::^&F8

return

printscreen::send ^F8

return

and they don't seem to work.

JadeDragon
  • Members
  • 935 posts
  • Last active: Jun 07 2014 07:40 AM
✓  Best Answer
PrintScreen::
    Keywait, PrintScreen
    Send ^{F8}
    Return

Never assume evil intent when simple ignorance will suffice. Ignorance is an eventually curable condition with the right education. Evil intent, however, is another matter entirely. Scripts are much like children. Simple to conceive. Difficult, expensive, and time-consuming to raise. Often do the opposite of what you expect them to. Require frequent  "correction". And once they leave home you can't control them anymore. But you love them anyway.

Airrick10
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Aug 03 2013 04:43 PM

Thank you very much JadeDragon!!!

At first it wasn't working, but I realized that whenever I edited and saved a script, that I had to compile it and then run it! Now it works like a charm....Thanks once again!grin.png

gregster
  • Members
  • 283 posts
  • Last active: Nov 09 2015 03:08 AM

Nope, no need to compile it...

Did you use the installation routine of AHK? That should link all ahk-extension-files to Autohotkey. Or do you use a portable installation (I think that exists, too, doesn't it?) ?

JadeDragon
  • Members
  • 935 posts
  • Last active: Jun 07 2014 07:40 AM

If you use the standard autohotkey installation for your operating system then you don't need to compile anything. just run the script itself. I generally keep my autohotkey editor up and running when i'm running scripts so i can make changes to the script as I need to, then reload and continue. For me that method makes turnaround times for scripts very fast.

Never assume evil intent when simple ignorance will suffice. Ignorance is an eventually curable condition with the right education. Evil intent, however, is another matter entirely. Scripts are much like children. Simple to conceive. Difficult, expensive, and time-consuming to raise. Often do the opposite of what you expect them to. Require frequent  "correction". And once they leave home you can't control them anymore. But you love them anyway.