Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Site is broken. Fix it!!!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic
Phasma Felis
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Last active: Apr 22 2014 05:59 AM

Kudos to Phasma Felis for analyzing the problem and posting the Greasemonkey script!
On my system, there seems to be one minor quirk in how Firefox and that script handle the autohotkey forum. It doesn't seem to allow me to write a reply. To write this reply, I had to disable the script. But so far it seems that after the forum manifests correctly because of the script, it continues to manifest correctly after being disabled until one leaves the forum.

Hmm. No promises, but I'll take a look. For what it's worth, I'm able to write replies in Chrome using the Tampermonkey scripting extension. I haven't tried with anything else.

Phasma Felis
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Last active: Apr 22 2014 05:59 AM

Thanks for the temporary fix Drainx1. I had to use Tampermonkey in chrome to get the script to work (as you suggested).

With this fix the Spoiler sections will not expand. But yeh to be able to see for forums in their correct format and be able to login and post.

Really hope this gets a permanent fix soon.

Thanks again Drainx.

I'm Phasma Felis. Drainx was the one emailing Poly about it. But you're welcome. :)

I'm glad it mostly works for you. I'll look into the spoiler issue if I get a chance. Could you PM me a link to a post/thread with a non-working spoiler?

vahju
  • Members
  • 337 posts
  • Last active: Sep 21 2014 03:52 AM
I didn't read the whole thread so sorry for the mishandled kudos.
So thanks to Drainx for contacting Poly.
Thanks to Phasma Felis for this userscript.

Here is a post there the spoiler tag won't expand.

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM
this issue could be with CloudFlare

i've seen CloudFlare error pages at times, so i guess poly must be using them as a CDN to keep the site speed fast. since not everyone is having the problem, perhaps there is an issue with one particular CloudFlare server that you guys are all routing through

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM

I went out and found a free proxy that works for me, it's  Russian :D

adress/ip: 109.194.1.132

port: 8080

type: HTTP

Works great, for now.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

FusionFire
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Last active: Jan 24 2016 06:48 AM

I have to use a proxy for a forum, arghhh what is the internet coming too.  When will someone fix this, today, tomorrow, 2014 ?

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor

Well, it may or may not be Polyethenes issue, as stated. It could be a bug with CloudFlare, or... uh, I don't know. I'm no webdev. Or it could be 100% his fault. Or 50/50. Maybe he updated CF and it broke the AHK forum but not other services he apparently hosts. 

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*

jethrow
  • Moderators
  • 2854 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2017 01:57 AM

I don't think it's an issue of simply using a proxy, but of where in the world your traffic is routed in that particular session of the proxy.

If I use my internet at home, the site is messed up. However, if I use the personal hotspot wi-fi from my phone, the site is fine ...

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor

So I've had my proxy off for a couple days and the site still 90% works. But if I go into private browsing mode, the site breaks until I leave that mode again. This is one weird bug.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*

jethrow
  • Moderators
  • 2854 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2017 01:57 AM
I assume that's due to cached pages...?

flyingDman
  • Spam Officer
  • 2186 posts
  • Last active: Nov 07 2015 08:15 AM
Still not working here. Using Greasemonkey script. This started yesterday for me. Is everyone else back on?

Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford told senators at his Joint Chiefs of Staff confirmation hearing : “If you want to talk about a nation that could pose an existential threat to the United States, I'd have to point to Russia. And if you look at their behavior, it's nothing short of alarming.”

Coco
  • Members
  • 697 posts
  • Last active: Oct 31 2015 07:26 PM
Just started experiencing this. Both on work and home...

fischgeek
  • Moderators
  • 1074 posts
  • Last active: Jul 07 2015 06:27 PM
Same here. been like this for me for about 3 days now. annoying.

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor

the proxy info I gave above works excellently. maybe a little bit slow (~150-200ms for me).

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*

fischgeek
  • Moderators
  • 1074 posts
  • Last active: Jul 07 2015 06:27 PM

the proxy info I gave above works excellently. maybe a little bit slow (~150-200ms for me).

That actually works at work. lol. I didn't think it would. Thank you.