Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

FFXIV ARR Assistant (crafting and harvest bot)

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic
3man
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Oct 24 2013 01:59 PM

Right, I was in windowed mode, but didn't notice the small tooltip in the top left corner. However, at step 4, the tooltip says 'Open Crafting Menu' so I press 'N', the crafting log opens, but the tooltip still says  'Open Crafting Menu'. Do I need to have the window in a certain location to trigger another tooltip?

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts
  • Last active: Jun 14 2015 09:02 PM

Right, I was in windowed mode, but didn't notice the small tooltip in the top left corner. However, at step 4, the tooltip says 'Open Crafting Menu' so I press 'N', the crafting log opens, but the tooltip still says  'Open Crafting Menu'. Do I need to have the window in a certain location to trigger another tooltip?

shouldn't need to. It should be scanning for your crafting window to try and find it. try these things..

1. lowering the Variation number to 20 or 30 before clicking "start crafting" to see if it detects the window
  2. change the gui window size (for me it's ingame hotkey of CTRL+HOME while the crafting window is open.)
  3. also, just to make sure you have all the images it's looking for, go into the following path, and make sure the png files are in there.. should be 6 of them.
    1. path is : ..\FFXIV ARR Assistant\images\Crafting\

EDIT:

ohh, btw, currently it only supports english. planing on other lang support later. do you have your game in english? if not, then it wont reconize the window correctly.

Did a solution provided fix your issue? please mark as "Answered" if so. thank you!

3man
  • Members
  • 6 posts

shouldn't need to. It should be scanning for your crafting window to try and find it. try these things..

1. lowering the Variation number to 20 or 30 before clicking "start crafting" to see if it detects the window
  2. change the gui window size (for me it's ingame hotkey of CTRL+HOME while the crafting window is open.)
  3. also, just to make sure you have all the images it's looking for, go into the following path, and make sure the png files are in there.. should be 6 of them.
    1. path is : ..\FFXIV ARR Assistant\images\Crafting\

EDIT:

ohh, btw, currently it only supports english. planing on other lang support later. do you have your game in english? if not, then it wont reconize the window correctly.

Thanks for your reply. I seem to be doing everything as described but still no joy, it still can't find the crafting log open, see attached:

log.jpg

EDIT: Checked the path as well, all 6 images are there. Craft_1 to 3 and Step_1 to 3

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

oh, there seems to be 1 thing I didn't take into account, and that's the "gamma correction" for other players games. can you check to make sure it's currently set to exactly "50" in your settings within FFXIV and try again, and let me know if that works? if that does work, then I will work on a gamma correction for next release for tomorrow, geting late so cant work on it tonight, but let me know the results. thanks.

Did a solution provided fix your issue? please mark as "Answered" if so. thank you!

3man
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Thanks, just got it to work by creating my own Craft_4 and Step_4 images :). Still there seems to be an issue with using CTRL+n keys. For some reason these steps are not read by the game. My setup was CTRL+1, CTRL+2, 3,3,3,1 and only the last 4 steps were performed (3,3,3,1).

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Thanks, just got it to work by creating my own Craft_4 and Step_4 images happy.png. Still there seems to be an issue with using CTRL+n keys. For some reason these steps are not read by the game. My setup was CTRL+1, CTRL+2, 3,3,3,1 and only the last 4 steps were performed (3,3,3,1).

gotcha. I'll look into the ctrl keys tomorrow.

on a side note, mind teling me what your gamma was set to? if it was anything besides 50, that would have been the cause to the first issue, so curious so that I can mark that one as fixed =)

3man
  • Members
  • 6 posts

My gamma was around 40. The slider is so sensitive, that I couldn't set it back to 50, the closest I managed was 51 :)

virtualsnax
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Sep 21 2013 05:54 PM

This is awesome! Great work! 

I'm new to autohotkey scripting, so please forgive me if this is an annoying question. I'm aware that this is a grey area for the ToS. Does anyone care to speculate about the chances that this will be detectable and a player getting banned for it? I'm not overly squeamish, I can accept some risk, but maybe not significant risk (I really wouldn't use it all that often, not worth missing out on a great game).

On another note, I thought I would share my own issue in case it helps anyone. The first time I used it, it got stuck on "scanning for crafting window." This was because my tooltip pop-up position was set to "fixed" and happened to be right in the region that the pixel search was sensitive to. I disabled tooltip popups and it worked like a charm.

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

This is awesome! Great work! 

I'm new to autohotkey scripting, so please forgive me if this is an annoying question. I'm aware that this is a grey area for the ToS. Does anyone care to speculate about the chances that this will be detectable and a player getting banned for it? I'm not overly squeamish, I can accept some risk, but maybe not significant risk (I really wouldn't use it all that often, not worth missing out on a great game).

On another note, I thought I would share my own issue in case it helps anyone. The first time I used it, it got stuck on "scanning for crafting window." This was because my tooltip pop-up position was set to "fixed" and happened to be right in the region that the pixel search was sensitive to. I disabled tooltip popups and it worked like a charm.

understood. I'll consider placing the tooptip some place else, maybe on the top right since can't really have the craft window in that location. =)

on the fact of the ToS .. anything (including keyboard macros) can be ban-able if used in an incorrect/inproper way, so there is nothing 100% safe. BUT, few things to keep in mind.

1. you can setup in-game macros to do the same thing of activating the skills 2.5 secs apart, the only thing that you can't automate natively in the game is the selecting of the item to craft. Now can you always setup something to rapidly re-press the 0 key and the macro key.. sure, alot of it is allready native in the game, just not as easily useable.
  2. the script doesn't use any kind of hex editing, memory modification, etc which is easily detectable. It uses Image search, and keyboard emulation which looks exactly like the user activating it themself. the only real way they could detect you (without someone reporting you) is for them to monitor/scan your system and look for processes running, which currently they don't do.

My gamma was around 40. The slider is so sensitive, that I couldn't set it back to 50, the closest I managed was 51 happy.png

gotcha, at least we know the cause. I'm looking into ways to account for the gamma change, but for the moment users will need to make there own images or they will need to change to 50. If I can't get a gamma scanning method in place, I'll consider adding images for 0 gamma and 100 gamma, as those are easier to select.

I also corrected the CTRL hotkeys not working. new zip posted.

3man
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Thanks, did you also notice that key '5' is missing on the list cool.png Oh, and my crafts often go beyond 9 steps. I think 20 steps should be enough :)

Great work so far! This script lets me get away from the game for a couple of minutes without wasting any time tongue.png

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

Thanks, did you also notice that key '5' is missing on the list  Oh, and my crafts often go beyond 9 steps. I think 20 steps should be enough

Great work so far! This script lets me get away from the game for a couple of minutes without wasting any time 

• fixed going beyond 9. It was actually coded to go up to 40, but there was a bug. fixed it in new download.
  • fixed 5 hot-key missing.

let me know if you find anything else. i'm working on a few things, posted on first page, but open to ideas.

jiees
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Last active: Dec 09 2013 07:34 PM

it works flawlessly for me, tested the craft with 99 in a row, no stops or errors, and i find it nice that even if you fail to finish the craft so to speak it will still add a basic touch to it even if it is not setup like that at the config, also i don't find any lag when harvesting, tho i was standing at a tree before lol was kinda a durrr moment as logging is not harvesting tongue.png. so keep up the awesome job, and looking forward to the next releases!

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

HEADS UP : should have a new version with the following provided later today.

1. Setup/config to use HQ materials
  2. Setup/config to use SubComponents (example : when an item requires another primary item, when upgrading a sword or a shield, etc)

ran into some issues with the "good craft" injection, so dont think that will make this next release.

I'll post here again when I update primary link.

drwheel
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Sep 28 2013 04:31 PM

My first craft goes fine. Next, it opens the crafting menu, selects the correct recipe, but it fails to click 'synthesize' to start the next craft.

*edit* Fixed this. Numpad2 must be bound to "Move cursor down" in keybindings -> system

Temil2008
  • Members
  • 364 posts

My first craft goes fine. Next, it opens the crafting menu, selects the correct recipe, but it fails to click 'synthesize' to start the next craft.

*edit* Fixed this. Numpad2 must be bound to "Move cursor down" in keybindings -> system

correct, good catch there.

just fyi, all of the following keys needto be bound in the next upcoming release..

Numpad2 = move cursor down

Numpad6 = move cursor right

Numpad4 = move cursor left

Numpad0 = Ok/confirm (or whatever it's called)