Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Multiple keyboard, multiple configurations

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
_00_
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active:

--

_3D_
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  • Last active: Mar 14 2014 07:49 PM

I think it is just ADVERTISING (sorry I read till 100$ and lose interest)

In real world most games working at DIRECT INPUT method DON`T understand EXTRA buttons. SAD BUT TRUE.

What I mean:

1. You may connect to computer about 128 keyboards per USB channel (by USB specification) - TRUE. But any different keyboard will appear the same keys. Example: If you have 3 different keyboards button Numpad1 will be Numpad1 at any.
  2. Remapping of keys strongly depend from given game - SAD.
  3. Additional remapping (using AHK for example) depend of INPUT method that given game use. If this method is DIRECT INPUT you CANT easy remap keys even you have additional keys at additional keyboards - SAD BUT TRUE. Because game using DIRECT INPUT working directly with the hardware.

In fact there most and cheaper keyboards with detachable numpad and only numpad. Detachable numpad may be connected left or right side the main keyboard or not be detached (numpad and main keyboard are connected with cable). Now if you get 1 keyboard with detachable numpad and USB hub (about 20$) and another USB numpad only (about 14$) You will have main keyboard with 2 physical numpads (1 left and 1 right). But actually all 2 different numpads will generate the same action in DIRECT INPUT game. Here the problem - remapping going harder and left numpad {Numpad1} will be the same as right numpad {Numpad1}.

Edited by _3D_, 18 September 2013 - 02:08 PM.

_00_
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active:

---

_00_
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active:
--

_00_
  • Members