Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

FFXIV ARR Assistant (crafting and harvest bot)

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic
Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts
  • Last active: Jun 14 2015 09:02 PM

(beta 4) : 9-25-2013

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Gamma in-game set to 50 or 0. If you don't want to set this, then add a image for your gamma to the images list in next sequential order/number.
  2. game running in windowed or full-screen windowed mode
  3. Game must stay active while crafting. (working on allowing option for game to stay in background in later release)

FEATURES : 

1. Automated Crafting.
    1. place default "no CP use" skill in 1 slot in game
    2. setup buttons to press via the gui.
    3. click "start crafting" and go into game, looking at tooltip on top left for instructions
    4. NOTE : after all skills are used, if the stage window is still open, it will default to sending the 1 key till the stage window goes away. 
  2. Automated Harvesting (somewhat)
    1. It monitors the screen and watches for you to go to a gather spot. Once there, it harvests whatever the last item you harvested from that spot.

let me know what ya guys think so far. There is a little bit of lag with the gathering because it's having to scan for the files. I'm thinking of adding/changing the trigger affect to pick up a specific key, or specific button when will tell it to scan 5 times, then stop if nothing found, but this is still all being worked on.

If you want to donate, please feel free. 

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Download Link v004: LINK

Download Link v005: LINK

Download Link v006: LINK

Download Link v007b: LINK

Download Link v007c: LINK
Download Link v008 : LINK

Download Link v009 : LINK

Download Link v009b: LINK

Download Link v009c: LINK

Download Link v009d: LINK

Download Link v009e: LINK

9-21-2013

• fixed CTRL hot-keys not working
  • fixed missing "5" hotkey
  • fixed not displaying more then 9 hotkey slots (allows up to 40)

9-25-2013  v004

• Added 0 gamma image files for anyone having issues with detection at 50 gamma
  • added SubComponent and HQ setup on HQ tab. (make sure you setup/specify the setup on the HQ tab, even if it's standard)

9-26-2013  v005

• Corrected ( i think ) a miscalculation in the HQ mat usage. This should fix the pause between HQ mats being selected.
  • Added Save and Load feature to Steps process. you can now save and load an unlimited number of steps setups, name them and set a description to them. Enjoy

9-27-2013  v006

• Mouse will now unlock when ALT+TABing out of the FFXIV window. This is to allow users with multiple monitors to do things on their 2nd monitor while the game is running on their first monitor. (NOTE: game still needs to be visible for crafting and steps window to be detected correctly)
  • If you are only crafting with Standard Materials, you no longer need to setup the HQ material page. This is now only required if crafting with HQ materials.
  • Added option to have FFXIV window in background. Please note the warning message within the interface.
  • Added wait 3 - 12. Each one corresponds to how many seconds to wait before going to next step. This was added per request, not sure how useful it will be, but enjoy! =) example: wait3 = 3 seconds. Wait 6 = 6 seconds. Etc.
  • Added donate button to the top of program. (not implying anything but hey, I enjoy geting a little somin somin for my time working on this.. lol)

10-3-2013 v007a

• to account for script getting stuck on "scanning for craft window" while still on step window, due to rare issue that image search loses focus to the step window, after scanning for craft window, if it doesn’t find it, it will now also confirm that step window isn't present, if it is.. It will send a "1" key to the game to try and get it out of that Step window.
  • add additional pause option between button presses. by default this is set to 0 for both values, meaning it will use next action every 3secs. Changing these values will set a low and high value for it to randomly pick a number in between to pause. If you want to pause for an added 0.5 and 1.0 secs.. Put in "500" in first field and "1000" in second field.
  • Added check to make sure number of attempts isn't blank or 0
  • Added check to make sure FFXIV game is running. Script will close if it detects that it’s not running to prevent any keys or actions sent to any other open programs/applications
  • Added and changed the method of how Gathering monitoring works. This will no longer constantly scan for the gathering window while running from node to node. With the new method, you target a node to harvest, and press the selected key (default is Q). this will send numpad0 key 1 time, wait 0.5 secs and proceed to scan for the gathering screen a max of 5 times. If it finds it, it will proceed to send numpad0 until the gathering window goes away due to completion. If it doesn’t find it after 5 attempts, it will stop scanning.  NOTE: I didn’t add controller support for this currently as I’m unsure if it’s really desired. Adding controller support isn’t out of the question, just post the desire in the forum

10-8-2013 v007b

• adjusted how scanning of craft and step window is done. Previously it would scan "ALL" of the items within the image folder respective to the current action it was trying, this was causing some CPU lag. It now only does this the first time it finds the windows in question then saves it as a variable so that it's only searching 1 image instead of multiple images. This also address a 2-4 second delay in locating the crafting window at times.

• Added dash and equals key to the list of hotkey options.

• added action selection for after the crafting is complete.

10-13-2013 v007c

• New Method of image detection added. Now it will prompt you to select 2 areas, one for the "Crafting" window and 1 for the "Steps" window. This new image location will be stored in the new status display, which is checked to get a more accurate and smooth result. LIMITATION : after the locations are marked, please don't move the window. you can however do whatever you want on other windows, as it doesn't mater if the game is in the background. Actually, it forcefully disables the game window and places it in the background while the script is running.
  • Added option for "play music after craft" is complete.

11-7-2013 v008

• minor tweaks to speed of material selections during crafting, for HQ mat selection
  • added "Eorzea Time" to the gathering tab. This new section is a standalone time calculation to let you know when and were the lvl 50 harvest points will be. It highlights then in RED when inactive, green when Active, and blue when 1-2 hours (5-35 RL mins). The idea and concept came from http://www.ffxivclock.com, have to give them create for there work, but since there site was down for maintenance, I figured I would come up with a standalone one that wasn't a windows 7 gadget. this isa standalone code that is maintained within the ahk script, and doesn't require any external source for time sync, etc. As long as your local PCs time/date is valid, it will calculate it all for you. 

11-22-2013 v009

• Added 1sec pause before the button is activated for the craft window, this is to address lag that sometimes causes submit not to function sometimes.
  • Increased time between material selections from 200 to 250.
  • Included Logging images and corrected gathering toggle. (currently only 0 in game gamma screenshots provided and scanned. If you want to use a different gamma, will need to take new screenshots and placed into the gathering folder.
  • Please disregard the Advanced Crafting tab. This is a work in progress section, and I wasn't planing on releasing a new version till is was 100% ready, but due to other issues, I am releasing the this version without that new tab fully implemented.

12/24/2013 v009b

• Added all 5 size crafting and step windows (please set gamma to 0 in game)
  • edited window to not fully disable and hide the game window.
  • The mouse will now pause (disable) while it's moving between crafting components, this is to combat the anti-boting methods that they added to the game

12/26/2013 v009c

• fixed issue with "HQ" materials not working/being selected correctly.
  • adjusted the shifting of the active window, to help users with mutli-monitors. It should now shift to an "Unusable location" instead of the 2nd or 3rd screen.

1/3/2013 v009d

• removed ability to "not" scan for images. This was only there for users wanting to use the program in the background. Due to the 2.1 patch, this can be detectable as hacking/cheating as it makes your game in the background. Removed for the safty of users accounts.
  • Added a selection of "Monitor" or "Game" for image detection. The recomended is Monitor, which places the specified locations into the MONITOR window and the script scans that window instead of the entire game, allowing for the script to run faster and more accurate. The game option will kick into affect automaticly if the monitor scan's fail or if you select it. This "Game" selection will scan the entire game window, and not just the specific location. This method also can't be used unless the game is on top of all other windows, and fully active. this should help the users with the "flashing black" monitor area as well.
  • The script now does a pre-scan of both the crafting window and the steps window. it does this to prevent geting stuck when trying to locate the images during crafting, and being placed into an infinate loop when it isn't able to locate the correct image.
  • I have now included 25 different images for the crafting and step windows. These were all taken with "GAMMA set to 0" and using all of the default graphic settings. (max, standard desktop, standard laptop, etc). Please use one of those, instead of custom if you are having issues with the script detecting your windows/images prior to contacting me on the forum.

1/16/2013 v009e

• added step number checking. It will now monitor the area next to the work "STEP" while crafting, and only goto the next step in the craft when it has changed.This is to help with uses that may lag while crafting, or have slower systems.
  • added a Crafting window check. after the crafting window and all material are selected, it will check to see if the "crafting window" is still open every 1.5secs. If it's still open, it will attempt to send the NUM0 key to try to synthesise the craft.

Did a solution provided fix your issue? please mark as "Answered" if so. thank you!

TheMageling
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Sep 17 2013 03:39 AM

I'd be interested in this. If you don't, then I'll be forced to make my own, mainly for mining. It's annoying that there aren't built-in keyboard commands for gathering, so I can't even create a macro like I can for crafting classes.

axle1000
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Sep 17 2013 03:17 AM
i would be very interested in the crafting macro. im new to this autohotkey thing and i would like a macro that could emulate the click of a mouse, then have my 1 key pressed for my ingame macro, then wait the 10 seconds or so till the crafting is complete then have it mouse click again. im not understanding how to do it with the instructions on the site so if you guys could help me out that would be great. otherwise if you can create one i would forever be indebted to you.

Shimyan
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Sep 16 2013 12:26 AM

I actually am in the middle of creating small script for crafting that reads output of chat and is able to react to failed tries etc.

The bigger problem is gathering/fishing as it involves character movement and fishing needs to react to fish getting caught. if there was a way to pull information from windows when a software plays a sound fishing would a piss easy task.

simonlee
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Sep 18 2013 03:05 AM

Actually, I'm also try to write the script for gathering. But I found it is not easy, because the mining point will change, and the character's position also affect the position of the mining.
Does anyone have good suggestion?

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

well, the mining part.. without reading true memory values (which could get your baned) . I dont thing there is a method to this. I was  thinking of a auto harvest, to at least pick up on the window, and harvest the last item you harvested. the keyboard shortcut for this is "num0" on the num pad. just fyi.

I have the crafting part almost done, it's very much rough draft, so bear with me, but basicly what I'm having it do is the following..

1. check/wait for crafting window.

2. wait for user to pick an item to craft, and for crafting window to go away.

3. wait for "steps" window

4. record keys pressed while "steps" window is present

5.stop recording after steps widow closes (saving as steps to process)

6. provide a gui to ask "how many do you want to craft" and "do you want to use HQ items" and "how many total materials are there"

7. based on the previous answered questions, it will proceed to start crafting from that window, how ever many times you told it to and to through the process.

I should (hopefully) have something for ya guys within a few days, time permited, as job and family comes first.

Did a solution provided fix your issue? please mark as "Answered" if so. thank you!

lightning90
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Last active: Nov 22 2013 09:02 AM

Auto-harvest is better, I think. I mean, what I hate about mining/harvesting was choosing which item to harvest every time. And sometimes my brain derped and I clicked something else. I can deal with walking from node to node, as long as I don't have to click it over and over and over.

Though I wish there's a way to just automate the fishing process. I can deal with it if it's the same as mining and harvesting, you pretty much just numb your brain and macro your body to repeat everything. You're either always moving/clicking or not at all. But with fishing, you click/press button, wait.. wait.. wait... okay press now. Whoops, you're too late, your bait's gone. Having something that can automate this would be much appreciated @_@

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Auto-harvest is better, I think. I mean, what I hate about mining/harvesting was choosing which item to harvest every time. And sometimes my brain derped and I clicked something else. I can deal with walking from node to node, as long as I don't have to click it over and over and over.

Though I wish there's a way to just automate the fishing process. I can deal with it if it's the same as mining and harvesting, you pretty much just numb your brain and macro your body to repeat everything. You're either always moving/clicking or not at all. But with fishing, you click/press button, wait.. wait.. wait... okay press now. Whoops, you're too late, your bait's gone. Having something that can automate this would be much appreciated @_@

fully agree with you. Issue is I prefer not to use any kind of memory lookups as they could get people baned. Instead i try to stick withwhat is noticable and visualy changing.

The only thing i can see that is changing, is the fishing rod bobs up and down a bit, then alot when its done. we could use pixel lookups, but then you have the issue that not all rods are the same color, or there tips/ends arent the same. Also, the "bite" message doesn't display till "after" the button is pressed, so relying on reading the logs isn't valid either.

Anyone have any ideas on how we can detect the fishing bite ? any icons that are greyed out, or any minor variance that we could look for? please feel free to put your ideas on there on this one.

simonlee
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Sep 18 2013 03:05 AM

Dear Temil2008:

I'm just a newer of AHK. But I try to design a script for auto gathering. Because gathering and fishing are too waste time. Especially fishing is.

I'm also using step record to record the mining step, but the mining position will change everytime.

Now, I'm trying to use "PixelSearch" to  check it.

If I have succeeded, I am happy to share with you my conclusions.

Simon

IT

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Dear Temil2008:

I'm just a newer of AHK. But I try to design a script for auto gathering. Because gathering and fishing are too waste time. Especially fishing is.

I'm also using step record to record the mining step, but the mining position will change everytime.

Now, I'm trying to use "PixelSearch" to  check it.

If I have succeeded, I am happy to share with you my conclusions.

Simon

IT

if you are refering to using "PixelSearch" to try and find the next gathering location, then try to move to that location, you will have alot of issues for the following reasons.

1. in referance to gathering (not fishing) : the white flashing orb is not 100% constant color , and changes slightly. it also pulsates and is semi transparent so it takes on the color from the object behind it. nearly imposable to find it.

2. in referance to gathering (not fishing) : moving to the location to gather is not exactly posable either because from point A to point B one time is then point A to point C the next time. you would need to map out ever single possable pathing, but then you would need some method of determining the ending location within the game to know which path you are trying to follow, which currently isn't posable without doing Memory lookups.

3. If reference to fishing : doing Pixelsearch on the pole, rod, etc was not complex to be 100% accurate. I was able to get it within 30-40% success, but that's about it. The pole and all just moves around way to much prior to the bite. If you are able to find a different area/section to pixelsearch, please share the info once ya find it =)

Jacu
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Oct 25 2013 03:13 PM

Hi, first message here, so hello everyone.

I downloaded AHK exactly for crafting high amounts of HQ items while I am at work :) having the game in a background window.

Too bad my last programming was on Commodore64 and in Basic :)

So this thread looks perfect for me, I developed some great macros so all I was thinking of macroing here is the 0 button on keypad (which is the ok button ingame) and the keyboard number corresponding to my macro in game, with some sleep time.

Your apporach looks much more professional so I will follow the thread.

Macroing gathering sounds VERY challenging so good luck.

A simple question, how I send multiple commands to a background window?

Thanks

Jacu

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Hi, first message here, so hello everyone.

I downloaded AHK exactly for crafting high amounts of HQ items while I am at work happy.png having the game in a background window.

Too bad my last programming was on Commodore64 and in Basic happy.png

So this thread looks perfect for me, I developed some great macros so all I was thinking of macroing here is the 0 button on keypad (which is the ok button ingame) and the keyboard number corresponding to my macro in game, with some sleep time.

Your apporach looks much more professional so I will follow the thread.

Macroing gathering sounds VERY challenging so good luck.

A simple question, how I send multiple commands to a background window?

Thanks

Jacu

sending them to a backgroup window, you would want to use "ControlSend" .. but keep in mind, doing this can have very bad outcomes. Reason you ask? well, because after each crafting process, or completion, etc ..you really need to have it check to see if the window (crafting or steps, etc) is still open. If it's still open, then continue to progress. Also to have it check and calculate CP amts, etc.  Now on the other hand, if you simply want it to send a series of commands in order and never check to see if a window is open, then that's different and much easier.  i'm accualy taking this basic approch for my first release, but I'm taking into account the fact of checking for windows, etc so that we arent sending commands to chat boxes, etc. meaning that it wouldn't send to backgroup window.

on the other hand, I'll consider adding in a option to send to background or not, but with a risk/disclaimer.

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

first beta version posted. Let me know what ya guys think so far.

3man
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Oct 24 2013 01:59 PM

Sorry for the newbie question. But how do I actually use it to automate crafting? I've setup the steps, have FF XIV running in a window and once I click 'START CRAFTING' nothing happens?

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Sorry for the newbie question. But how do I actually use it to automate crafting? I've setup the steps, have FF XIV running in a window and once I click 'START CRAFTING' nothing happen

1. make sure the game is runing in either windowed or full-screen windowed
  2. run the script/program
  3. setup the keys in the order they are to be pressed for the craft you want
  4. click start craft, and go back into game
  5. you will see steps in the tooltip popups on the top left to tell you what to do, and which window you should be in.

it sounds like you either didn't change back to the game, OR you didn't have the game running in windows or borderless windowed mode, since you didnt mention anything about the tooltip on the top left.