Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

The future of the forum: Poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

Poll: The future of the forum: (103 member(s) have cast votes)

How should we proceed?

1. Keep everything like it is (3 votes [2.91%])

Percentage of vote: 2.91%

2. Migrate to a new server but (try to) get the domain "autohotkey.com" from Polyethene (73 votes [70.87%])

Percentage of vote: 70.87%

3. Migrate to a new server and use a new domain, but keep "AutoHotkey" as name (12 votes [11.65%])

Percentage of vote: 11.65%

4. Voted Migrate to a new server and re-brand AutoHotkey completely (12 votes [11.65%])

Percentage of vote: 11.65%

5. Other (please explain) (3 votes [2.91%])

Percentage of vote: 2.91%

Vote
Alibaba
  • Members
  • 435 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2014 04:21 PM
I can't believe it. :O
Active repression is much worse than ignorance...

Find the recent autohotkey version here: ahkscript.org

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM

So it appears in a casual retaliatory endeavor Poly has deleted DrainX Posts (10:42 eastern time) as of this morning any any posts he has ever made. I guess I'm next

Rather than respond or open some dialog he just mutes out dissention

no surprise

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM

well all one has to do is look at the profile and search for posts

I think it is now clear to everyone that Poly is performing the duty of hosting the site out of some obligitory feeling to Chris and has no intention of maintanance or improvements

Autohotkey domain has never been open source and its current owner isnt (at least history shows as much) interested in the voice of its members or resolving technical issues.

Polythene, Please enter into a meaningful dialog to hand over ownership of the domain an archive of the forum. We would like to begin the next phase of Autohotkeys life as a true open source foundation. and despite our differences you are in fact welcome to be a member of that new community, provide input, and be heard. Your years in this community are invaluable. but it is clear by your actions that you are not interested in the leg work anymore. I can provide you FTP to place an archive

All, at this point i am not going to wait. I am going to take a week off of work and begin building a replacement forum that we can move to whatever eventual hosting and domain we arrive at. 

In addition I want to start looking into any procedures necesary to create a Foundation for said ownership

In my mind 

SKAN

Lexikos

Finc's should be its first 3 board members and choose additional Board members from there. SKAN mostly because i have never met a longer term more level headed giving member of this community. I think he genuinely understands the audience as well as Finc's and Lexikos

I will not be assuming any membership in such a foundations board. But i am willing to do some of the work to get it off the ground

Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation

well all one has to do is look at the profile and search for posts

I think it is now clear to everyone that Poly is performing the duty of hosting the site out of some obligitory feeling to Chris and has no intention of maintanance or improvements

Autohotkey domain has never been open source and its current owner isnt (at least history shows as much) interested in the voice of its members or resolving technical issues.

Polythene, Please enter into a meaningful dialog to hand over ownership of the domain an archive of the forum. We would like to begin the next phase of Autohotkeys life as a true open source foundation. and despite our differences you are in fact welcome to be a member of that new community, provide input, and be heard. Your years in this community are invaluable. but it is clear by your actions that you are not interested in the leg work anymore. I can provide you FTP to place an archive

All, at this point i am not going to wait. I am going to take a week off of work and begin building a replacement forum that we can move to whatever eventual hosting and domain we arrive at. 

In addition I want to start looking into any procedures necesary to create a Foundation for said ownership

In my mind 

• SKAN
  • Lexikos
  • Finc's

should be its first 3 board members and choose additional Board members from there. SKAN mostly because i have never met a longer term more level headed giving member of this community. I think he genuinely understands the audience as well as Finc's and Lexikos

I will not be assuming any membership in such a foundations board. But i am willing to do some of the work to get it off the ground

Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts

no way

there is no way that that is his reason. if he felt obligated to Chris, then he would do what he could to make sure that everything goes smoothly, even if that means handing it off to someone else. right now, he is doing about as poorly as possible. i always thought it was very very strange for Chris to choose poly to pass the torch to, since poly is very inactive in the community. Chris probably chose him simply because poly ran ahk.net website.

the real reason for poly's actions is because he is on a power trip, and refuses to give up control to anyone else because then he is no longer in charge. this was apparent right from the start, when he wouldn't given sumon access to the fix the previous forum. the same was apparent with his year long resistance to promoting AHK_L as the standard, and instead renaming and keeping "AHK Basic" as the default. he wants to remain in charge even though he doesn't care at all. its pure power and ego

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation

I think its clear at this point that continuing to attack his character wont get us the results we want. lets try a different path

Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM

like #4? :p

or wait for Eedis.

Attacking his other forums/twitter would be pointless.

There's also another option but I'm not sure if it'd work. It involves Chris. I have an address that may be his house/apartment. But I don't think we should get him involved, he's long gone (and left gracefully, don't drag him into hell)

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

nnnik
  • Members
  • 1625 posts
  • Last active: Jan 24 2019 02:19 PM

If Poly's doing some stuff again we're going to continue our search for an new forum at the Irc-Channel OK?

Offtopic: If someone would delete all my posts I'd **** his life.:D

Visit the new forum ahkscript.org.

http://ahkscript.org

Visioneer
  • Members
  • 287 posts
  • Last active: Sep 17 2017 10:07 PM

Tank, you always have been one of the greats. If you build a forum I am sure it will be great.

I would hope that you do assume the highest level possible for your comfort, in any such foundations board.

I would change my vote to "hell yes", if you were in the picture seriously. Thanks Tank.

Don't forget about jethrow and maybe sean can do a cameo.

Before we do this, maybe we could have a few polls about how we can raise money, the features of the new forum, etc.

Give tank some input before he starts such a daunting task. Get some folks to help out a little or a lot.

I still say to poly, take a piece, and take a rest. There is some real power here. Selling 4 or 5 killer programs is not going

to change anything except put some money in the foundations coffers. Better than a bake sale?

Besides, ahk website could, maybe should, provide a place for software craftspeople to sell their artwork. Look at etsy.com

ebay.com etc. cnet is expensive. It is very expensive and time consuming to set up an ecommerce site. Let a progrsmmer

have their own page to show and sell their stuff. They can focus more on programming and marketing, instead of building

and maintaining ecommerce systems. Just paypal is enough.

Lastly to tank. Please make it so I don't have to leave the new "ourAutohotkey" website to do a decent search of the website.

What we had before was much better imho.

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts

There's also another option but I'm not sure if it'd work. It involves Chris. I have an address that may be his house/apartment. But I don't think we should get him involved, he's long gone (and left gracefully, don't drag him into hell)

i dont think this is out of line at all

it could be a simple message to Chris, something like, "The person you handed AHK over to, polyethene aka Titan, is running amok instituting dictatorship, refusing to do anything, refusing to listen to any complaints, and instead chooses to troll the members of the forum and delete and censor any posts about the issues. If you have any control left, we would appreciate it if you could replace polyethene with anyone else, and we'll take it from there."

nnnik
  • Members
  • 1625 posts
  • Last active: Jan 24 2019 02:19 PM

Giving the Power to just one person could result in the same Problems.

Visit the new forum ahkscript.org.

http://ahkscript.org

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
whatever then, give him the idea of the Foundation, anything. it was just an example

Visioneer
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Anybody passing all this on the folks at Internet Relay Chat (IRC) #ahk

http://www.autohotke...just-add-water/

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM

Visioneer:

Most of us (myself included) IRC'ers are fairly active on the forums too :)

I also had to do some snooping to get what might be Chris's address. But it was at one point public (domain info stuff) to everyone. But It might not even be his address. Or he might have moved. So... Don't really know who'd be up to writing a letter. Don't want to post it publicly in here.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

Visioneer
  • Members
  • 287 posts

I thought I had sent him a PM about 2 weeks ago. Think he ever reads them?

I am setting this posts  "Post Options" to Uncheck "Follow this topic". Will that take me off the

tons of emails I keep getting for this poll?  I would like to 1 or 2 emails a day on it, not 50.

That possible?  That won't affect all my other posts that I do want emails on?